my gigantour review

Have some tour dates? Got a concert review? Its all in here....
Bodom J
Lynch Mob

my gigantour review

Post by Bodom J »

megadeth has long since been my second favorite band of all time so of course I've been wanting to see them live and this was my first time. They only played for an hour and a half which is pretty disappointing but i'm not really complaining about it.

High On Fire - we got there just as high on fire went on stage. Even from outside this band was CRUSHING. This is the second time I've seen the live but the first time was a small venue so i was blown away by how fucking heavy their sound is live. I like them but the only album I have/heard is blessed black wings but it seems like every song they played kicked fucking ass. Their sound is like a wall and it envelped the crowd and got people pumped up for the show. Bad part: you could barely hear mike's vocals. The first time I heard them, no vocals could be heard either. I'm not sure if they just have a shitty vocal set up or what but it's pretty annoying. Mike was really into it. during the parts where he didn't have to sing, he was running all over the place, shredding his ass off. Their drummer has one of the clearest and crispiest live sounds i've ever heard. It was amazing and half the time i was watching his moves. If you haven't see this band live, catch them asap.

Job For Cowboy - I was very surprised that high on fire were the opening act. I figured they were bigger than this band. oh well. Anyway, this band is gayer than FUCK. Their songs went on and on and never went anywhere. This band has NO stage presence whatsoever. The lead guitar player hung out in the back where no one could see him until he did a solo and then came to the front, like he was so fucking special that his solos demanded that much attention. They were shitty short solos and didn't fit the songs at all. first of all, they were very melodic which made no sense because from what I could tell, this band isn't melodic at all. The solos were out of place too. The band is playing then out of no where, as if the song is stopping, a solo comes in. stupid. The rest of the band just stayed in the exact same spot and did these stupid little head bangs, most of which they couldn't even do in time with the music. the singer couldn't head bang and sing at the same time, the vocals would stop when he did so. And he kept doing this stupid hand motion where he points to the crowd like he's giving them a lecture. all their songs sounded exactly the same, it was big long song and his high pitched death vocals are fucking pathetic. death metal for people who don't know what death metal is. terrible, terrible, band.

children of bodom - pretty excited to see them too obviously. first time seeing them as well and I was pretty disappointed but not by their performances, which were perfect. During the show the barricade broke and security stopped the show for almost 20 minutes and the band missed half their set. they got to play 5 songs, less than the previous bands before them. that was what was pretty disappointing. but it wasn't bodom's fault and the songs they played were good. They played downfall, hate me, hellhounds on my trail, blooddrunk, and other song that I can't remember.

in flames - because of their recent attitude (at least from the drummers perspective) against their fans and their shitty new album, I wasn't too keen on seeing them play. However, they only played two or three songs from their newest one and even played a song from whoracle but too bad the experience was horrible and the worst live act i've seen so far. Their sound was completely off and muddled. you couldn't hear anders scream vocals at all and there was barely anyway to tell which songs were being played except from the crowd singing the lyrics to the choruses. They too sounded like one big song because of this and I was so bored from their set and almost went insane. i've seen them live before and they were tight as hell. I guess this was an off night for them. still, i didn't care for seeing them anyway so it is no big deal. however, this does prove that most people these days don't go to concerts to hear music. they just go to "mosh" and to hang out. There was NO WAY anyone enjoyed their muddled sound set but everyone (mostly emo fags) went INSANE for them. pretty embarrassing moment for the human race.

megadeth - This was badass and so far they are the best live band I've seen yet. I haven't seen a whole lot but yeah. The first two songs were sleepwalker and wake up dead. Something was wrong with some technical stuff and chris brodericks' guitar sound wouldn't come through so he stayed off the stage and mustaine played the only guitar for these two songs and it was awesome. He pulled it off extremely well. Chris Broderick must be pretty well known by now because when he came out on the third song, the crowd went NUTS. This band is so fucking dedicated and he pours his heart into every song. Watching him, anyone could tell how focused he was on these songs, songs that he never eve had a part writing or forming. I hope he sticks with this band. Mustaine and him had a little dueling guitar solo thing and it was bad ass, chris is almost as good as dave it seems. A few of the songs they extended by jamming at the end or adding extra guitar solos. I didn't realized it until that night, but megadeth's songs are built for the ultimate live experience. so many of their songs have parts were it allows the crowd to go insane. They did an encore and it was holy wars. hangar 18 was so fucking intense live and after they got done playing you could hear everybody in the crowd saying stuff like, "that was bad ass!" or "holy shit, that was fucking amazing". yet again i was surprised that most of the people there were there for megadeth. When they played the floor was so thick with so many people that you couldn't pop a boner without fucking someone up the ass. Me and every other person in the place was singing along to every word of every megadeth song. amazing exerpience.

without megadeth, this concert would have been pretty shitty. But they saved the night and made it worth the long ass drive and time.
Last edited by Bodom J on Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Recommended listen:

Artist: Dark Tranquillity
Album: Construct
Song: What Only You Know
CliffandJason-BASS
Hail Dimebag

Post by CliffandJason-BASS »

thanks for the reveiw :tup:

sorry about you missing the bodom set brah
Muthafuckin' Wheelbarrow!
Bodom J
Lynch Mob

Post by Bodom J »

yeah, hopefully i can catch them again sometime soon. however, I went for megadeth (seeing bodom was just a cool bonus) so it's all good :tup:
Recommended listen:

Artist: Dark Tranquillity
Album: Construct
Song: What Only You Know
CoercedCoexistence
Lynch Mob

Post by CoercedCoexistence »

thanks for the review, going to see this on saturday. i'm gonna heckle the fuck out of anders if they suck. wish bodom was the biggest of the support bands. you should definitely check them out next time the headline :tup:
[quote="Jericho"]definitely not a favorite but Kid Rock's American Badass is good.[/quote]
Lando Griffin
Hail Dimebag

Post by Lando Griffin »

Word, I'm going wednesday. It really sucks High on Fire is the opener though, I would love to be able to catch them but I'm coming from class, so I have no idea if I can make it in time. I've seen IF twice, and both times their sound was kind of muffled too, you could hardly hear the guitars, it was all just drums and shit drowning everything out. I'm pumped to see Broderick play, should be a pretty decent show.

When I was first really getting into metal, In Flames and Children of Bodom were the first "melodic" death-ish metal bands I go into, and if I was 15 this would be the best show ever. It just sucks that In Flames sucks now and I just kind of grew out of/lost interest in Bodom. I usually give bands the benefit of the doubt when I see them live though, I can usually dig sets of bands as long as they're decent, so we'll see.
DBS
Haunted

Re: my gigantour review

Post by DBS »

Bodom J wrote:chris is almost as good as dave it seems.
chris is a far more accomplished player.

good review - why the fuck is job for a cowboy on that bill? i think after all the success they've had from scene fags on myspace, they are actually playing to people who know anything about music and are getting slated by just about everyone.

i saw megadeth a couple of years ago with diamond head. they are a great live band, and as you said the songs are just built for the live arena.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
CoercedCoexistence
Lynch Mob

this show was so-so. missed high on fire cause we were drinking in the parking lot, job for a cowboy was homosexual to the extreme, bodom were sweet but didn't play long enough, in flames were lame and played a ton of new crap (although they did play graveland which was pretty cool) and megadeth just flat out ruled.
[quote="Jericho"]definitely not a favorite but Kid Rock's American Badass is good.[/quote]
CliffandJason-BASS
Hail Dimebag

less than 7 days fellas for me!
Lando Griffin
Hail Dimebag

Post by Lando Griffin »

Went on the 23rd. Came from class so I missed high on fire and caught the last song of JFAC (gay). I was pretty dissapointed overall, Bodom was pretty boring, and In Flames had a pretty terrible set list (I kind of expected that however). They at least played morphing into primal, pinball map, and behind space. Megadeth was solid...Broderick really did a good job nailing all the solos and everything, especially since a bunch of the songs are played faster live. The thing is it was my third time seeing megadeth so it wasn't really worth paying $41 to only end up enjoying their set :(. I should have stuck to my original decision of not going, but oh well.
CliffandJason-BASS
Hail Dimebag

Lando Griffin wrote:Bodom was pretty boring
:shock:

elaborate please
StonerAngel
Little Miss Trouble

Post by StonerAngel »

Bodom J wrote:
High On Fire - Mike was really into it. during the parts where he didn't have to sing, he was running all over the place, shredding his ass off.
*Matt
CliffandJason-BASS
Hail Dimebag

WENT TO THE mAY 4TH SHOW.

AMAZING!!!!!

Post by Guest »

StonerAngel wrote:
Bodom J wrote:
High On Fire - Mike was really into it. during the parts where he didn't have to sing, he was running all over the place, shredding his ass off.
*Matt
How do you know he didn't mean some guy in the audience?
StonerAngel
Little Miss Trouble

Post by StonerAngel »

Cock Lobster wrote:
StonerAngel wrote:
Bodom J wrote:
*Matt
How do you know he didn't mean some guy in the audience?
it's pretty obvious. :roll:
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

god you're an idiot
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

Post by MetalStrikesDown »

I will not elaborate too much, but I went last night to the show in Chicago.

Missed the first two songs from High on Fire, only because the concert started at 4:30 when everything said it was to start at 5:00. I thought they did well. I knew that their studio music was good but I didn't recognize anything since I am always too busy listening to some death metal. But they had energy and i thought it was retarded how they only got to use half of the stage because people are too lazy to set up instruments after a band finishes.

So I am one of the 12 non-scene kids who enjoy Job for a Cowboy. I was mildly excited to see them since I was really there for Megadave. Lets just say I was extremely disappointed, the vocalist kept doing this kung-fu shit with his hand FUCKING ANNOYING. I knew they were going to play Entombment of a Machine, so of course I expected the high pitched screams, NOPE. The fucking pussy didn't do it, he let the crowd fuck it up. They didn't play the one song I wanted them to fucking play so GAY. Overall I hated their live performance, they need to fix whatever the fuck was wrong with the dudes vocals and nothing seemed to be played as clean as in studio. So I will stick to the albums. Also the pits sucked for them, somehow my left arm basically got destroyed though.

Yay Children of Bodom. I am not the biggest fan of Bodom, I won't turn it off if it comes on but I also will probably not turn it on. They put on a good show, besides the fact that Alexi is one giant flaming :fur: fireball. The pits were insane and I elbowed some kid in the face and I also got punched in my temple. So yea they were awesome.

In Flames sucked hardcore. The only worthwhile songs they played were Morphing Into Primal and they opened with Cloud Connected. Other than that they whole place was apparently excited to see them, why? At one point Anders was trying to get the crowd to be loud, a lot of people yelled. Then he said no no no no no, fucking pussies louder. Can you believe that Mr. 'I haven't written a good song in 8 years' called everyone pussies? Whatever. GAY.

MEGAFUCKINGDEATH!! That should be enough said. This was also my first time seeing them. But I will say they played Take No Prisoners which is my favorite song by them. I basically got thrown into the pit, but it was still fun. They also played Sweating Bullets, Dave said they usually don't play that song. Some kid got his nose broken during the pit for Gears of War, I laughed. So yea Megadeth was totally awesome.

:aargh: So much for no elaborating.
drumchick
Far Beyond Driven

Post by drumchick »

since you guys are talking about bodom...does ayone know if they're going to do a tour of their own? They kick SOOOO much fuckin ass live!!! i loved it! dave mustaine chucked his pick, and it just slipped through my fingers, i wanted to kill the guy who got it...but the fucker was 10 times bigger than me!
\M/Sandra|M/
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

Post by Lumber Jack Off »

they tour the US all the fucking time.
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
The Morbid Angel Board has a new address.
come check it out.
rapidshare :no: :fu:
drumchick
Far Beyond Driven

Post by drumchick »

really? cuz they were saying how they're rarely on the road anymore and blah blah blah...maybe they were just talking about the whole WORLD tour....?
\M/Sandra|M/
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

Post by Lord of This World »

MetalStrikesDown wrote:Yay Children of Bodom. I am not the biggest fan of Bodom, I won't turn it off if it comes on but I also will probably not turn it on. They put on a good show, besides the fact that Alexi is one giant flaming :fur: fireball. The pits were insane and I elbowed some kid in the face and I also got punched in my temple. So yea they were awesome.
they were awesome because the pits were insane? you could mosh to polka if you wanted.

as for COB: what's even gayer than alexi being a fag is their little cheerleader chants.

INCOMING!

also when i saw In Flames a few years ago they had immaculate sound but they still sucked because they just fucking sucked.
stoic wrote:good news...everyone took that at face value and immediately stopped thinking you're a scared dork fuck.
CliffandJason-BASS
Hail Dimebag

Lumber Jack Off wrote:they tour the US all the fucking time.
not really.

they dont headline much at all
-Will-
I will fuck you up

Post by -Will- »

Lord of This World wrote:also when i saw In Flames a few years ago they had immaculate sound but they still sucked because they just fucking sucked.
:lol:
[quote="Garlic"]I really do enhance meals.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]People have said I look like Stewart Stevenson on Beavis and Butthead[/quote]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHD4bcZWZdc
CoercedCoexistence
Lynch Mob

CliffandJason-BASS wrote:
Lumber Jack Off wrote:they tour the US all the fucking time.
not really.

they dont headline much at all
yes they do retard. just because you just found them doesn't mean they haven't headlined over here multiple times.
CliffandJason-BASS
Hail Dimebag

no shit dude. what like 2/3?

i was saying like often, consecutive, every year stuff.