this shit is bananas

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

this shit is bananas

Post by hektik »

aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

My buddy works at Guitar Center and they recently got one in stock at his store. He said it's snapped 3 strings already attempting to tune itself.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

Maybe I'm having a purist moment, but that seems a bit excessive to me. I'm of the mind and opinion that a person who'd rather not tune his guitar probably shouldn't be playing one.

Just my 2...
Ezekiel 23:20
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

that looks awesome but i'd imagine in practice it would never work as well as that demo.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
tokin20deuce
I will fuck you up

Post by tokin20deuce »

The Doctor wrote:Maybe I'm having a purist moment, but that seems a bit excessive to me. I'm of the mind and opinion that a person who'd rather not tune his guitar probably shouldn't be playing one.

Just my 2...
completely agree :tup:
The fish who keeps on swimmin is the first to chill upstream
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

The Doctor wrote:Maybe I'm having a purist moment, but that seems a bit excessive to me. I'm of the mind and opinion that a person who'd rather not tune his guitar probably shouldn't be playing one.

Just my 2...
agreed. what if you want to use some kind of crazy open tuning? and like bassphemy said, apparently it sucks at tuning.

the only upside to that guitar would be if it constantly corrected itself, like if you went out of tune from too much whammy bar use during a solo (like dime went out of tune in floods). that'd be neat...but still not worth the money for that guitar.
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

Post by Three Second Doom »

tokin20deuce wrote:

Just my 2...
completely agree :tup:
Yep, not to mention worrying about if anything electronic on it goes. Fuck all that.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

hektik wrote:

Just my 2...
agreed. what if you want to use some kind of crazy open tuning? and like bassphemy said, apparently it sucks at tuning.

the only upside to that guitar would be if it constantly corrected itself, like if you went out of tune from too much whammy bar use during a solo (like dime went out of tune in floods). that'd be neat...but still not worth the money for that guitar.
I assume it has settings for different tunings. Otherwise I really wouldn't see a point.
ATR v1.2
ATRLRIGHT!!!

Post by ATR v1.2 »

why is this new to anyone? gibson have had that guitar out for what? almost a decade now.
The smell of mutton and onions no man could ask for more, We were chug-luggin' Dominion when a Mountie walked in the door.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

No they haven't you blackskin.
ATR v1.2
ATRLRIGHT!!!

Post by ATR v1.2 »

BassPhemy wrote:No they haven't you blackskin.
yes thay have.

the jimmy page signature guitar was the same thing.
The smell of mutton and onions no man could ask for more, We were chug-luggin' Dominion when a Mountie walked in the door.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Nope.
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

i can understand needing something pushbutton convenient when you're playing live drunk lights in your face with shitty sound guys and whatnot, its annoying really. check this out though, not the same but achieving nearly the same task minus all the fancy bullshit to go wrong... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Rose_SpeedLoader
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
ATR v1.2
ATRLRIGHT!!!

Post by ATR v1.2 »

BassPhemy wrote:Nope.
whats different about it?
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

ATR v1.2 wrote:
BassPhemy wrote:Nope.
whats different about it?
It's a robot.
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

You know, if they made something like this that automatically re-set a Floyd Rose, especially to multiple tunings, it would be worth it. Those things are a pain in the fucking ass. :tdown:
Ezekiel 23:20