Wacken 2008

Have some tour dates? Got a concert review? Its all in here....
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

morgbite wrote:
I guess im probably going to be watching Nightwish by myself.
No way man. Nightwish last time at Wacken were fucking great! But I was momentously drunk and wasn't paying much attention. But aye, I'll be there :D
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

Their new singer can't really handle the old songs. But i dont care. she is hot sauce.
Once more unto the breech dear friends, for England,Harry and St George!
I'M A FUCKING FAGGOT! NICE COCK DUDE!
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

I've not really heard her. I have, but again... I wasn't paying much attention. Aslong as she is wowoweewah!
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

weonlywonfiveone wrote:wowoweewah!
:|):
[quote="Edna Bodine"][quote="Richard The Duke"]What do you do when you take a monster shit and you realize that there is no toilet paper in the bathroom??[/quote]

pick it up and throw it out the window[/quote]
FBS
Slack Cunt

Post by FBS »

So from the lineup, how many bands do you guys really love? I'd love to see 4 of those bands, how do you guys justify the cost? I didn't even realise Primordial were playing, I guess that'd probably justify it enough for me. Primordial = better than everyone.

I'm told it's about the atmosphere as well, but wouldn't it annoy you getting crushed by fuckwads doing their hardcore thing or whatever they call it, or being heaps far from the stage? I think Wacken would piss me off a whole lot.
BMFOhio
Rod Stewart

Post by BMFOhio »

FBS wrote:So from the lineup, how many bands do you guys really love? I'd love to see 4 of those bands, how do you guys justify the cost? I didn't even realise Primordial were playing, I guess that'd probably justify it enough for me. Primordial = better than everyone.

I'm told it's about the atmosphere as well, but wouldn't it annoy you getting crushed by fuckwads doing their hardcore thing or whatever they call it, or being heaps far from the stage? I think Wacken would piss me off a whole lot.
I think you should go...stay the night in my tent (unless Jasmin is there, single, interested in me, staying in my tent instead, muahahahaha), and oh whoops. Yeah.
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

FBS wrote:So from the lineup, how many bands do you guys really love? I'd love to see 4 of those bands, how do you guys justify the cost? I didn't even realise Primordial were playing, I guess that'd probably justify it enough for me. Primordial = better than everyone.

Yes Wacken is about the atmosphere unlike alot of other festivals. And no, there is no gay hardcore dancing as it is not a hardcore festival. Thats what's so great about it. It's one of the most chilled out atmosphere's around the stages. It's not like everyone is standing there doing fuck all. But there is no instant urgency for everyone to surge to the front as soon as a band starts. You can always get a good view.
GRIM
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

BMFOhio wrote:

I think you should go...stay the night in my tent (unless Jasmin is there, single, interested in me, staying in my tent instead, muahahahaha), and oh whoops. Yeah.
Hehe, I met Jasmin a couple of Wacken's ago, she was really cool :tup:

But no, there's no assholes doin hardcore shit, I've never seen anyone doing that at Wacken in the 4 times I've been. I've been to other festivals too and none are as pleasant as Wacken.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

i really can't wait for this :aargh: me and watwdrums are getting a bus down starting on the tuesday, get to the festival by thursday, party all weekend and we'll get home the following tuesday. i'm a get me tucker max drunk.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

DBS wrote:i really can't wait for this :aargh: me and watwdrums are getting a bus down starting on the tuesday, get to the festival by thursday, party all weekend and we'll get home the following tuesday. i'm a get me tucker max drunk.
Where are you from?
GRIM
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

Men are from Mars, DBS is from Venus :tdown:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I am the fucking anti-christ and you will bow down to me.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

cymru!
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

One of the great things about large festivals (and there are many many great things) is that you'll see anything up to 100 bands over the weekend, there are lots of bands that I have seen at a festival that I wouldn't otherwise have went to see or listened to.

As for being annoyed by other people, I have never seen any kind of fight at a festival, which is pretty fucking cool considering the huge amounts of alchohol and other substances that get consumed. The sense of camaraderie at the campsite is awesome too, everyone's in the same boat, drunk as fuck and trying to sleep in an uncomfortable tent with thousands of drunken metallers everywhere. It rules, try it sometime :tup:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I am the fucking anti-christ and you will bow down to me.
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

Oh, and I saw Primordial on Saturday :)
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

Some cock splashed me and threak with piss mud at wacken 2 years ago. After a moment of disbelief, we tried to find the guy to kick his ass. But as everyone looks the same we had no idea who. Threak almost starts about 5 fights on the way back to the campsite. Then he gets shit on by a bird.
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

lolz!
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

DBS wrote:i really can't wait for this :aargh: me and watwdrums are getting a bus down starting on the tuesday, get to the festival by thursday, party all weekend and we'll get home the following tuesday. i'm a get me tucker max drunk.
:aargh:
[quote="Edna Bodine"][quote="Richard The Duke"]What do you do when you take a monster shit and you realize that there is no toilet paper in the bathroom??[/quote]

FBS
Slack Cunt

Post by FBS »

That's great that you get a decent view, I'd also have thought that you'd be so far away. BMF I'd love to go, I think I'd get along great with you. I spent all my savings on home furnishings (money I'd actually been saving to travel, for my planned 09 trekkings) so unfortunately it can't happen this year. I think Primordial will come here anyway, I actually spoke to Nemtheanga about it a few times and it'd only cost $12k to bring them, I'm sure that's per show though, but still you'd easily make that back. A lot of promotors don't break even here because the 'scene' isn't big enough. Seeing shows here is great too, I mean can any Norwegian here imagine seeing Arcturus in a room of 200 people? I think I've mentioned the Arcturus show 5 too many times already but that's one of the most amazing things I've seen. I love the intimacy of shows here. BMF, I didn't end up going but Municipal Waste played a 'venue' here that I swear has a capacity of 150, but you're flat fitting 50 people in front of the stage. That would have been fun, but not my thing. Anyway that's why festivals don't really grab me. But I'll take it from you guys that they're the best ever!

Bren you should record some Primordial! How many times have you seen them? I want to go to a festival where Primordial, My Dying Bride, Anathema, Agalloch and umm whoever else are playing. That's all I want to see really desperately. Ok last questions now, what does the cost end up coming to for you all usually? Including pretty much everything. Beer, accommodation, tickets, flights etc.

I really want to go now! :(
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

FBS wrote: Bren you should record some Primordial! How many times have you seen them? I want to go to a festival where Primordial, My Dying Bride, Anathema, Agalloch and umm whoever else are playing. That's all I want to see really desperately. Ok last questions now, what does the cost end up coming to for you all usually? Including pretty much everything. Beer, accommodation, tickets, flights etc.

I really want to go now! :(
They were actually recording the show for a DVD so you can see it soon! I've seen them loads of times, first time was an afternoon show in the Rock Garden back in 1993 or 94, happy days. I also saw them in a pub with Sigh back around 95, happy days.
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

Soilwork were just confirmed

charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

Watw-Drums wrote:Soilwork were just confirmed
I don't know what it is about Soilwork at festivals. But i have seen them in open air at least three times and they have always suffered from terrible sound. When i saw them at a small club show they sounded great. The new album sounds like Disturbed anyway so :zzz:

Meshuggah need tbc ftw.
GRIM
Bert
Lynch Mob

Post by Bert »

Goddamn I think I'm going.
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

:tup:
Bert
Lynch Mob

Post by Bert »

We're gonna wait until Graspop announce some more shit. It's gonna be Wacken or Graspop. But til now I prefer Wacken although Graspop has Judas Priest.
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

I'm going to both!
Bert
Lynch Mob

Post by Bert »

Awesome :tup:
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

Wacken will be the better one to go to.
GRIM
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

I've never really listened to soilwork. I just posted an update seeing as no one else had. Recommended listening or not?

Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

Post by Lumber Jack Off »

Watw-Drums wrote:I've never really listened to soilwork. I just posted an update seeing as no one else had. Recommended listening or not?
Steelbath Suicide, The Chainheart Machine, A Predator's Portrait are :tup: :tup: Natural Born Chaos is worth checking out as well. everything after that is kind of eh.
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
The Morbid Angel Board has a new address.
come check it out.
rapidshare :no: :fu:
BMFOhio
Rod Stewart

Post by BMFOhio »

How many more bands should we expect?
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

another 25 or 30 at least :tup:
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

morgbite wrote:Then he gets shit on by a bird.

hahaha
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

threak wrote:
Meshuggah need tbc ftw.

:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

Bren wrote:another 25 or 30 at least :tup:
There is 47 so far. Last year there was 77 in total and the festival gets a bigger line up each year. I would say at least 35 more. Fingers crossed.
GRIM
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

weonlywonfiveone wrote:
threak wrote:
Meshuggah need tbc ftw.

:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:
It would be fucking amazing if they did. Put them on the 1am to 2am slot on one of the main stages. Then if they could benefit from the incredible sound that Cannibal Corpse had last year they would be one of the best things of the weekend. The low end would sound ridiculous.
GRIM
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

That would be so fucking cool. CC sounded ace last year, so Meshuggah would def. crush to fuck. Would be the highlight of my fucking year seeing them at Wacken.
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

are tickets gonna sell out? how many tickets are sold for this?
rObsessed!
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

it will sell out, but not for a while
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

I don't really expect it to sell out untill the start of July. But with Maiden headlining, fuck knows. So im getting my ticket at the end of the month , just to be safe.

I hope Forefather play. That would rule.
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

morgbite wrote:I don't really expect it to sell out untill the start of July. But with Maiden headlining, fuck knows. So im getting my ticket at the end of the month , just to be safe.

I hope Forefather play. That would rule.
yeah, with iron maiden it will sell out much sooner. i had no idea how crazy their selling power is. blabbermouth has articles about their shows selling out in a half hour. :aargh:
rObsessed!