home recording

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

home recording

Post by hektik »

i know some of you negroes are do it yourselfers with home recording and shit, what would i need to get started and how much money would I need? I just want to do guitar, vocals, and drums...I can't play drums so I'm going to need some kind of super space age drum machine to program. I can't deluge any more information at this time.
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
UNGODLIKE
Lynch Mob

Post by UNGODLIKE »

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/0404/
and if u don't have a mixer to line your mics out to your amps already, rob your friend's band or hit up the pawn shop
http://www.digitraxx.com/ph_reason.html i used to play w/3.0 as far as drums go and i found it to be the easiest program to use for programming, sequencing, and overall composing. but for better advice, ask the doctor
Last edited by UNGODLIKE on Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
satan sux my dick
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

on a small budget...
get a computer for recording only. you need all the ram focused on recording only, not wasted on bullshit running in the background completely unrelated to the task at hand. it doesnt need to be anything fancy, doesnt need to be super fast and you dont need a video card, you could build one good enough for 3 hundred bucks nowadays, spend mmost of your money on ram and a good solid soundcard. get adobe audition , its an updated version of cooledit pro, or an m box and a simple version of protools. you dick sucking dad baller fuggvc
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

This is the best drum sequencer I have found - And it's only 8mb and easy as shit to use. Seriously, try it:

http://www.acoustica.com/beatcraft/download.htm

It's great because it doesnt require a NASA computer to run it smoothly, nor is it like trying to understand a mental computer language.

I've tried BFD, Drumkit from Hell, Fruity Loops, Reason, Sonar etc etc and this is by the best overall drum sequencer :tup:

I used it for the shit found on here

http://www.myspace.com/cancerouswomb
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

do you know where to get any good drum and cymbal samples?
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

hektik wrote:do you know where to get any good drum and cymbal samples?
Drumkit from Hell is decent. Otherwise, set up some mics and sample an actual drumkit. It works! :tup:
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

i still love my dr5. they sell for 150 bucks on ebay tops. these things are great .
rObsessed!
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

Pfl?yd wrote:
hektik wrote:do you know where to get any good drum and cymbal samples?
Drumkit from Hell is decent. Otherwise, set up some mics and sample an actual drumkit. It works! :tup:
hook it up broseph
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

i have toontrack EZDrummer.. it's great but has to run as a plugin for a program like protools. look it up on youtube and if you want it i can send it.
[quote="Brandon"] there are weirdos on the net. [/quote]
panterasupporter
Creampuff

Post by panterasupporter »

man all you need is a good pedal board eg. zoom gfx -5 or 8 or a line 6 floor pod. some of these come with space age drum machines and just a simple recording program like audacity. or the other option is download cubase off linewire or utorrent and figure out how the fuck that works
hey hey hey smoke weed everyday. . . and eat pussy