If you haven't heard my music yet

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
White Boy
Lynch Mob

Post by White Boy »

WOW Doc, your music sucks balls.

later dude.
UNGODLIKE
Lynch Mob

Post by UNGODLIKE »

Scummy wrote:WOW Doc, your music sucks balls.

later dude.
satan sux my dick
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

That settles it, the next time i'm playing in Minneapolis, i'm not putting Bassphemy on the guest list. :hit:
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

Sieg Heil wrote:1.Metal fans who get offended if someone insults metal and try to defend it with all means are 'Metal Fags',
Yes
Sieg Heil wrote:2.Metal fans who do not appreciate the talent incorporated in other genres are 'Metal Fags'
Yes
Sieg Heil wrote:3.Metal fans who appreciate other music genres apart from Electronica (disregarding the fact whether they like them or not) are 'Metal Fags'
No
Sieg Heil wrote:4.Random people who do not appreciate Electronica are 'Metal Fags'.
No
Ezekiel 23:20
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

later dude.
No one's making you listen to it. :tup:

I'd also be willing to wager than everyone who is a critic of my music, and any other "non known" music posted here only listens for about 5 seconds and makes a judgement based on that. So, positive or negative, how much is an opinion based on 1.5% of the total body of a song worth?
Sieg Heil
I will fuck you up

Post by Sieg Heil »

I listened to all of them and i like them. :tup:
cottonmouth
I will fuck you up

Post by cottonmouth »

Ok doc, you take criticism pretty bad, if someone doesn't like your song that doesn't automatically make them a close minded metalhead.

About the songs, I'm not a big fan. The thing that bothers me is that the extremely nervous beat doesn't really match the melody IMO. No harm in that though, cause I don't like drum and bass at all since I think it's an epiliptic seizure in soundform.

And another thing is, I can't really find your endless knowledge of music theory represented in these songs.
Sieg Heil
I will fuck you up

Post by Sieg Heil »

cottonmouth wrote:Ok doc, you take criticism pretty bad, if someone doesn't like your song that doesn't automatically make them a close minded metalhead.
This guy is definitely a knucklehead, i actually like his material, but played dumb and pretended to disrespect Electronica , i didn't even say a word to advocate metal,but he still accused me as a metal fag (in one of his edited posts).
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

cottonmouth wrote:Ok doc, you take criticism pretty bad, if someone doesn't like your song that doesn't automatically make them a close minded metalhead.

About the songs, I'm not a big fan. The thing that bothers me is that the extremely nervous beat doesn't really match the melody IMO. No harm in that though, cause I don't like drum and bass at all since I think it's an epiliptic seizure in soundform.

And another thing is, I can't really find your endless knowledge of music theory represented in these songs.
It's in the circuitry, that's why.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

cottonmouth wrote:if someone doesn't like your song that doesn't automatically make them a close minded metalhead.
I agree. Investigation of this thread and knowledge of past posts will prove I'm not "bashing people just because they don't like my music". Most of the reason for the way I acted in this thread was to fuck with Bassphemy and a few other people because they insisted that what I do takes no effort, without displaying that they actually knew anything about what I do.
cottonmouth wrote:epiliptic seizure in soundform
That's part of the point of the style of music I make. To rob a quote from Venetian Snares, "To make something that goes by too fast to comprehend it". A lot of people don't like that, and the intelligent ones just walk away without listening to it rather than calling it "talentless" because they don't understand it.
cottonmouth wrote:I can't really find your endless knowledge of music theory represented in these songs.
THIS is what I don't take well. I don't have an endless knowledge of anything and never implied I did. The criticism isn't the problem. I think you might be expecting to hear something virtuous just because I claim knowledge, when that knowledge only means I understand aspects of music theory that the average self taught musician does not. Am I Beethoven? Obviously not. But I'm not some kid plunking away on a 2nd hand guitar in a basement who just learned to read tablature.
Last edited by The Doctor on Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

JesseJames wrote: It's in the circuitry, that's why.
I think Pfloyd said something interesting before...
Pfl?yd wrote:I think a lot of people also overlook the difference between composition and performance.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

This music kind of takes performance out of the picture.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

BassPhemy wrote:This music kind of takes performance out of the picture.
False.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MLcxve603-4

Post by Guest »

Pfl?yd wrote:That settles it, the next time i'm playing in Minneapolis, i'm not putting Bassphemy on the guest list. :hit:
Post some of your music.
Sieg Heil
I will fuck you up

Post by Sieg Heil »

Leviathan wrote:Post some of your music.
Oh , Christ, i hope it doesn't sound minimalist and dull like a certain DJ travelling to remote australian area to learn to play Didgeridoo for his albums while the other Aborigins are still trying to invent fire like a certain Steve Roach.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Sieg Heil wrote:
Leviathan wrote:Post some of your music.
Oh , Christ, i hope it doesn't sound minimalist and dull like a certain DJ travelling to remote australian area to learn to play Didgeridoo for his albums while the other Aborigins are still trying to invent fire like a certain Steve Roach.
No, but that sounds awesome.
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

DBS wrote:
Metallash wrote:All music sucks.
your band's pretty cool. :tup:
Thanks man. :tup:
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

I have worked with electronic musicians who bring a lot to live performance. My good friend whom I do stuff with on occasion does a lot of stuff completely improvised in a more band context. Sometimes he's the lead, sometimes he's the bass player, some times he just lays back and does weird stuff. It's great to have that flexibility.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

Pfl?yd wrote:
I have worked with electronic musicians who bring a lot to live performance. My good friend whom I do stuff with on occasion does a lot of stuff completely improvised in a more band context. Sometimes he's the lead, sometimes he's the bass player, some times he just lays back and does weird stuff. It's great to have that flexibility.
Tommy Lee in da hizzy layin' down da beetz Mothafucka, yeuhhhh!!!
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

summers_eve wrote:
Pfl?yd wrote:
Tommy Lee in da hizzy layin' down da beetz Mothafucka, yeuhhhh!!!
:? :? :?
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

Metallash wrote:
DBS wrote:
Metallash wrote:All music sucks.
your band's pretty cool. :tup:
Thanks man. :tup:
Yer no Clone The Fragile though, OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

The Doctor wrote:
False.

No, I am still correct.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

BassPhemy wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
False.

No, I am still correct.
Well look up more Squarepusher if you're actually interested. His music is similar to mine, but he plays bass live and he's actually pretty damn good. :tup:
UNGODLIKE
Lynch Mob

Post by UNGODLIKE »

The Doctor wrote:

later dude.
No one's making you listen to it. :tup:

I'd also be willing to wager than everyone who is a critic of my music, and any other "non known" music posted here only listens for about 5 seconds and makes a judgement based on that. So, positive or negative, how much is an opinion based on 1.5% of the total body of a song worth?
nothing personal bro, but i know a hip-hop and techno beat producer who has digital sampler, drum machines, and MIDI programs who is "tone-deaf", musically illeterate, too intimidated by the thought of actually taking up the study of a "real" musical instrument(like a guitar),does his shit for fun w/out takin' any of it seriously, and sounds like J.S. Bach compared to you.u continue bringing on the critiscism to yourself like u want to make a toddler w/a casio keyboard look like a virtuoso :tup:
satan sux my dick
Deleted User #4
Trendkiller

Post by Deleted User #4 »

YOU ARE FUCKIN GAY, i could smash the shit out of your face bitchboy, you listen to terrible music fuckin faggot and make it. :lol:
UNGODLIKE
Lynch Mob

Post by UNGODLIKE »

go back to your stuck homo CD u fukin' puke
satan sux my dick
CoercedCoexistence
Lynch Mob

Post by CoercedCoexistence »

The Doctor wrote: A hippie drum circle has more talent in it than a Metal band.
i'm not gonna knock your music (although it reminds me of that shit ross played on his keyboard on friends) cause i don't know much about electronica, but it seems good for the genre. this statement above, though, is retarded.
[quote="Jericho"]definitely not a favorite but Kid Rock's American Badass is good.[/quote]
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

So you don't like any variation of or any music influenced by Breakcore. None of you. I get it. I won't burden your ears by posting my music here again. Ok? Ok. For fucks sake. Do ANY of you have lives?
UNGODLIKE wrote:nothing personal bro, but i know a hip-hop and techno beat producer who has digital sampler, drum machines, and MIDI programs who is "tone-deaf", musically illeterate, too intimidated by the thought of actually taking up the study of a "real" musical instrument(like a guitar),does his shit for fun w/out takin' any of it seriously, and sounds like J.S. Bach compared to you.u continue bringing on the critiscism to yourself like u want to make a toddler w/a casio keyboard look like a virtuoso :tup:
Ok, this is interesting. I'm a self taught musician, have been playing multiple instruments for over half my life, I have an intermediate knowledge of theory and I KNOW, for a god damn fact that EVERY aspect of my music follows the structure it's supposed to follow. Every melody is on key. Every drum beat is where it should be.

I can only think of 3 reasons why you would say what you just said. Please enlighten me. Which one of these reasons is it?

1) You're completely dumbfounded by Breakcore/Jungle beats.

2) You only listened to a few seconds of one song and decided to make a smart assed post based on that.

3) The record label who released my material and everyone who ever complimented my music (far too many people for this point to even be a possibility) had horrible taste.
CoercedCoexistence
Lynch Mob

The Doctor wrote:So you don't like any variation of or any music influenced by Breakcore. None of you. I get it. I won't burden your ears by posting my music here again. Ok? Ok. For fucks sake. Do ANY of you have lives?
don't get so worked up about it dude, it seems good for what it is, but i don't know what you expect posting it here
[quote="Jericho"]definitely not a favorite but Kid Rock's American Badass is good.[/quote]
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

I have to add something...

If my beats don't make sense to you, then I've done exactly what I set out to do...
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

CoercedCoexistence wrote:
The Doctor wrote:So you don't like any variation of or any music influenced by Breakcore. None of you. I get it. I won't burden your ears by posting my music here again. Ok? Ok. For fucks sake. Do ANY of you have lives?
don't get so worked up about it dude, it seems good for what it is, but i don't know what you expect posting it here
There are people here who are into things besides Metal. I didn't expect a fucking standing ovation, but if you don't like it for fucks sake let it the fuck go. I'm not changing it. I'm not quitting. My feelings aren't hurt in the least. The proof of that is in this... I didn't take the link down. I didn't remove songs. I don't give a flying fuck what people who aren't fans of electronic music think of my music. What are people trying to accomplish?
Last edited by The Doctor on Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoercedCoexistence
Lynch Mob

The Doctor wrote:
CoercedCoexistence wrote:
There are people here who are into things besides Metal. I didn't expect a fucking standing ovation, but if you don't like it for fucks sake let it the fuck go. I'm not changing it. I'm not quitting. My feelings aren't hurt in the least. What are people trying to accomplish?
well i never said i didn't like it, it's just not my thing. it's like cricket - not a sport i watch, but i understand that it has it's own virtues. and i wouldn't expect you to quit or change it if it's what you enjoy doing. do your thing dude :tup:
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

I'm not getting in this discussion again. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

I listened to them all.

Door One is pretty good.
down ass chic wrote:takes one to noone SLUT!
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

<THe_FeAR> wrote:I listened to them all.

Door One is pretty good.

Ok. A question for you then.

Are my beats out of place? Is there anything discordant and "non melodic" about it?
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

Well, i play guitar but i'm self-taught and know next to nothing about musical theory.

So i couldn't even hazard a guess when it comes to electronica.
down ass chic wrote:takes one to noone SLUT!
Kellan
Lynch Mob

Post by Kellan »

It's not bad music. I just think it could be more enjoyable to me, personally, if you'd have some phrase development in the percussion. It's one spastic phrase that could be really awesome if answered by another similar phrase. But it's just one phrase, another completely different one, another completely different one; etc. All of which seem like they're a cadence for a bigger, more intense theme that just never ends up happening.
If that's the point, then to each their own.
I'm just trying to criticize constructively but my ears say these songs could use a good dose of thematic development, call and response phrasing, and other songwriting techniques. Good ideas but they just don't take me anywhere, you know?
I understand completely the theory and syncopations that occur, it just is more of a display of short, spurts of ideas, one after another; rather than a song.
That's just my interpretation of it though.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

The Doctor wrote: I won't burden your ears by posting my music here again.
That's the stance I take. I can count on one hand the number of people here who have tastes similar to mine on any level. Truth be told, I only post here because it's a habit more than anything, though I have very little in common with most people here, musically or otherwise.

The Musician's Forum was once the saving grace of this place, but even it is starting to follow the mind-numbingness of the other boards.
UNGODLIKE
Lynch Mob

Post by UNGODLIKE »

UNGODLIKE wrote:nothing personal bro, but i know a hip-hop and techno beat producer who has digital sampler, drum machines, and MIDI programs who is "tone-deaf", musically illeterate, too intimidated by the thought of actually taking up the study of a "real" musical instrument(like a guitar),does his shit for fun w/out takin' any of it seriously, and sounds like J.S. Bach compared to you.u continue bringing on the critiscism to yourself like u want to make a toddler w/a casio keyboard look like a virtuoso :tup:
Ok, this is interesting. I'm a self taught musician, have been playing multiple instruments for over half my life, I have an intermediate knowledge of theory and I KNOW, for a god damn fact that EVERY aspect of my music follows the structure it's supposed to follow. Every melody is on key. Every drum beat is where it should be.

I can only think of 3 reasons why you would say what you just said. Please enlighten me. Which one of these reasons is it?

1) You're completely dumbfounded by Breakcore/Jungle beats.

2) You only listened to a few seconds of one song and decided to make a smart assed post based on that.

3) The record label who released my material and everyone who ever complimented my music (far too many people for this point to even be a possibility) had horrible taste.
2&3 :tup:
satan sux my dick
UNGODLIKE
Lynch Mob

Post by UNGODLIKE »

Pfl?yd wrote: The Musician's Forum was once the saving grace of this place, but even it is starting to follow the mind-numbingness of the other boards.
i'd have this down as my signature if i had any respect for u p-floyd
satan sux my dick