Wacken 2008

Have some tour dates? Got a concert review? Its all in here....
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

threak wrote:
weonlywonfiveone wrote:Unearth announced, not bad.

But also, job for a fuckin queerboy :x :tdown: :tdown:
Yeah i just read this. I actually think Unearth are pretty good for what they do. I wouldn't buy one of they're albums or anything but live they should be good.

Job For a Cowboy can fuck off.

It's still weird though. In 2004 neither of these bands would have even been considered for Wacken.
It's just down to Wacken becoming more apart of the mainstream's vocab. Most people know about it by now, and a hell of a lot of people go now too. So, with the masses comes the "big name" bands. This year will prob. be my last Wacken I think.

And yeh, Hellfest looks great - I do wish Meshuggah will announce playing wacken. I'm checking the wacken site every fucking day just to see those words come up!
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

I think i'll always choose wacken for my summer festival, just because the atmosphere is so fucking great.
Once more unto the breech dear friends, for England,Harry and St George!
I'M A FUCKING FAGGOT! NICE COCK DUDE!
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

It is great, but I've been doin it for 5 years now and haven't had the chance to sample any other European festivals because of it. Mainly due to the fact I can't afford more than one Euro-trip a year :(
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

Would be really cool for Meshuggah to play to be fair, but i'm loving the line-up at the moment. Dont mind unearth personally...
[quote="Edna Bodine"][quote="Richard The Duke"]What do you do when you take a monster shit and you realize that there is no toilet paper in the bathroom??[/quote]

pick it up and throw it out the window[/quote]
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

weonlywonfiveone wrote:It is great, but I've been doin it for 5 years now and haven't had the chance to sample any other European festivals because of it. Mainly due to the fact I can't afford more than one Euro-trip a year :(
I went to Furyfest (Now hellfest) in 2005. it was alright. loads of cool bands, but not much atmosphere, and poorley organised to say the least.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

unearth :aargh: :aargh: :aargh:
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

morgbite wrote:
weonlywonfiveone wrote:It is great, but I've been doin it for 5 years now and haven't had the chance to sample any other European festivals because of it. Mainly due to the fact I can't afford more than one Euro-trip a year :(
I went to Furyfest (Now hellfest) in 2005. it was alright. loads of cool bands, but not much atmosphere, and poorley organised to say the least.
I'm thinking of maybe checking it out this year if my funds permit me. I'll have my van by then, but driving from here to Nantes is over 900miles, and that's a fair bit of cash on diesel for a van + the channel tunnel cost :tdown:
trendkiller
Lynch Mob

Post by trendkiller »

morgbite wrote:
Its french, what did you expect. Even german festivals run with ruthless efficiency
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

trendkiller wrote:
morgbite wrote:
Its french, what did you expect. Even german festivals run with ruthless efficiency
It wouldn't have been that badly organized if the weather wasn't so unpredictable. They had to move the whole festival inside because it was forecast for monsoon style rain. Turned out the storm happened about 2 days early. It was a fucking immense storm too. We had to pull off the dual carriage way because there was too much water hitting the windscreen and making it near impossible to drive. We stopped at a massive supermarket and as soon as we got out of the car to make a run for shelter we were soaked through. The thunder and lighting ruled :tup:
GRIM
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

They have just announced a one day open air also. I want to goto this too :x
Dear Metalheads,

to make the long time till the next W:O:A a little bit shorter we got a real special suprise for you: Wacken rocks Seaside

Because of a massive count of requests we have decided to make a big warm up party!

On Saturday the 5th of July 2008 the first "Wacken rocks Seaside" Festival in the Open Air Area in Aurich (Emsland/Ostfriesland) will begin.

We are proud to announce live appearances of acts like Motörhead, Saxon, Machine Head and of the north german rock legend Torfrock.

Date: Saturday, 05th of July 2008
Place: Aurich / Open Air Gelände Tannenhausen
Time: beginning: 04.00 PM (Doors Open: 03.00 PM)

Further Infos and Bands will be announced in the next few weeks
GRIM
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

What's speed limit in France for motorways? Is it 80mph?
°
Lynch Mob

Post by ° »

Yes.
Maelstrom wrote:I wish I could forget most of my life :tup:
°
Lynch Mob

Post by ° »

Yes.
Maelstrom wrote:I wish I could forget most of my life :tup:
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

Negura Bunget and Alestorm have been confirmed for wacken.

Alestorm www.myspace.com/alestorm :tup: :lol: :lol:
I'm gonna go see these guys in march. It has to be a funny show.
GRIM
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

threak wrote:Negura Bunget and Alestorm have been confirmed for wacken.

Alestorm www.myspace.com/alestorm :tup: :lol: :lol:
I'm gonna go see these guys in march. It has to be a funny show.
:lol: Yeh good to see a Scottish band getting to wacken, putting us on the proverbial map - Although perhaps for the wrong reasons!
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

Booked everything yesterday. It's a complete definite.
[quote="Edna Bodine"][quote="Richard The Duke"]What do you do when you take a monster shit and you realize that there is no toilet paper in the bathroom??[/quote]

charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

Watw-Drums wrote:Booked everything yesterday. It's a complete definite.
Were getting our shit together this week too. Got to get the ticket and book the ferry.
GRIM
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

Myself and DBS went with argon travel, going from cardiff to the festival and back. It's going to be amazing :aargh:

eurotard with tekno
I will fuck you up

Post by eurotard with tekno »

whyd you have to book the ferry
have a house party with a 40watt lamp [url=http://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/shoutcast-playlist.pls?rn=411517&file=filename.pls]init[/url]
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

eurotard with tekno wrote:whyd you have to book the ferry
Because theres a shit load of water between us and mainland europe

charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

Watw-Drums wrote:
Fuck!!1111 :shock: :x :no:
GRIM
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

threak wrote:
Watw-Drums wrote:Booked everything yesterday. It's a complete definite.
Were getting our shit together this week too. Got to get the ticket and book the ferry.
its going to be a LONG journey there and back on the bus for us. much alcohol will be drunk to pass the time. i can't wait for this :aargh:
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

threak wrote:
Watw-Drums wrote:
Fuck!!1111 :shock: :x :no:
Same reaction I had when I arrived at dover

Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

Post by Lumber Jack Off »

Progressive Metallers CYNIC 'Officially' Confirmed For Germany's WACKEN OPEN AIR Festival - Mar. 3, 2008

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=92092

Reunited progressive metallers CYNIC, whose 1993 album "Focus" is regarded as a landmark release in the field of technical/progressive metal, have been "officially" confirmed for this year's installment of the Wacken Open Air festival, set to take place July 31 - August 2, 2008 in Wacken, Germany. (The Wacken Open Air organizers had previously booked the reactivated NWOBHM [New Wave of British Heavy Metal] outfit CYNIC by mistake.)

Wacken Open Air festival billing is shaping up as follows:

3 INCHES OF BLOOD
ALESTORM
AS I LAY DYING
AT THE GATES
AUTUMN
AVANTASIA
AXEL RUDI PELL
AXXIS
BEFORE THE DAWN
CARCASS
CHILDREN OF BODOM
CORVUS CORAX
CREMATORY
CYNIC
DESTRUCTOR
DREAM OF AN OPIUM EATER
ENEMY OF THE SUN
ENSIFERUM
EVOCATION
EXCREMENTORY GRINDFUCKERS
EXODUS
GIRUGÄMESH
GOREROTTED
GORGOROTH
GRAVE
HATEBREED
HEADHUNTER
IRON MAIDEN
JOB FOR A COWBOY
KAMELOT
KILLSWITCH ENGAGE
KREATOR
KRYPTERIA
LEAVES' EYES
LORD BELIAL
LORDI
MACHINE MEN
MERCENARY
NEGURA BUNGET
NIFELHEIM
NIGHTWISH
OBITUARY
OPETH
POWERWOLF
PRIMORDIAL
PSYCHOPUNCH
SABATON
SALTATIO MORTIS
SOILWORK
SONATA ARCTICA
STURM UND DRANG
THE BONES
TORTURE SQUAD
UNEARTH
VAN CANTO
WARBRINGER
WATAIN

CYNIC will soon enter the studio to record the follow-up to its 1993's genre-shattering "Focus" debut.
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
The Morbid Angel Board has a new address.
come check it out.
rapidshare :no: :fu:
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

:aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh:
GRIM
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

Watw-Drums wrote:Myself and DBS went with argon travel, going from cardiff to the festival and back. It's going to be amazing :aargh:
How did you arrange that? Does a coach take you there and back? What's the price?
down ass chic wrote:takes one to noone SLUT!
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

Lumber Jack Off wrote: CYNIC will soon enter the studio to record the follow-up to its 1993's genre-shattering "Focus" debut.
Lazy fucks. :x
down ass chic wrote:takes one to noone SLUT!
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

<THe_FeAR> wrote:
Watw-Drums wrote:Myself and DBS went with argon travel, going from cardiff to the festival and back. It's going to be amazing :aargh:
How did you arrange that? Does a coach take you there and back? What's the price?
I would talk to DBS, he organised everything. Get on to him

DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

Watw-Drums wrote:
<THe_FeAR> wrote:
I would talk to DBS, he organised everything. Get on to him
don't pass the buck, faggot.

we booked online through argon travel. we were contemplating driving down, getting a ferry over etc. but it just seemed like too much of an effort coupled with the risk of breaking down and actually finding the place. this is the actual package we booked - http://www.argon-direct.com/affiliates/ ... itemcode=6

it came to about £270 each. that includes camping tickets for 4 nights (wed-sun) and travel back and forth. although it may have worked out slightly cheaper had we done things seperately, the hassle wasn't worth it.

the bus picks you up from anywhere in the uk. if you're in london you won't have to pay anything extra, but we had to pay an extra £20 each to get picked up from cardiff.
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

You guys could have followed us if you were unsure about the route and all that. We have driven every year since 04. It enables you to have a much more relaxed trip because your doing everything on your own time.

But fuck it anyway. Wacken ftw.
GRIM
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

threak wrote:You guys could have followed us if you were unsure about the route and all that. We have driven every year since 04. It enables you to have a much more relaxed trip because your doing everything on your own time.

how much does it cost approximately to drive back and forth to wacken? i'm just wondering if we got a decent deal.
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

DBS wrote:
threak wrote:You guys could have followed us if you were unsure about the route and all that. We have driven every year since 04. It enables you to have a much more relaxed trip because your doing everything on your own time.

how much does it cost approximately to drive back and forth to wacken? i'm just wondering if we got a decent deal.
Well i would say that doing it yourself might not have been cheaper. But you would probably have more satisfaction being able to travel in your own car. Plus it adds extra security at the festival seems that you camp with your car.

We are getting the ferry for about £45 each. But that price is based on 5 in a car on a 10 day trip. If there is 2 of you in a car based on around an 8 day trip i would say that you would pay about £100 each for the ferry ticket. So the more in the car the cheaper it is. Then you have to take in to account fuel. And then hotels and all that.

Basically, my trip this year will cost me about £250 to book. And that's taking in to account the Wacken ticket, ferry, 2 hotels, a campsite in Amsterdam and fuel. So its pretty cheap considering. Than just add spending money on top.
GRIM
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

yeah i think it equates to about the same. i'm happy with the coach trip cos i'm almost positive me and watwdrums would get lost / break down if we went on our own. what day are you getting there? we arrive on the wednesday which is pretty cool.
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

DBS wrote:yeah i think it equates to about the same. i'm happy with the coach trip cos i'm almost positive me and watwdrums would get lost / break down if we went on our own. what day are you getting there? we arrive on the wednesday which is pretty cool.
We'll be in Amsterdam by sunday (the 27th) afternoon and will travel to Hamburg on the monday. We'll spend a day and a night in Hamburg then drive to Itzehoe on the tuesday which is just outside Wacken. Then the fest from wed-sat. One more night in Hamburg for the aftershow party at the Headbangers Ballroom on the sunday. Then one more night in Amsterdam on the monday and come back tuesday afternoon on the ferry.
GRIM
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

It's all about the Headbangers ballroom :aargh:

I'll try NOT to piss n a hot girls drink this time. or pass out on the bar.
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

morgbite wrote:It's all about the Headbangers ballroom :aargh:

I'll try NOT to piss n a hot girls drink this time. or pass out on the bar.
That sounds like you're giving up on life maaaan!

charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

GRIM
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

Holy Shit!

60,000 Tickets Sold For This Year's WACKEN OPEN AIR Festival - Mar. 4, 2008
According to the Wacken Open Air festival organizers, 60,000 tickets have already been sold for this year's event, which is scheduled to take place July 31 - August 2, 2008 in Wacken, Germany. The organizers write in a press release, "We think that [we'll be] sold out latest at the end of March/beginning of April! Those who haven't already bought their tickets should act promptly. We will definitely not sell any tickets at the festival. Also one-day tickets will not be offered. Furthermore we'd like to warn you [not] to buy your tickets at eBay or any other high-priced online ticket shops!"
GRIM
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

It'll prob be even more packed this year than last. No it WILL be. Godamn
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

Post by Lumber Jack Off »

didn't they have 65,000 show up last year?
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
The Morbid Angel Board has a new address.
come check it out.
rapidshare :no: :fu: