I can't stop this habit of

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

I can't stop this habit of

Post by CFH Eternal »

practicing till before I go to bed. I try to make it earlier but for some reason, I can't practice till around 9:00 P.M. all the way to 11 or 12. Anyone know how to break this habit?
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

play earlier
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
XY-SATAN
Far Beyond Driven

Post by XY-SATAN »

Hey man why worry if it feels comfortable at a certain time or not , it is what it is, at least you’re putting in the time. Sometimes I look at my axe and hate it ( or me ) , then 30 minutes later my head is full of things to play !

Just picking it up , playing even when you don't feel right changes in a few minutes after getting started guaranteed . Welcome to the first steps in music being a chore , not every time you play has to be at the right time and the quicker you get into playing without a FEELING and more into the real work and in the not so fun area that is important ,benefits are immense and worth it in the long run .
*101proof*
n0ob

Post by *101proof* »

the best time to play is when you dont expect to play, thats when all the good ideas come out of you, just remember to have a tape recorder to get all the shit on tape. ive lost over a dozen riffs just because i was too lazy to grab the recorder so its definately worth it.
1966-2004 R.I.P Dime
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

sell all your equipment
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
EYEpukEcAtshit
Cowboy From Hell

Post by EYEpukEcAtshit »

hektik wrote:play earlier
:lol:
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

i never write down any riffs for some reason. most likely because of laziness but i figure if its good enough ill remember it. and if i want to be sure ill just replay it over and voer and ingrain it in my memory.
XY-SATAN
Far Beyond Driven

Post by XY-SATAN »

warhead dime wrote:i never write down any riffs for some reason. most likely because of laziness but i figure if its good enough ill remember it. and if i want to be sure ill just replay it over and voer and ingrain it in my memory.
:tup: same here
Hail to the fuckin leaf
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Hail to the fuckin leaf »

I prefer to practice at night, thats when I want to do things, daytime sucks...
Section8
Mouth For War

Post by Section8 »

suicide
Cheyenne fucking Buffet
I am cool

Post by Cheyenne fucking Buffet »

XY-SATAN wrote:Welcome to the first steps in music being a chore , not every time you play has to be at the right time and the quicker you get into playing without a FEELING and more into the real work and in the not so fun area that is important ,benefits are immense and worth it in the long run .
:lll: Are you kidding me?

If you have a passion for the instrument, you'll practice when it feels right, not when you SHOULD practice each day. When you force yourself into practicing, you get burned out and that's why people drop instruments. Don't be stupid.
XY-SATAN
Far Beyond Driven

Post by XY-SATAN »

Cheyenne fucking Buffet wrote:
XY-SATAN wrote:Welcome to the first steps in music being a chore , not every time you play has to be at the right time and the quicker you get into playing without a FEELING and more into the real work and in the not so fun area that is important ,benefits are immense and worth it in the long run .

If you have a passion for the instrument, you'll practice when it feels right, not when you SHOULD practice each day. When you force yourself into practicing, you get burned out and that's why people drop instruments. Don't be stupid.

You are one ignorant fuck , never said to play at a set time motherfucker here's the first part of my post that you left out,
XY-SATAN wrote: "Hey man why worry if it feels comfortable at a certain time or not , it is what it is, at least you’re putting in the time. Sometimes I look at my axe and hate it ( or me ) , then 30 minutes later my head is full of things to play ! "

What that means is play when you want to play, don't worry about it .

But since you know so much , try joining a band.

I'm sure it would go over grand ... "no, I like to play when I feel right" or "sorry I didn't feel like practicing this week" or " I only play after midnight" yea that's what you need in a band mate .
Cheyenne fucking Buffet wrote:you'll practice when it feels right, not when you SHOULD practice each day.
........and practicing when you feel like it and not when you SHOULD ? Now that is one stupid statement , you must be a fucking hippy with work ethic like that :lol: that's not called practicing that's called " FUCKING AROUND" . Consistent practise is what makes you a musician not a fucking hack who has to learn everything over cuz they can't remember what they learned . The more you play the more you learn ,the easier it gets and the better you feel about your playing. If you quit then you never had the drive or talent in the first place and why waste the money and time if you're not serious ?
razorkill666
n0ob

Post by razorkill666 »

XY-SATAN wrote:

You are one ignorant fuck , never said to play at a set time motherfucker here's the first part of my post that you left out,
XY-SATAN wrote: "Hey man why worry if it feels comfortable at a certain time or not , it is what it is, at least you’re putting in the time. Sometimes I look at my axe and hate it ( or me ) , then 30 minutes later my head is full of things to play ! "

What that means is play when you want to play, don't worry about it .

But since you know so much , try joining a band.

I'm sure it would go over grand ... "no, I like to play when I feel right" or "sorry I didn't feel like practicing this week" or " I only play after midnight" yea that's what you need in a band mate .
Cheyenne fucking Buffet wrote:you'll practice when it feels right, not when you SHOULD practice each day.
........and practicing when you feel like it and not when you SHOULD ? Now that is one stupid statement , you must be a fucking hippy with work ethic like that :lol: that's not called practicing that's called " FUCKING AROUND" . Consistent practise is what makes you a musician not a fucking hack who has to learn everything over cuz they can't remember what they learned . The more you play the more you learn ,the easier it gets and the better you feel about your playing. If you quit then you never had the drive or talent in the first place and why waste the money and time if you're not serious ?
hahaha Image
R.I.P Dime
Razorkill-Playing deans 'til the end!
Cheyenne fucking Buffet
I am cool

Post by Cheyenne fucking Buffet »

XY-SATAN wrote:You are one ignorant fuck , never said to play at a set time motherfucker here's the first part of my post that you left out
Cohesiveness can be your friend, caveman. That's probably why I left out "the first part of your post". I can't figure out what you're trying to say.
XY-SATAN
Far Beyond Driven

Post by XY-SATAN »

XY-SATAN wrote:You are one ignorant fuck , never said to play at a set time motherfucker here's the first part of my post that you left out
Cohesiveness can be your friend, caveman. That's probably why I left out "the first part of your post". I can't figure out what you're trying to say.

Cohesiveness huh …. I think you lack that my bro ,

If you READ his post he practices regular but it’s at a earlier time that he likes .

He has the drive just needs to break a habit . get it.

Meaning……………… :fu:
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

wake up at 5 am,stick your cab out an open window and crank the fucker up to 11,and let it rip.
The Hilter'D Crime
Creampuff Sr.

Post by The Hilter'D Crime »

i just bring my guitar around with me where ever i go i also i have an adapter in my car so i can pull over plug in my amp and jamm at ne time....

altho it would fuckin suck if someone broke into my car :(
The End of the Path is the End of the Past

T.H.C
h i r
e l i
t m
e e
r
'
D
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

The Hilter'D Crime wrote:i just bring my guitar around with me where ever i go i also i have an adapter in my car so i can pull over plug in my amp and jamm at ne time....

altho it would fuckin suck if someone broke into my car :(
id drain your cars battery if i plugged in to that.how many watts does your amp suck out of the wall?
100%hate
n0ob

Post by 100%hate »

i can't stop the habit of fucking my hand b4 i go 2 bed. i do it in the morning too unless i have to pee.
it's hard to be taken seriously when people shake the same hand you fuck