BBE sonic maximiser

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Hero-Of-The-Day
Far Beyond Driven

BBE sonic maximiser

Post by Hero-Of-The-Day »

what the fuck are they and if you have one are they worth it?
UNGODLIKE
Lynch Mob

Post by UNGODLIKE »

i have no idea because i've never seen one myself, but my guess would be that it's some type of noise gate...
satan sux my dick
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

I just bought one yesterday in a DI box form.

It's definitely not a noise gate. It's hard to explain. I was a bit ambivalent about getting one because they are so hyped that I tend to be leery of "magic boxes" like these that never live up to the expectations.

It pretty much just unclutters the tone, especially in the mids, and makes everything sound more "open" and "clear". You have to be conservative with the effect otherwise it sounds ridiculous (of course, a lot of you metal guys might actually like that) and you have to be really careful with it on bass or it's all "ping". It gives a great pickstyle tone for the bass so, again, pretty ideal for metal styles.

I like it, it records beautifully on bass and makes my seven-string guitar "pop" a lot more. No more mud.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Kellan
Lynch Mob

Post by Kellan »

You might want to read the thread I made about it about halfway down the page.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Kellan wrote:You might want to read the thread I made about it about halfway down the page.
Sounds like we have similar experiences. :tup: :tup:
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Kellan
Lynch Mob

Post by Kellan »

Oh I was referring to the tard that posted this thread but :tup: :tup:
UNGODLIKE
Lynch Mob

Post by UNGODLIKE »

so y'all make an excellent advertisment for the product as to what it does, but don't really tell us what it its... so what the fuck does BBE stand for? and what does the "sonic maximizer" sonically optimize? presence? contour? level? depth? overall EQ?<----------------- all this shit mentioned?
satan sux my dick
Kellan
Lynch Mob

Post by Kellan »

you're a fucking retard. in my thread about it, I posted/quoted an excerpt from their site explaining EXACTLY what it does. what it is, is what it does. what it is, is a doer of things it does.
make better sense to you? jesus fucking christ you're stupid.
UNGODLIKE
Lynch Mob

Post by UNGODLIKE »

no, i'm just illiterate of the multitude of tasks it could perform being what it is....
satan sux my dick
UNGODLIKE
Lynch Mob

Post by UNGODLIKE »

UNGODLIKE wrote:so what the fuck does BBE stand for? and what does the "sonic maximizer" sonically optimize?
satan sux my dick
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

In my experience it basically made the sound more full and ballzy. Nothing too dramatic, but I liked it.
Get killed.
goshuaspenis
Hail Dimebag

Post by goshuaspenis »

the stompbox or the rack
[quote="Psycho Gangster"]Best username: Goshuaspenis[/quote]
Trendkill14
Creampuff

Post by Trendkill14 »

They are amazing, buy it.
Better?
UNGODLIKE
Lynch Mob

Post by UNGODLIKE »

guess i'll have to check one out as soon as i figure out what the fuck BBE means :zzz:
satan sux my dick
-Will-
I will fuck you up

Post by -Will- »

UNGODLIKE wrote:guess i'll have to check one out as soon as i figure out what the fuck BBE means :zzz:
It's the name of the company you fucking moron.
[quote="Garlic"]I really do enhance meals.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]People have said I look like Stewart Stevenson on Beavis and Butthead[/quote]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHD4bcZWZdc
zontox
Creampuff

Post by zontox »

Get the vst plugin if you are recording.
-----------------------------------------------
~ ONE MAN METAL ARMY ~
http://www.zontox.com
http://www.myspace.com/zontox
-----------------------------------------------
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

Post by Lord of This World »

i only have one pedal because my Vox is a modeling amp but i might check this out :tup:
stoic wrote:good news...everyone took that at face value and immediately stopped thinking you're a scared dork fuck.
thornlord
Cowboy From Hell

Post by thornlord »

They suck. Here is the idea:

Bass frequencies move slower through air than treble frequencies....The BBE is SUPPOSED to process the signal in such a way that all frequency(s) hit center cone at the same time.

I had the 462 for about a month, it just scooped the mids horribly, and sounded like a steamy pile of crap.
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

Post by Lord of This World »

thornlord wrote:They suck. Here is the idea:

Bass frequencies move slower through air than treble frequencies....The BBE is SUPPOSED to process the signal in such a way that all frequency(s) hit center cone at the same time.

I had the 462 for about a month, it just scooped the mids horribly, and sounded like a steamy pile of crap.
are you sure there wasn't an issue of operator error?
stoic wrote:good news...everyone took that at face value and immediately stopped thinking you're a scared dork fuck.
Kellan
Lynch Mob

Post by Kellan »

Lord of This World wrote:
thornlord wrote:They suck. Here is the idea:

are you sure there wasn't an issue of operator error?
It was, being that this dude doesn't know what he's talking about.
It adjusts the frequencies in such a way that the peaks and valleys of sound waves throughout the frequency range reach your ear simultaneously, and it works. Last time I checked, treble and bass frequencies both travel at the speed of sound, or 340.29meters/second. Treble frequencies are very directional and bass frequencies are omni-directional. I don't even know what he's trying to get at with the term "center cone." I'm assuming he means the dustcap on a speaker, in which case, "all frequencies reaching center cone at the same time" makes zero sense. The speaker creates sound, displaces air, and thus creates different frequencies of sound. The signal that is reaching the speaker from the amp is alternating current, and thus is traveling at about 2/3 the speed of light (from the amp to the voice coil). The maximizer rectifies problems with sound wave frequency differences in time and space after it's been emitted from the speaker. Sound wave frequencies don't exist prior to the speaker displacing any air.