Modified effects pedals

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Modified effects pedals

Post by croninburg »

I'm going to send my small stone away to get an expression pedal jack installed.. I emailed an engineer asking for a quote, he said "probably not cheap" :roll: :lol:

Is anyone here into electronics, or do any of you have any cusomised gear? I'm always bending over to change pedal settings during shows - I need to get a second good delay pedal with an expression pedal for time. The Robert Keeley modified AD9s lok amazing, as do the Moogerfooger delays, but they're so expensive :x
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Just get one of these!

Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Oh fucking snap :shock: What a great idea, thanks Pfloyd! Do you think there's any chance of damage with particularly vigorous use?
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

I have a keeley hot rodded boss bass compression, and a keeley hot rodded boss chorus pedal. They were pricey, but for the "true bypass" feature alone, well worth the $$$.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Mescalito
Lynch Mob

Post by Mescalito »

Pfl?yd wrote:Just get one of these!

ha, that's pretty cool.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

It's a good idea, but from a little research it seems that it's not particularly well executed. I think I'm going to go with a "proper" expression pedal, just because it's going to be used pretty vigorously and I don't want to spend $100 plus shipping for something that might not do the job..
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

croninburg wrote:It's a good idea, but from a little research it seems that it's not particularly well executed. I think I'm going to go with a "proper" expression pedal, just because it's going to be used pretty vigorously and I don't want to spend $100 plus shipping for something that might not do the job..
I imagine the worst that would happen is burning out the pot on it. But if you're using a good pedal, you should be alright. Just hit it with some contact cleaner from time to time to keep everything pristine.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
goshuaspenis
Hail Dimebag

Post by goshuaspenis »

bass peepers

Need good effects for my bass

a distortion, tuner etc

what are graphics equalisers, compressors etc and are they essential :tup:
[quote="Psycho Gangster"]Best username: Goshuaspenis[/quote]
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Pfl?yd wrote:
croninburg wrote:It's a good idea, but from a little research it seems that it's not particularly well executed. I think I'm going to go with a "proper" expression pedal, just because it's going to be used pretty vigorously and I don't want to spend $100 plus shipping for something that might not do the job..
I imagine the worst that would happen is burning out the pot on it. But if you're using a good pedal, you should be alright. Just hit it with some contact cleaner from time to time to keep everything pristine.
I wasn't particularly worried about the pot on the small stone, but the harmony central reviews report some mechanical problems, for example the expression pedal not being able to turn the pot completely one way or the other.. I assume that's because it's designed not to break the pedals it's attatched to :lol: I get the impression that it's designed for changing between settings without using your hands rather than as an expression pedal per se.