Iron Maiden 6/12 Detailed Review

Have some tour dates? Got a concert review? Its all in here....
shortkidwill
Mouth For War

Iron Maiden 6/12 Detailed Review

Post by shortkidwill »

From Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Me and my friend arrived at the venue at about 7:15. It was my first time back to Blossom Music Center since I saw Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in 2002. While I thought the venue was absolutely amazing and one of the best outdoor venues I have ever been to, the only thing that I felt was weak was having to park out in the grass and walk nearly 3 blocks to get inside of it. It must be a parking pass sort of thing where only people with parking passes get to park on the pavement right outside of the doors. It was a good thing that it didn't rain there otherwise lots of people would have been stuck. Anyways, if you live in Ohio I would strongly suggest checking out a show at this venue. Lots of lawn space and I really liked how the roof of the pavilion almost appeared as a giant house roof.

Now to the review:

Lauren Harris's Band: 1/10

Sorry to Steve but I don't really know why he chose to have this band open other than the fact that it was his daughter. Neither I or at least 85% of the crowd could get into this band. I understand that Maiden is a very hard band to open for and is one of the only bands I have ever seen live that really does not need an opening act. This band just did not do anything for me other than make me impatient for Maiden to take the stage.

Iron Maiden: 10/10

There are no words or even a review that I could write that would be long or descriptive enough to describe this performance. The last time that I saw Maiden, I was not able to enjoy them as much due to heat poisoning from a 105 degree day at Ozzfest. I had a gut feeling that this would make up for it on every account and I was proven right from the second they took the stage. Before they came on stage, they aired a video showing them traveling the world on their plane which including tons of screaming fans at their shows, fans meeting them at the airport getting autographs and pictures, arriving at various venues and other things that highlighted what seemed to be this particular tour. After these highlights were shown, they aired a video with World War II airplanes and bombs which included Winston Churchill's famous speech. Then, out they came to an explosive entrance going right into "Aces High".

There were a few things that really stood out to me about this performance. The first was the energy that all of them displayed throughout the show. Bruce Dickinson was running all over the stage like a mad man, Steve Harris did not miss a single note, Janick Gers seemed to be running around and shredding like he was still in his 20s and overall the entire band played the set note for note as if it was 1986. Bruce also did an amazing job interacting with the crowd via humor and encouragement. During "Fear of the Dark", they had some fans come up on stage with them and sing. The second was the stage theatrics. During "Number of the Beast", they had a statue of satan with pyrotechnics shooting off around the stage. Eddie the cyborg made his appearance during "The Clairvoyant" with a pyrotechnic entrance. Bruce also appeared dressed as a Lumberjack waving a UK flag during "The Trooper". It was also interesting to see the album covers in the background of the stage set-up which displayed the albums of the songs during the particular song they were performing. The third was the overall sound quality. I have been going to concerts almost my entire life and I have never heard quite good sound quality. While Bruce's voice seemed to fade only a couple times throughout the show, the sound quality was absolutely fantastic. This should be more credited to the tech team than anyone but the band did a phenomenal job ensuring that their sound was nothing short of spectacular.

Overall, this was by far one of the most amazing live shows I have been to in my entire concert-attending life. This band truly displays what it takes to be an amazing band by appearing to love everything about what they do. At 30+ years of performing all over the world, these guys demonstrate what has made them immortal to fans and what has made them icons in the Heavy Metal world. It was truly an honor to be in attendance for this tour and have the ability to see a band that has certainly changed my life in a lot of ways. Up the Irons!!
CliffandJason-BASS
Hail Dimebag

Post by CliffandJason-BASS »

this was indeed fucking killer! i was goin crazzzy! love this band! first time at blossom :tup:

lauren looked really hott!!!!!
at least from where i was!
Muthafuckin' Wheelbarrow!