Bigger isn't always better.

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Bigger isn't always better.

Post by PABassPlayer »

My rig for the last 4 years has been a SWR WorkingPro 700 head and a 4x10 and 1x15 WorkingPro cabs. It's been an awesome set up and has worked well even in large clubs.

I have recently started working in an original project as well as my cover band, and moving that rig was not something I wanted to do. I went over to my friends high end bass store www.bassspecialties.com looking for a decent combo that would punch through 2 guitars and drums without being a huge rig. I was looking at a 300w SWR combo, that while sounded "ok", it was big, bulky and about 80 lbs. Still not what I wanted.

Next he plugged me into a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 and all I gotta say is HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!! The head weighs 3.75 lbs and the cab is about 25 lbs, and it sounds fucking awesome. 350 watts with the supplied cab, and 600 watts with an 8 ohm extention cab. The price tag was $1125.00 and and I traded in one of my jazz basses ($650.00) and tonight I'm taking the head and trying it with my SWR cabs. If it sounds like the GB cab, I'm gonna unload the SWR head too and then just move the 3.75 GB head to each practice room where my cabs will be waiting.

If you get a chance, check this little monster out at your local music store. Truely a superior piece of equiptment.
I got the single 12...

It is also available with a 2x10 cab for $100.00 more.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

when you get it post some sound clips!
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

I was seriously looking into one of those too. Since I get FOH support at nearly every gig I play, I really have no need to haul around the "refrigerator". Then I could just leave my amps at rehearsal places and never have to move them again.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Pfl?yd wrote:I was seriously looking into one of those too. Since I get FOH support at nearly every gig I play, I really have no need to haul around the "refrigerator". Then I could just leave my amps at rehearsal places and never have to move them again.
Floyd...I couldn't make a bigger recommendation. This thing fucking rocks!
I'm trading in SWR tonight, I hooked that little bad ass up to my SWR (8ohm) cabs last night and on "5" I was rattling the windows. After 3 hours of non-stop practice....the case was actually "cold to the touch".

Cheers to Genz Benz!
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]