floyd roses suck massive fucking dick

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

The thing is I really love the way that single coil pickup in the tele sounds through my 5150, it's articulate and clear but really raw and fat at the same time. I just don't want that ear piercing squeal with it.
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

only original floyd rose.. :tup:
i like the way the feel...although i don't do any trem shit...so i had it blocked..so it doesn't fuck with shit when i bend notes.
UNGODLIKE
Lynch Mob

Post by UNGODLIKE »

i've never had a locking bridge trem system, but i'm thinking of getting one. i don't need the bar getting in way, i just palm the motherfucker down. i would imagine that the biggest disadvantage of having one is that if u ain't got a back-up guitar when a string snaps, your show set is fuckt.
satan sux my dick
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

UNGODLIKE wrote:i've never had a locking bridge trem system, but i'm thinking of getting one. i don't need the bar getting in way, i just palm the motherfucker down. i would imagine that the biggest disadvantage of having one is that if u ain't got a back-up guitar when a string snaps, your show set is fuckt.
Very true, which is why it's important to bring a backup axe! :D
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
triple5
Far Beyond Driven

Post by triple5 »

bout 5 minutes is all it takes to throw different keyed tunings on mine. i friggin love the locks, you can do all kinds of goofy shit and not have to do massive tuning crap every little bit.
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

BassPhemy wrote:They're cool if you want to wank or do a dive bomb or whatever other worthless non musical crap you have up your sleeve but you can't even tune to drop D without making a project out of it, let alone open D or DADGAD.
i installed a tremsetter on mine. i can go from standard to drop D no problem :tup:
panterasupporter
Creampuff

Post by panterasupporter »

does any one know what gauge strings dime used.
hey hey hey smoke weed everyday. . . and eat pussy
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

iv been playing my rg like mad lately and iv been gettin to hardcore with the whammy that i keep breaking strings
panterasupporter
Creampuff

Post by panterasupporter »

what are you cunts on about do you think dime would be almost as famous as he was if there wasnt such thing as a floyd just buy a permanant guitar tech to stand in the corner of your room. he can attack robbers too with his wang :D :D :D
hey hey hey smoke weed everyday. . . and eat pussy
gay_hayride
I will fuck you up

Re: floyd roses suck massive fucking dick

Post by gay_hayride »

hektik wrote:i decided today i wanted to tune down to standard D. well, after an hour of tuning, re tuning, de tuning, foaming at the mouth in anger, and damn near pissing myself, i decided to slam my guitar on the ground and fuck with it later.

help me adjust my floyd rose, it's on an old piece of shit BC rich warlock, probably a bronze series, or something worse than that. I just wanna go back to E because i can't be arsed to fuck with anything else now
i fucking hate em too...ive never had one on any of my shit..those things are a godamn hassel
A MAN WHO FUCKS ANOTHER MAN, IS NOT A MAN AT ALL
ssh
Get Fat

Post by ssh »

gay_hayride wrote:
hektik wrote:i decided today i wanted to tune down to standard D. well, after an hour of tuning, re tuning, de tuning, foaming at the mouth in anger, and damn near pissing myself, i decided to slam my guitar on the ground and fuck with it later.

help me adjust my floyd rose, it's on an old piece of shit BC rich warlock, probably a bronze series, or something worse than that. I just wanna go back to E because i can't be arsed to fuck with anything else now
i fucking hate em too...ive never had one on any of my shit..those things are a godamn hassel
a junkie talking to a junkie
gay_hayride
I will fuck you up

Post by gay_hayride »

ssh wrote:
gay_hayride wrote:

and what are YOU??? Theres alot worse things to be then a junkie..like being a faggot or a spook..or even a midget..your just jealous cause you dont have the BALLS to tap the vein..You probably drink bubble-gum schnapps..You dont know how to party with the big dogs..and you hold resentment to Hektik and I because your too scared to dance with the grim reaper.
UNGODLIKE
Lynch Mob

Post by UNGODLIKE »

gay_hayride wrote:
ssh wrote:
gay_hayride wrote:

and what are YOU??? Theres alot worse things to be then a junkie..like being a faggot or a spook..or even a midget..your just jealous cause you dont have the BALLS to tap the vein..You probably drink bubble-gum schnapps..You dont know how to party with the big dogs..and you hold resentment to Hektik and I because your too scared to dance with the grim reaper.
i chased the dragon before :aargh:
satan sux my dick
gay_hayride
I will fuck you up

Post by gay_hayride »

:negro:
Last edited by gay_hayride on Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

floyd roses are for MEN.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

For my next guitar i was pretty set on getting a Dean ML or V string through. BUT then i saw that the Ibanez Xiphos was very affordable. It might very well be worth the floyd rose hassle.
Once more unto the breech dear friends, for England,Harry and St George!
I'M A FUCKING FAGGOT! NICE COCK DUDE!
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Floyd Roses, are excellent when setup correctly.
ssh
Get Fat

Post by ssh »

i used to think floyd rose were relatively useless. now i know they are.
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

gay_hayride wrote:
ssh wrote:
gay_hayride wrote:

I've been clean since Rocktober son! I'm doing very well! I'm no longer a junkie, I'm passed that shit now, I'm working and bettering my life and now in a few months I can pickup some Ampeg ampflication for my bass :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh:
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
gay_hayride
I will fuck you up

Post by gay_hayride »

good hektik..me i shoot up quite a bit still...its just too godamned fun!
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

weonlywonfiveone wrote:Floyd Roses are excellent when setup correctly.
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
zontox
Creampuff

Post by zontox »

I have one, have had it set up countless time. I will be selling the peice of shit and just getting an ordinary guitar without the floyd rose. For the few things that you can do with it, it aint worth the damn hassel.
-----------------------------------------------
~ ONE MAN METAL ARMY ~
http://www.zontox.com
http://www.myspace.com/zontox
-----------------------------------------------
Trendkill14
Creampuff

Post by Trendkill14 »

you gotta get used to them

i frippin love them
Better?
TRENDKILLCFH333
n0ob

Post by TRENDKILLCFH333 »

Trendkill14 wrote:you gotta get used to them

i frippin love them
+333

They're easy as shit to use, too. Sure, they take some time, but well worth it.

Don't ever change tuning on them & expect it to take less than 2 hours - they are not ment for that. Buy another Floyd equipped (or non-Floyd) guitar if you need another tuning to quickly switch to. That's why I have 10 guitars.
Drowning in Guinness.......