Wacken 2008

Have some tour dates? Got a concert review? Its all in here....
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

UnionJackMetal wrote:There is always Bloodstock and Download.
Shut up
[quote="Edna Bodine"][quote="Richard The Duke"]What do you do when you take a monster shit and you realize that there is no toilet paper in the bathroom??[/quote]

pick it up and throw it out the window[/quote]
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

Apparently they are booking 80 bands this year. Sure are taking there time about confirming them.

I was thinking about an online petition for Meshuggah to play also. I cant be arsed/dont know how to set one up. So i'll leave it up to you guys :tup:
GRIM
BMFOhio
Rod Stewart

Post by BMFOhio »

With tickets already sold out, why would they even bother continuing to book bands? "To put on the best show possible" just doesn't seem like a logical answer through the eyes of a businessman.
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

BMFOhio wrote:With tickets already sold out, why would they even bother continuing to book bands? "To put on the best show possible" just doesn't seem like a logical answer through the eyes of a businessman.
I don't get it... are you complaining of the possibility of more live music. Or don't you believe that up to 80 bands will be confirmed?
GRIM
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

I don't give a fuck, I got my ticket today, hail Satan, hail Watain, hail fuckloads of beer :tup:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I am the fucking anti-christ and you will bow down to me.
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

threak wrote:Apparently they are booking 80 bands this year. Sure are taking there time about confirming them.

I was thinking about an online petition for Meshuggah to play also. I cant be arsed/dont know how to set one up. So i'll leave it up to you guys :tup:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/wackuggah/
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I am the fucking anti-christ and you will bow down to me.
BMFOhio
Rod Stewart

Post by BMFOhio »

Bren wrote:I don't give a fuck, I got my ticket today, hail Satan, hail Watain, hail fuckloads of beer :tup:
:aargh:
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

i've promised myself this will be the drunkest week of my life! you lot better help me out :aargh:
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

DBS wrote:i've promised myself this will be the drunkest week of my life! you lot better help me out :aargh:
yeah we'll look after you :lol:
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

BMFOhio wrote:With tickets already sold out, why would they even bother continuing to book bands? "To put on the best show possible" just doesn't seem like a logical answer through the eyes of a businessman.
they may want to establish a reputation for the festival which means people will continue to make the trip.

bren - we'll drink 10 warsteiner an hour for the entire festival!!!!
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

sign the petition or I will cancel Wacken :x
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

Bren wrote:sign the petition or I will cancel Wacken :x
done.
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

Bren wrote:wackuggah

:lll: :lll: Thats my catch-phrase for the whole week :lol:
GRIM
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

DBS wrote:
they may want to establish a reputation for the festival which means people will continue to make the trip.

bren - we'll drink 10 warsteiner an hour for the entire festival!!!!
Its also because fortunately for us they are a by the fans for the fans festival. If i wanted to take it up the ass for my money i would go and get ripped off at download.
GRIM
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

DBS wrote:
Bren wrote:sign the petition or I will cancel Wacken :x
done.
Also, twice
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

It needs more exposure :x
GRIM
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

Airbourne confirmed.
GRIM
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Even though I don't know who that is, it's still good news because it means they are still booking bands even though the festival has sold out :tup:
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

weonlywonfiveone wrote:Even though I don't know who that is, it's still good news because it means they are still booking bands even though the festival has sold out :tup:
Airborne are good fun dude. They couldn't have ripped off AC/DC more if they tried. Good drinking music :tup:

They wouldn't stop booking bands just because its sold out either. They will book up to 80 bands this year.
GRIM
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

charlie wrote:
weonlywonfiveone wrote:Even though I don't know who that is, it's still good news because it means they are still booking bands even though the festival has sold out :tup:
Airborne are good fun dude. They couldn't have ripped off AC/DC more if they tried. Good drinking music :tup:

They wouldn't stop booking bands just because its sold out either. They will book up to 80 bands this year.
Yeh, I just caught wind of the rumour about leaving the line as it was. So I wasn't going to hold my breath until another band were confirmed post-sellout.

And I don't like AC/DC very much... but I like anything when I am fucking melted.
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

weonlywonfiveone wrote:
charlie wrote:

Yeh, I just caught wind of the rumour about leaving the line as it was. So I wasn't going to hold my breath until another band were confirmed post-sellout.

And I don't like AC/DC very much... but I like anything when I am fucking melted.
Good times
[quote="Edna Bodine"][quote="Richard The Duke"]What do you do when you take a monster shit and you realize that there is no toilet paper in the bathroom??[/quote]

pick it up and throw it out the window[/quote]
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Avenged Sevenfold have just been announced. God damn :x Did they not get the message last time when everyone voted fucking BFMV off the bill?

:tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

This is gay news. I'm going to make sure Im not in the main arena when they play. Boycott at all costs.
GRIM
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Yeh, just means more time in the beer tent! Or it allows us to go see a good band that are on at the same time.
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

weonlywonfiveone wrote:Yeh, just means more time in the beer tent! Or it allows us to go see a good band that are on at the same time.
Exactly. Lacuna Coil got owned by Enslaved's audience on the WET stage last year while they played the True/Black stage. Something similar could happen i guess. Otherwise i see a hell of a lot of piss heading their way.
GRIM
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

charlie wrote:
weonlywonfiveone wrote:Yeh, just means more time in the beer tent! Or it allows us to go see a good band that are on at the same time.
Exactly. Lacuna Coil got owned by Enslaved's audience on the WET stage last year while they played the True/Black stage. Something similar could happen i guess. Otherwise i see a hell of a lot of piss heading their way.
Haha, fortunatly I reckon there wont be any rock/piss thrown as most metal heads can't be assed with things like that as they'll just go get drunk, go eat something, go fuck something or even go watch another band.

It's just fucking annoying that they put them on there instead of a potential better band like the chuckle brothers.
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

I doubt there will be a good response to them regardless. Avenged Sevenfold bring the wrong type of audience to the fest. I love Wacken for the fact that it still has actual metalheads attending it. I only saw one idiot with an emo hair cut last year as i was queuing up for the showers. He came walking out to a group of people calling him a faggot and lots of other german expletives.
GRIM
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

charlie wrote:I doubt there will be a good response to them regardless. Avenged Sevenfold bring the wrong type of audience to the fest. I love Wacken for the fact that it still has actual metalheads attending it. I only saw one idiot with an emo hair cut last year as i was queuing up for the showers. He came walking out to a group of people calling him a faggot and lots of other german expletives.
:lol: Wacken does hold it's true colours nicely. But since this pish has been booked since it sold out then perhaps the decent metal line up prior to this was enough to deter most emo fagsacks.
FBS
Slack Cunt

Post by FBS »

My only beef with them booking new bands after it's sold out would be if I decided not to go because there were only 5 bands I wanted to see playing (and think of the cost for me from buttfuck town) but then all the sudden something awesome was announced where cost wouldn't matter, then I'd be pissed if I couldn't get a ticket.

Threak I preferred your old name better!

Also if you guys just chipped in a few bucks each I could go! How about it, for the nicest PBB girl? :D

Could someone tell me the odds of these bands ever playing any festival together, or if something could even come close: My Dying Bride, Anathema, Primordial, Satyricon, Enslaved, Code, Agalloch, Testament, Immortal, Opeth, Moonsorrow, Khold, Borknagar (do they still even play?).. Also Bren I know you've seen everyone :fu:

Honestly if just three of those bands played the one festival together I'd be there in a heartbeat.
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

WACK wCK WACK
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

FBS wrote:
Could someone tell me the odds of these bands ever playing any festival together, or if something could even come close: My Dying Bride, Anathema, Primordial, Satyricon, Enslaved, Code, Agalloch, Testament, Immortal, Opeth, Moonsorrow, Khold, Borknagar
Enslaved and Immortal played Wacken last year. And Opeth the year before and this year.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

at least avenged sevenfold were booked after they sold out. nobody bought tickets to go see them specifically, so the likelihood of there being a legion of pathetic emo faggots weeping around the festival site is slim.

when they play, it will be a good opportunity for me to drink copious amounts of liquor and take drugs like it's 19999!
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

Dang straight. Although I have noticed that there is a severe lack of drugs at Wacken in comparison to UK festivals.
GRIM
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

charlie wrote:Dang straight. Although I have noticed that there is a severe lack of drugs at Wacken in comparison to UK festivals.
You're right, but the security at Wacken carry machine guns and are 6ft 5 by 6ft 5 and have veins that make eyes. When they speak they never say it twice.
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

Ha! Petition against Avenged Sevenfold already.

http://www.petitiononline.com/wacken08/petition.html
GRIM
Bert
Lynch Mob

Post by Bert »

FBS wrote:My only beef with them booking new bands after it's sold out would be if I decided not to go because there were only 5 bands I wanted to see playing (and think of the cost for me from buttfuck town) but then all the sudden something awesome was announced where cost wouldn't matter, then I'd be pissed if I couldn't get a ticket.

Also if you guys just chipped in a few bucks each I could go! How about it, for the nicest PBB girl? :D

Could someone tell me the odds of these bands ever playing any festival together, or if something could even come close: My Dying Bride, Anathema, Primordial, Satyricon, Enslaved, Code, Agalloch, Testament, Immortal, Opeth, Moonsorrow, Khold, Borknagar (do they still even play?).. Also Bren I know you've seen everyone :fu:

Honestly if just three of those bands played the one festival together I'd be there in a heartbeat.
My Dying Bride, Primordial, Testament, Immortal and Opeth are on the Graspop bill. See you in a heartbeat :|):

Post by Guest »

charlie wrote:Ha! Petition against Avenged Sevenfold already.

http://www.petitiononline.com/wacken08/petition.html
That's a cool website. Petitioning is fun. :tup:
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Signed it :tup:
FBS
Slack Cunt

Post by FBS »

Bert wrote:
FBS wrote:My only beef with them booking new bands after it's sold out would be if I decided not to go because there were only 5 bands I wanted to see playing (and think of the cost for me from buttfuck town) but then all the sudden something awesome was announced where cost wouldn't matter, then I'd be pissed if I couldn't get a ticket.

My Dying Bride, Primordial, Testament, Immortal and Opeth are on the Graspop bill. See you in a heartbeat :|):
Woah.. this year? When exactly? I don't think it'd be possible this year due to work and finances, fuck. I've been thinking about shit all day today: my career, my lifestyle, should I study, when am I going to travel, where will I work o/s, where will I go exactly, mortgage.. I am definitely going to pack up and go travelling at some point but there's so much to tie up here before I do that, and shit I need money! Shit I would LOVE to go to that. Maybe I could just take out a loan and go over for a month? Hmm :lol:
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Excuses excuses