Paganfest USA Tour 2008 - More Tour Dates Announced.

Have some tour dates? Got a concert review? Its all in here....
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

Paganfest USA Tour 2008 - More Tour Dates Announced.

Post by Lumber Jack Off »

Paganfest USA Tour 2008
ENSIFERUM | TURISAS | TYR | ELUVEITIE

http://www.myspace.com/paganfestusa

25 Apr 2008 The Opera House Toronto, ON - CANADA
26 Apr 2008 Medley Montreal, QC - CANADA
27 Apr 2008 The Palladium Worcester, Massachusetts
28 Apr 2008 Jaxx Springfield, Virginia
29 Apr 2008 Peabody’s Down Under Cleveland, Ohio
30 Apr 2008 Harpo’s Detroit, Michigan
1 May 2008 Chicago Powerfest (Pearl Room) Mokena, Illinois
2 May 2008 Station 4 St. Paul, Minnesota
3 May 2008 Cervantes Masterpiece Ballroom Denver, Colorado
5 May 2008 Studio Seven Seattle, Washington*
6 May 2008 Hawthorne Theater Portland, Oregon*
7 May 2008 The Boardwalk Sacramento, California*
8 May 2008 House of Blues Hollywood, California*
9 May 2008 Fat City San Francisco, California*
10 May 2008 The Vault Long Beach, California*
11 May 2008 The Cell Block Phoenix, Arizona
12 May 2008 Chics El Paso, Texas
13 May 2008 The Launchpad Alburquerque, New Mexico
14 May 2008 Crush Lounge Tulsa, Oklahoma
15 May 2008 Ridglea Theater Fort Worth, Texas
16 May 2008 The White Rabbit San Antonio, Texas
17 May 2008 Java Jazz Houston, Texas
19 May 2008 The Masquerade Atlanta, Georgia
20 May 2008 Volume 11 Raleigh, North Carolina
21 May 2008 Crocodile Rock Allentown, Pennsylvania
22 May 2008 BB Kings Blues Club New York, New York

* SUIDAKRA will join Paganfest USA as special guests on the six West Coast dates.
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
The Morbid Angel Board has a new address.
come check it out.
rapidshare :no: :fu:

Post by Guest »

27 Apr 2008 The Palladium Worcester, Massachusetts

Supposedly on this same date at this same venue, the Meshuggah and Ministry CU-La-Tour is playing.

It can not be both. :bs: :? :hit: :lll: :death:
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

PhilCore wrote:27 Apr 2008 The Palladium Worcester, Massachusetts

Supposedly on this same date at this same venue, the Meshuggah and Ministry CU-La-Tour is playing.

NEMHF :shock:
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
come check it out.

Post by Guest »

Lumber Jack Off wrote:

That is indeed a good guess, and if true will make me a victim of self-ownage. But the Palladium website still doesn't have anything penned in for that date...nor any mention whatsoever of metalfest, ministry, or paganfest...
MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

Post by MetalStrikesDown »

I am going to the May 1st show in Mokena, IL. I hope it will be good, supposedly Ensiferum doesn't play Into Battle :no: :aargh:

Does anyone know where I can find a setlist for the bands who are there?
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

the tour doesn't start till friday dude. you'll have to wait to get a setlist, just hope somebody somewhere posts a detailed review.
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
come check it out.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

pagan festival ghost blood three four men cant drink shit. all pagan boys mamas down pub askin what real dnb is.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

Lumber Jack Off wrote:the tour doesn't start till friday dude. you'll have to wait to get a setlist, just hope somebody somewhere posts a detailed review.
There was a leg of the tour in Europe. I found a setlist for Ensiferum and Eluveittie. Turisas wasn't there and the guy who posted the setlist only caught the last song from Tyr. So I was just wondering at this time if anyone had what Tyr played, but yes I was going to look around when the American tour kicked off.
eurotard with tekno
I will fuck you up

Post by eurotard with tekno »

DBS wrote:pagan festival ghost blood three four men cant drink shit. all pagan boys mamas down pub askin what real dnb is.
most people know its metal and tekno in hell asswipe. except the middleclass. and a good review is always good if you want to pretend you went
have a house party with a 40watt lamp [url=http://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/shoutcast-playlist.pls?rn=411517&file=filename.pls]init[/url]

Post by Guest »

Cock Lobster wrote:
Lumber Jack Off wrote:

That is indeed a good guess, and if true will make me a victim of self-ownage. But the Palladium website still doesn't have anything penned in for that date...nor any mention whatsoever of metalfest, ministry, or paganfest...
By the way, it is NEMHF and I am going. :)
eurotard with tekno
I will fuck you up

Cock Lobster wrote:
Cock Lobster wrote:
Lumber Jack Off wrote:

how you not going. your probaly on openworld if your ip is traced
have a house party with a 40watt lamp [url=http://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/shoutcast-playlist.pls?rn=411517&file=filename.pls]init[/url]
buck satan
Baldy

Post by buck satan »

Cock Lobster wrote:
Cock Lobster wrote:
Lumber Jack Off wrote:

say hi to stonerangel while you're there
Robert M ByrdFinally passed a math class after 8 tries in a 14 year period of going to college off and on.

Post by Guest »

eurotard with tekno wrote:
Cock Lobster wrote:
Cock Lobster wrote:
Lumber Jack Off wrote:

what?

Post by Guest »

buck satan wrote:
Cock Lobster wrote:
Cock Lobster wrote:
Lumber Jack Off wrote:

If I spot her, she's getting a purple nurple. :tup:

She'll probably see me and hide like last time though.
eurotard with tekno
I will fuck you up

Cock Lobster wrote:
Cock Lobster wrote:
Cock Lobster wrote:
Lumber Jack Off wrote:

what?
self trace yourself http://www.ip-adress.com/

Post by Guest »

Cock Lobster wrote:
Cock Lobster wrote:
Cock Lobster wrote:
Lumber Jack Off wrote:

what?
Hey, now I know my longitude and latitude. Cool, thanks.
eurotard with tekno
I will fuck you up

Cock Lobster wrote:
Cock Lobster wrote:
Cock Lobster wrote:
Cock Lobster wrote:
Lumber Jack Off wrote:

what?
Hey, now I know my longitude and latitude. Cool, thanks.
a new gimmick. ip addresses are private information in the high court of america now. something else for real americans to sue eachother over. tards publish them in forums

and more probaly your isp location

Post by Guest »

Well this was okay.
FBS
Slack Cunt

Post by FBS »

NEMHF?

Did you see Turisas or what?
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

DBS wrote:pagan festival ghost blood three four men cant drink shit. all pagan boys mamas down pub askin what real dnb is.
most people know its metal and tekno in hell asswipe. except the middleclass. and a good review is always good if you want to pretend you went
you understood that? :lol:
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.

Post by Guest »

FBS wrote:NEMHF?

Did you see Turisas or what?
Yes. As follows:

2nd stage

Thy Will Be Done - generic metalcore. decent enough I guess. passed the time for the first twenty minutes after arrival in woosta.

Hemlock - very fun, solid metal band. apparently they are touring with meshuggah and ministry but got bumped to a twenty minute 2nd stage set instead of the sweet 45 minute third-tier slot (in favor of Divine Heresy...more on that later). very entertaining frontman...a+ for keeping the crowd awake, b/b+ musically.

Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza - had a few good moments. their fanboys/gurls went fucking nuts the whole time and filled the upstairs to like 3x what it was for the previous two bands. most of them were teenyboppers. one very cute lady standing next to me at one point demanded to know "who the FUCK is this" and then said "FUCK YOU!" when I explained that it was TDTDE. She wanted proof, and I took out my flashlight and schedule and showed her the time it was, and then said "oh by the way the lead singer also said 'Hi we're the tony danza tap dance extravanza" like ten minutes ago". She said "well they never used to be this mallcore. they're supposed to be motherfucking GRIND, okay?" and I said "well sorry." and was almost like "can i please eat your pussy?" but didn't so as to avoid an awkward misestimation of volume (my girlfriend was standing three feet away and the current song was winding down). bitch left for Vanna on the mainstage ANGRY. sweet ass on her.

I went to get pizza instead of watching Full Blown Chaos or Shai Hulud :zzz: :zzz:

Main stage
Eluveite did not translate that well as a live band in a large venue. Probably not their fault though; they had a ton of fucking instruments (were twenty minutes late going on due to long ass soundcheck :x )and I don't know how well their audio was set up. Of course, I was off to one side so maybe in the middle of the venue they sounded better. But that shit was cacophanous from my vantage. Nowhere near as good as on record. Also their stage dress/performance was gay(-er than I was expecting).

Tyr was next. Again, disappointed. I thought they'd be my favorite of all the Pagan bands live. They played "Hail To The Hammer" and maybe one other song I recognized (I only have Ragnarok and Land). Most of the material they chose was far from their "rockingest". They didn't have all the sound problems that Eluveite did, but it wasn't great either. Singer inaudible at a couple of points.

Turisas came out strong, definitely brought some energy lacking from their tourmates' sets (though you wouldn't have known it; all the scene nutjobs were going crazy and shaking their invisible battleaxes the whole time). Singer completely inaudible for most of first song, then the shit got fixed and life was :tup:

Ensiferum came out and kicked some ass. In related news, the gaseous atmosphere surrounding the earth appears to be the color blue from a terrestrial view.

Meshuggah came on and did their thing after a forty five minute break. Sounded EXACTLY like listening to a Meshuggah CD. Pretty scary. Also, somewhat monotonous after awhile. I mean, I like them and all, but..

Divine Heresy decided not to play for whatever reason. This meant well over an hour between Meshuggah and Ministry. (Poor dudes in Hemlock must've been all BULLSHIT SANDNIGGER!)

NOT WORTH THE WAIT.

Ministry didn't play a single song I knew. To be honest, the only album I've ever owned is Filth Pig, but some other people complained as well that there was virtually NO old shit. Just their new political noise-rock shit with a big screen behind the stage showing lots of grainy jump-cut footage of politicized bullshit with fancy (read: amateur) editing tricks. OoOoOoOoOoOo. Left during the first encore song (they took fifteen minutes to come back out :x :x ) when I realized it wasn't off Filth Pig.

Overall, out of five I give this year's NEMHF (based only on Sunday, as that's the only day I went) a :tup: :tup: :tup: (give or take half a :tdown:, as I think I'm being a little generous)
MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

Last night I went to the Pearl Room and watched me teh Paganfest.

Earthlin?, Earthlings?
First on was a local band, I believe their name was Earthlin?, Earthlings?; you konw something like that. Besides the uncanny resemblance the guitarist had too my friend they were alright. The vocalist said like three times that it was his first time ever performing in front of an audience. I think he did good, I would be able to judge better if I had heard their music before. Also the one chick they had singing, well you couldn't hear her at all. They really kind of lacked stage presence and their keyboardist kind of looked hilarious. Their drummer also looked like Kevin Smith.

Eluveitie
I admit I had heard both albums and enjoyed both before I saw them, but I really only knew one song by them, and they played that song first. I was confused at first because one guitarist and a bagpipe/flute/vocalist look like identical twins, even though neither have the same last name. The two chicks in the band were easily bangable, one was playing the hurdygurdy. But overall their performance was amazing. In a small venue they definitely can get the whole croud into it. There was some fun moshing and jigging. I think I tore ligaments in my elbow and throat because of all the fist puimping and "hoy" yelling. Yes but overall they kicked ass and I thought they would be the best performance of the night when they finished, but I was wrong.

Týr
Was dissapointed and happy at the same time. Dissapointed because they only played 5 songs and none of them were the 2 I wanted them to play, happy because I saw Týr live. They did play Hail to the Hammer which was pretty cool. My friend and I were the only ones singing along in the other language, of course I have no clue what they are saying but I know how to say it. They played their music good but was still dissapointed.

Turisas
From what I remember their albums seemed a bit boring and over the top, and in studio their music sounds like final boss music for video games. But they were fucking awesome live. The chick playing the accordian, well lets just say I would ravage that. A whole lotta fist pumping and "hoy" yelling again. The vocalist really knew how to get the crowd going. He drank an American beer onstage, not sure what kind it was, but he basically said it was weak and can't match up to what they were used to. So yea, they slayed, they got the crowd into really good, and they were just fun.

Ensiferum
The band everyone came to see. I guarantee no one was dissapointed. Well I was a little dissapointed because everyone in the band had their shirts off, except for the keyboardist, who again I would ravage but not as much as the accordian player. I forget what they stated off with, besides the intro that is on Victory Songs, but I think it was Iron. I was fucking happy that they played Into Battle. Of course they closed with Battle Song, my friend told some random Swedish guy if they didn't play Battle Song he would let him(Swedish guy) kick him in the nuts. So when Ensiferum left the stage before the encore he was kind of scared his nuts were gonna get destroyed. So yes there was more fist pumping and "hoy" yelling, there was some nice pits going on during Ensiferum, but I neglected to join them because I was having more fun watching the band. Also I was trying not to crush the 2 chicks that were standing in front of me, I was actually being a nice guy. Yes, Ensiferum slayed.

Overall:
The concert was very good. I am glad I decided basically at the last minute that I was going. It was definitely a lot of fun and not a waste of money. The tour shirt wasn't all that cool but I got one anyway.

Post by Guest »

Your review was a lot more hilarious than mine. :lol:

Also it sounds like you had a much better time. :x

FUCK the NEMHF. It really annoys me. :tdown:
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

you know how you can really say FUCK NEMHF? STOP GOING! a lot of metalheads i've talked to that used to live up there or still do have done just that. it still sells out regardless, but as soon as the metalcore trend ends i'm sure that stupid fest will begin to lose money and support.

also MetalStrikesDown, what did the tour shrits look like? what kind of merch did they have and what were the average prices?
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
come check it out.

Post by Guest »

Lumber Jack Off wrote:you know how you can really say FUCK NEMHF? STOP GOING! a lot of metalheads i've talked to that used to live up there or still do have done just that. it still sells out regardless, but as soon as the metalcore trend ends i'm sure that stupid fest will begin to lose money and support.

also MetalStrikesDown, what did the tour shrits look like? what kind of merch did they have and what were the average prices?
I hate the very concept of it, and usually loathe 95% of the bands, but often times it coincides with a few bands that I really want to see, usually ones that only come through the area rarely (if ever). So I buckle under the pressure and pay a shitload of money to see those few bands play short sets in the company of morons. :no:

I think the biggest moron may be me.
StonerAngel
Little Miss Trouble

Post by StonerAngel »

Cock Lobster wrote:
buck satan wrote:
Cock Lobster wrote:
Cock Lobster wrote:
Lumber Jack Off wrote:

If I spot her, she's getting a purple nurple. :tup:

She'll probably see me and hide like last time though.
i was at metalfest, didn't see you there.

when i saw you at that Down show a while back i didn't hide. i was standing like 2 feet from you at the bar even, you just didn't look over.

Post by Guest »

Well, good job not saying hello to someone you clearly know like a rude/creepy person. :)

Or, I'm sorry, like someone holding a grudge over some PBB bullshit. How many times have BT and papito scarred your soul with PBB bullshit? Oh that's right but they're popular, you gotta bury the hatchet with them so you can unpack your lunchbox at the cool table. :tup:
Bigval
Beanerwop

Post by Bigval »

You could of fucked her bra.
[21:29] utsadeli: i thought this chick i used to work with mexican i talked to her in spanish
[21:29] utsadeli: untill she told me she was hawaiian and i was like oh schitt my bad lol
[21:29] utsadeli: that went on for 2 months

Post by Guest »

Bigval wrote:You could of fucked her bra.
Yeah, or her panties. If only I knew her address!
StonerAngel
Little Miss Trouble

Post by StonerAngel »

Cock Lobster wrote:Well, good job not saying hello to someone you clearly know like a rude/creepy person. :)

Or, I'm sorry, like someone holding a grudge over some PBB bullshit. How many times have BT and papito scarred your soul with PBB bullshit? Oh that's right but they're popular, you gotta bury the hatchet with them so you can unpack your lunchbox at the cool table. :tup:
i'm not obligated to say hi to you just because i "know" you from the internet.
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

hi
StonerAngel
Little Miss Trouble

Post by StonerAngel »

Sam wrote:hi
hi Sam!
Bigval
Beanerwop

Post by Bigval »

StonerAngel wrote:
Cock Lobster wrote:Well, good job not saying hello to someone you clearly know like a rude/creepy person. :)

Does this apply to picking people up from airports because that would explain a lot.
[21:29] utsadeli: i thought this chick i used to work with mexican i talked to her in spanish
[21:29] utsadeli: untill she told me she was hawaiian and i was like oh schitt my bad lol
[21:29] utsadeli: that went on for 2 months
MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

Lumber Jack Off wrote:also MetalStrikesDown, what did the tour shrits look like? what kind of merch did they have and what were the average prices?
All the t-shirts were $20, they had the Paganfest logo on the front

And on the back had all the tour dates and venues. It just said the 4 bands Ensiferum, Turisas, Tyr, and Eluveitie; they were not their logos.
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

hmm, I see. thanks! :tup:
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
come check it out.

Post by Guest »

StonerAngel wrote:

Well that's fabulous. Congratulations are in order, I guess.

What if we had made eye contact? Would you have run away screaming "I don't have to acknowledge you!"? :lol:
StonerAngel
Little Miss Trouble

Post by StonerAngel »

Cock Lobster wrote:
StonerAngel wrote:

What if we had made eye contact? Would you have run away screaming "I don't have to acknowledge you!"? :lol:
i was with my husband at that Down show i saw you at. had you noticed me i am sure i would have said hi, maybe.
buck satan
Baldy

Post by buck satan »

Cock Lobster wrote:
StonerAngel wrote:

In all fairness here, you are a very creepy looking dude so she might have run away just because of that. Trust me, I know firsthand. :tdown:
Robert M ByrdFinally passed a math class after 8 tries in a 14 year period of going to college off and on.
Bodom J
Lynch Mob

Post by Bodom J »

are these bands really pagan? either way, I like a lot of these bands, i wish this tour would come here :x
Recommended listen:

Artist: Dark Tranquillity
Album: Construct
Song: What Only You Know
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

i'm driving 6 hours to go see it because that's the closest it comes to me. :tup:
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
come check it out.