Wacken 2008

Have some tour dates? Got a concert review? Its all in here....
Bert
Lynch Mob

Post by Bert »

www.graspop.be Every year it's the same with you :x
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

:tup: :tup: :tup:
IFryKids
Elitist Asshole

Post by IFryKids »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Recommended Listening for the Moment:

Impetuous Ritual - Relentless Execution of Ceremonial Excrescence
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

They have a very gay and shitty cover of walk on their myspace too. Fucking hell I hate these dickless bastards.
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

Ha. Good stuff.
GRIM
FBS
Slack Cunt

Post by FBS »

weonlywonfiveone wrote:Excuses excuses
I know what you mean, and I thought the same thing today. I've always said I'll go do this and I'll go see that and I hate it.

The only thing I need to worry about is my house (which I rent so it's fine, just breaking the lease I'm concerned about.. and as for mortgage before I'm considering buying this year cause I'm tired of paying dead rent), anyway I just stress about my beautiful kittens, my tenancy and my debts. The thing is though I've been wanting to do this for years so I had a big long talk to my boyfriend today and he said if I can organise everything before June we'll do it. :lol: Fuckin AWESOME. I just need someone to take on my lease, look after my kittens and look after my stuff. So long as that's all out of the way I have no worries.

I'm wanting to travel to loads of places, I want to be o/s for at least 12 months so I'll be hitting you all up for advice. :) I'm not backpacking either, I want to set up camp in some countries for a good few months at least and I'd definitely be needing to work while I'm adventuring. I'm so excited, I've been planning all night! I hope it all comes together. I might be at Graspop this year mafuckas! Perhaps Wacken too although the lineup doesn't appeal to me so much. Anyhoo.. YAY! :D
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

I cant account for Graspop, but at Wacken you can literally watch no bands the whole weekend and still have a great time. Thats why i keep on going back, because of the atmosphere :tup:
GRIM
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

FBS wrote:
weonlywonfiveone wrote:Excuses excuses
I know what you mean, and I thought the same thing today. I've always said I'll go do this and I'll go see that and I hate it.

The only thing I need to worry about is my house (which I rent so it's fine, just breaking the lease I'm concerned about.. and as for mortgage before I'm considering buying this year cause I'm tired of paying dead rent), anyway I just stress about my beautiful kittens, my tenancy and my debts. The thing is though I've been wanting to do this for years so I had a big long talk to my boyfriend today and he said if I can organise everything before June we'll do it. :lol: Fuckin AWESOME. I just need someone to take on my lease, look after my kittens and look after my stuff. So long as that's all out of the way I have no worries.

I'm wanting to travel to loads of places, I want to be o/s for at least 12 months so I'll be hitting you all up for advice. :) I'm not backpacking either, I want to set up camp in some countries for a good few months at least and I'd definitely be needing to work while I'm adventuring. I'm so excited, I've been planning all night! I hope it all comes together. I might be at Graspop this year mafuckas! Perhaps Wacken too although the lineup doesn't appeal to me so much. Anyhoo.. YAY! :D
Excellent, good luck. Planning is fun!
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

everyone should leave avenged sevenfold a message on their myspace. i have.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

DBS wrote:everyone should leave avenged sevenfold a message on their myspace. i have.
I'll do it later. I already signed that petition.
GRIM
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

DBS wrote:everyone should leave avenged sevenfold a message on their myspace. i have.
Yeh I got my mate to do the same. I put one on every so often :lol: :tup:
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

I can't bring myself to add them as a friend. Cancerous Womb though :lol:
GRIM
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

:D
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

New band added... Mustasch

:|
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

Yeah i saw that. Another swedish rock band. Meh, i watched that video. Another drinking band i guess.
GRIM
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

Fuck sake Wacken, get some better bands on the bil :x
Once more unto the breech dear friends, for England,Harry and St George!
I'M A FUCKING FAGGOT! NICE COCK DUDE!
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

Plausible for testament to be confirmed?

IF so that would be :aargh: :tup:
[quote="Edna Bodine"][quote="Richard The Duke"]What do you do when you take a monster shit and you realize that there is no toilet paper in the bathroom??[/quote]

pick it up and throw it out the window[/quote]
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

Post by Lumber Jack Off »

Watw-Drums wrote:Plausible for testament to be confirmed?

IF so that would be :aargh: :tup:
not likely, they will probably be on tour with H&H, JP, and Motorhead during this time in North America.
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
The Morbid Angel Board has a new address.
come check it out.
rapidshare :no: :fu:
eurotard with tekno
I will fuck you up

Post by eurotard with tekno »

morgbite wrote:Fuck sake Wacken, get some better bands on the bil :x
>>>>>>>>>>>> http://forum.wacken.com/
have a house party with a 40watt lamp [url=http://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/shoutcast-playlist.pls?rn=411517&file=filename.pls]init[/url]
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

The organizers do need to pull at least 5 more "big" bands out of the bag though. The Castle fest in Serbia just confirmed Amon Amarth, Morbid Angel and Symphony X. SX at Wacken would rule. Cheese to the bone.

And every other festival still seems to be booking Meshuggah except Wacken :tdown:
GRIM
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

Stam1na were just confirmed. Personally dont know them
[quote="Edna Bodine"][quote="Richard The Duke"]What do you do when you take a monster shit and you realize that there is no toilet paper in the bathroom??[/quote]

morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

Fuck sake. Amon amarth put out a thing saying " 2 new festivals confirmed" I was like SWEET one of em's got to be wacken. But NO :x
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

I'm quite glad this is to be my last Wacken. It's getting too shabby.
BMFOhio
Rod Stewart

Post by BMFOhio »

Who are all of these lame-name bands that they keep confirming?? No way bloke!!!
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

I think they are stocking fillers to be honest. Since it's sold out I doubt they're trying whatsoever to get anyone decent.
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

I'm confident we'll get a few more decent bands. Fucking hope so anyway.
GRIM
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

Potential running order is up:

http://www.wacken.com/uploads/media/RUN ... R_2008.pdf

Im pleased to see that Maiden are playing on the thursday. That will be a cool way to kick stuff off. Same goes for Airbourne. Also great to see that Opeth have an evening slot this year and Gorgoroth in the 2-3 slot is fucking :aargh: Things Im not happy about is Watain at midday and Obituary clashing with At the Gates is atrocious organization if you ask me. Why put 2 death metal bands on at the same time. They must know that everyone will want to see both bands.
GRIM
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

Watain at Midday :x fucking hell. it's going to be shit. Obituary and At the gates on at the same time?! wacken kneeds to sort its shit out.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

I saw the running order about 10minutes ago before I came in and thought the exact same what's been said.

Hopefully they'll change the clash between Obituary and At The Gates, because they are 2 bands I want to see the whole sets of, not waste time between them crawling to another stage. Fuckin gay.

Watain at midday as fuckin dumb, but I can cope with it. But Grave on at 11am... fuck sake.

Also, 1 and half hours of fuckin Nightwish... :x :tdown:
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

weonlywonfiveone wrote:
Also, 1 and half hours of fuckin Nightwish... :x :tdown:

Fucking yes! :aargh:

I'll probably just watch about 3 songs and leave after i've jacked off over the singer.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Haha, yeh she is hot... but she's nowhere near as good as the previous one. She makes Nightwish sound like a fuckin Karaoke band or something.
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

Lauren Harris just confirmed.....

Now apparently word is, shes hot.

charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

Holy Moses and Mortal Sin confirmed.
GRIM
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

weonlywonfiveone wrote:Haha, yeh she is hot... but she's nowhere near as good as the previous one. She makes Nightwish sound like a fuckin Karaoke band or something.
yeah, she can't do the operatic stuff atall.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

The running order's been amended somewhat. Now At The Gates and Carcass aren't on at the same time thank FUCK.

But Obituary on the fuckin party stage? That's almost as annoyin as fuckin Immortal on the same stage last year.
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

weonlywonfiveone wrote:The running order's been amended somewhat. Now At The Gates and Carcass aren't on at the same time thank FUCK.

But Obituary on the fuckin party stage? That's almost as annoyin as fuckin Immortal on the same stage last year.
I think you mean
weonlywonfiveone wrote:"Now At The Gates and Obituary aren't on at the same time thank FUCK."
And Obituary are playing on the Party Stage the same time that Hatebreed are playing. I'm fine with this. It will be like when Enslaved played the Party stage last year. It made the set more intense and they stole all of Lacuna Coil's audience.
GRIM
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

charlie wrote:
weonlywonfiveone wrote:The running order's been amended somewhat. Now At The Gates and Carcass aren't on at the same time thank FUCK.

I think you mean
weonlywonfiveone wrote:"Now At The Gates and Obituary aren't on at the same time thank FUCK."
And Obituary are playing on the Party Stage the same time that Hatebreed are playing. I'm fine with this. It will be like when Enslaved played the Party stage last year. It made the set more intense and they stole all of Lacuna Coil's audience.
? I dunno what you changed there but yeh, I meant Enslaved haha.
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

weonlywonfiveone wrote:
charlie wrote:

I think you mean
It's alright to mix it up when talking but when you're typing hahaha :tup:

BMFOhio
Rod Stewart

Post by BMFOhio »

They need to switch Watain and Lordi :tup:
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]
Luckily I am Frodo and I win.[/quote]
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Watw-Drums wrote:
weonlywonfiveone wrote:
charlie wrote:

I think you mean
It's alright to mix it up when talking but when you're typing hahaha :tup:
:lol: I know, I think I was even listening to Enslaved at the time.