Efflux - new album demo

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Efflux - new album demo

Post by croninburg »

A few months ago we did a live practice recording of a tune from the album we're recording. It's called Trapped in the Astrolab, you can hear it at www.myspace.com/effluxmusic . I would be interested to hear your opinions :)
UNGODLIKE
Lynch Mob

Post by UNGODLIKE »

"avant 'tard" heh heh... so is your band's composition formated on improvasation or something?this normally isn't the type of music i'd listen to but it sounds pretty good. i like the tempo shifts in that song. so what do u play?
satan sux my dick
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Thanks man, I'm one of the guitarists. We do jam a lot at practice, and there's a little improvisation in our set, but our songs are generally written by one person and then learned by everyone else because we're all at uni and can only play together in the holidays :tdown: Everyone gets a say though, which is cool. The "avant 'tard" thing is just a joke, I can't remember who made it up, but it wan't me. Myspace is such a crock of shit that I hate to take it seriously.. If you're really taken by the tunes, we have a CD release split with two other bands.. http://bwcr.bigcartel.com :|):
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

The split CD is pretty good, I recommend it. :tup:

I don't need to tell you what I think of your stuff. :|):
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Thanks Pfloyd, I think I sent you this track a while ago :) It's not on myspace anymore, the guy who mixed it wasn't happy with it :x
-Will-
I will fuck you up

Post by -Will- »

I listened to it yesterday, but I forgot to mention anything. Anywhoo, it was excellent, and I didn't expect anything less. You guys are great.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Cheers :aargh: Buy the CD!
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

Post by Three Second Doom »

Sounds great, I dig the shit out of this kind of stuff.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Our other original guitarist is with us as a pianist now, album coming in 2008 :tup:
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

Post by Lord of This World »

oh hell yes :x :tup:

dressed in electric reminds me of old school Rush :tup: :tup:

good music dude. :tup:
stoic wrote:good news...everyone took that at face value and immediately stopped thinking you're a scared dork fuck.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

dressed in electric is a cool song :tup:
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Impressive. I like the arranging and the ideas. I like that kind of clean-but-slightly-distorted tone you guys use, it works really well with the music. Makes it sound old school. And the saxophone is fucking badass, I'm a big saxophone fan.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

warhead dime wrote:Impressive. I like the arranging and the ideas. I like that kind of clean-but-slightly-distorted tone you guys use, it works really well with the music. Makes it sound old school. And the saxophone is fucking badass, I'm a big saxophone fan.
I think all the guitars were recorded with single coils, mostly my tele as well as the producer's mexican tele and coil tapped Ibanez SZ. I love the tele for rythm because it can sound quite abrasive and heavy, but leaves room for other instruments :tup: That said, I recently chaanged the stock pickups to something that has about twice the power, so I look forwards to recording with those :aargh: :lol:
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

I've been looking into Tele's and after playing a few, I can say that I absolutely love the way they sound and play. Definitely my next guitar purchase. :tup:
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

They are absolute workhorses. I've had mine for almost three years, and I think I've broken a string once :tup:
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

What kind do you have? I was thinking about spending the extra cash for an American, but from what I've read the Standard MIM are just as good after some small modifications.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Three Second Doom wrote:What kind do you have? I was thinking about spending the extra cash for an American, but from what I've read the Standard MIM are just as good after some small modifications.
Mine is actually Japanese (the '62 custom reissue), but the mexican models are very solid and excellent value. I don't think the quality control is as strict for the mexicans, but it you find one that you like then definitely go for it - the producer's tele that I mentioned was a mex.

You can get a Mexican model for around $600 here, my Jap cost $1000, there was an American model for about $1400 but the even the salesman said that it wasn't worth the extra cash :lol: However, I doubt that US models are anywhere near as expensive over there. I did end up changing the pickups, but I think all three production lines use the same stock anyway. If/when I get a backup, it will be Mexican with the pickups swiched. Beacuse it's such a basic design, you can't really go wrong :tup:

:aargh:
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

I'm actually about to buy a Telecaster after I sell all of my old equipment. I've got a lot of shit that I'm gonna put on ebay. But if I sell all of it, I'll have enough for this American Tele I found. It's 900 bucks, plays and sounds perfect. I've actually been planning on buying a tenor sax also.

What were the pickups that you put in?
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Fuck, if you were unlucky you could pay that much for a Mexican model over here.. maybe I'll try and snap one up on Ebay! The new pups are a Bareknuckle set, the Piledrivers. They're still single coils, I purchased them because since I got my AC30 I wanted something that would push it harder, but I didn't want to switch to humbuckers. They sound pretty good, not quite as bright as the stock pickups but they're much clearer with better string definition. They have about twice the output of the stock pups so my guitar cuts through live without being obnoxious.

The problem with pickups is that you can't try before you buy, but I wasn't disappointed. I should mention that I used it stock for about two years, the sounds that you hear on myspaz are stock telecaster apart from a couple of ibanez tracks. You should definitely snap that tele up :tup: