Somebody with good ears tab this short riff for me

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Maelstrom
Bukkake Master

Somebody with good ears tab this short riff for me

Post by Maelstrom »

Drum riff, that is.

The only thing I need is the pattern, so suppose this guy uses three toms: tom1, tom2 and tom3 and a bass drum. I'd like it to look like this

bass bass tom1 tom2 tom1 tom3 bass etc. (example)

Leave the rest to me, as I'm trying to program this song using FL Studio and ezdrummer :aargh:

Niggas please :aargh: :aargh:

Only 421kB!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/w9n56g
Kevin James derp de derp. Derp de derpity derpee derp. Until one day aderp aderp aderp. Derp de derp, ta teetley tum. From the creators of Der, and Tum Ta Tittaly Tum Ta Too, Kevin James is Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb. Rated PG-13.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

I might get back to you. I'm on my laptop enjoying a margarita out on the porch at the moment.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Then once that's been done, someone tab Battle Stations by Winger for me on guitar :tup:
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Wow, the mix on that is so reverb heavy it's hard to make it out. That's probably what makes it sound so busy.

I'll sketch it out for you in 4/4 at 85 bpm (which is roughly how it would come out in this fashion) using 16th notes. Because that's way easier than trying to put it in sheet music terms in text form (which you may or may not even be familiar with). I'm also assuming you plan on programming this beat into a drum machine or sequencer, so working it in 4/4 makes it way easier and that way it's looping every bar. So, thinking of 16 divisions of the bar, the beat would go like this:

The accents (which would be the snare hits which sound like the an alternating high-tom/low-tom unison strike is going on (snare/high tom on the first accent and snare/low tom on the second accept back forth) would land on subdivisions 1, 4, 7, 10, and 13 with an accent landing theoretically on subdivision 16 (but doesn't because of the tom roll at the end). The kick would therefore land on subdivisions 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, and 12.

Therefore with 16 even subdivisions it would go Snare/tom, Kick, Kick, Snare/tom, REST, Kick, Snare/tom, Kick, Kick, Snare/tom, REST, Kick, TOM ROLL OVER FOUR SUBDIVISIONS. After that it just repeats.

Does that help any?
Last edited by Pfl?yd on Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Actually, upon closer listen, it sounds like it's just slightly longer than that. I don't have time to futz with it more right now, but that might put you a lot closer to notating it out.
Maelstrom
Bukkake Master

Post by Maelstrom »

Pfl?yd wrote:Wow, the mix on that is so reverb heavy it's hard to make it out. That's probably what makes it sound so busy.

I'll sketch it out for you in 4/4 at 85 bpm (which is roughly how it would come out in this fashion) using 16th notes. Because that's way easier than trying to put it in sheet music terms in text form (which you may or may not even be familiar with). I'm also assuming you plan on programming this beat into a drum machine or sequencer, so working it in 4/4 makes it way easier and that way it's looping every bar. So, thinking of 16 divisions of the bar, the beat would go like this:

The accents (which would be the snare hits which sound like the an alternating high-tom/low-tom unison strike is going on (snare/high tom on the first accent and snare/low tom on the second accept back forth) would land on subdivisions 1, 4, 7, 10, and 13 with an accent landing theoretically on subdivision 16 (but doesn't because of the tom roll at the end). The kick would therefore land on subdivisions 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, and 12.

Therefore with 16 even subdivisions it would go Snare/tom, Kick, Kick, Snare/tom, REST, Kick, Snare/tom, Kick, Kick, Snare/tom, REST, Kick, TOM ROLL OVER FOUR SUBDIVISIONS. After that it just repeats.

Does that help any?
Holy shit :lol: That album sounds awesome but yeah, it's hard to distinguish the drums in some of the songs. Maybe I'll post the whole song later (not that anyone will appreciate my effort).
Kevin James derp de derp. Derp de derpity derpee derp. Until one day aderp aderp aderp. Derp de derp, ta teetley tum. From the creators of Der, and Tum Ta Tittaly Tum Ta Too, Kevin James is Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb. Rated PG-13.