Becoming

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Becoming

Post by whitemike »

I can't figure how he makes his squeels here. I have a Whammy (Digitech Whammy WH-4), ok not the same model he used, but similar enough which should be able to recreate the same sound he could get.

Does anyone know how he actually achieved these squeels with the whammy? Meaning, the settings on the whammy (Was it set to 1 or 2 octaves up) how he hits the strings (Are they fretted note/s or harmonic/s), which frets he used and did he even depress the pedal fully when doing it?

Arg.

The same help would be appreciated for Suicide Note Part II. Ta
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

Don't know the notes for becoming, but for suicide note pt 2 he steps on the whammy pedal as he plays a Bb power chord (root note 6 on the low string)
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Nice one, cheers :tup:
Chris
I will fuck you up

Post by Chris »

on becoming its the 4th fret on either the D or G string, but im not sure whever its a harmonic or anything.
Drunken Bassist
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Drunken Bassist »

If I remember right, you fret three and five on the fifth and third string respectively, kind of like an octave powerchord, or however the hell you'd word it, and then hit the whammy pedal.
<Insert witty comment here>
wal
women = whore

Post by wal »

you suck. :tdown:
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Drunken Bassist wrote:If I remember right, you fret three and five on the fifth and third string respectively, kind of like an octave powerchord, or however the hell you'd word it, and then hit the whammy pedal.
thats right :tup:

its set to 2 octaves up.
Chris
I will fuck you up

Post by Chris »

ahhh so thats what it is. i took a guess at 4th fret coz thats what it looks like on some of the bootlegs ive got.