Very underated gat slinger

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Very underated gat slinger

Post by Gnarkiller »

Chris Amott. This dude uses the perfect amount of every technique. his style is somewhat unique. and his bends/vibrato... holy fuck. Look at his face on those last bends. this nigga means biz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MKkD4LoLfE
[quote="STEVE COFFEY"] SYCROTES FACT #285: I like gettin' fucked[/quote]
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

He has horrible nails/fingers.
down ass chic wrote:takes one to noone SLUT!
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

Post by Three Second Doom »

Uhhhhh
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

He has a great sound/style
Suck me
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

I didn't really like that solo. I think his older solos with Arch Enemy are pretty cool, that just sounded like something Children of Bodom would do.

He's a got cool feel and ability though, it's just not really my thing.
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

No.

He's good, yes, but he's not amazing. I HATE seeing guitarists who play with their pinky hanging miles away from the fretboard just because they're used to using their ring finger as the main way of bending. It's just bad style.
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

Ben wrote:No.

He's good, yes, but he's not amazing. I HATE seeing guitarists who play with their pinky hanging miles away from the fretboard just because they're used to using their ring finger as the main way of bending. It's just bad style.
yeah.. ok. I dont use my pinky on the upper frets because my fat little sausage fingers get cramped and there is no reason to unless I'm doing a whole step whole step run. You are an IDIOT... how does it make his style bad it just looks different. Rich Ward would slap you if he heard this nonsense. and it sounds nothing like a bodom solo.... alexi just doesnt pay that way.
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

Gnarkiller wrote:

yeah.. ok. I dont use my pinky on the upper frets because my fat little sausage fingers get cramped and there is no reason to unless I'm doing a whole step whole step run. You are an IDIOT... how does it make his style bad it just looks different. Rich Ward would slap you if he heard this nonsense. and it sounds nothing like a bodom solo.... alexi just doesnt pay that way.
Because having your pinky that far away from the fretboard means you have to move it that much more to get it up there. Of course, if you're playing simple leads it doesn't matter.

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvXTJbw3h8M&NR=1

doesnt seem to affect his playing dumbass
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

Gnarkiller wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvXTJbw3h8M&NR=1

You sure are defensive about Amott. Sommmmmmmmeone's got a crush....

Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

Ben wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvXTJbw3h8M&NR=1

You sure are defensive about Amott. Sommmmmmmmeone's got a crush....
yeah I'd rip him a new one and love it.
Kellan
Lynch Mob

Post by Kellan »

His technique does look pretty bad. However I think it's because his fingers are so god damned long; fucking hell. Seriously, look at that shit. His pinky alone is maybe just short of a neck-and-a-half long/across.
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

yeah..long and skinny..although his techniqueee got him more famous than any of us.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Gnarkiller wrote:and it sounds nothing like a bodom solo.... alexi just doesnt pay that way.
Yes, that one did. It just kind of has that same feel, pentatonic stuff over that chord progression with some fast run at the end and a high bend. I used to listen to Bodom all the time and I know what his soloing sounds like :lol:

Regardless, it doesn't mean this guy is a bad guitarist, or that you have to defend him. I was just saying something I noticed, and that I don't really dig the slightly neoclassical fast shred stuff anymore, it's just not my thing. I've already heard it countless times and these days would rather hear something different.
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

warhead dime wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:and it sounds nothing like a bodom solo.... alexi just doesnt pay that way.
Yes, that one did. It just kind of has that same feel, pentatonic stuff over that chord progression with some fast run at the end and a high bend. I used to listen to Bodom all the time and I know what his soloing sounds like :lol:

Regardless, it doesn't mean this guy is a bad guitarist, or that you have to defend him. I was just saying something I noticed, and that I don't really dig the slightly neoclassical fast shred stuff anymore, it's just not my thing. I've already heard it countless times and these days would rather hear something different.
yeah... maybe he sticks out so much for me because of michael. michael does great pentatonic stuff and all, has good emotional melodies and has about the best wah sound and all that good stuff. but he is really repetative if you listen to all of his solos you will hear the same 5 licks at least twice in each solo. and chris is completely different
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

You don't know anything about guitar and music. Just chew some gum and scream some overrated 80's singer's riffs.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

BassPhemy wrote:You don't know anything about guitar and music. Just chew some gum and scream some overrated 80's singer's riffs.
you play bass... make a bass thread and stay out of my guitar thread.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Gnarkiller wrote:
warhead dime wrote:

yeah... maybe he sticks out so much for me because of michael. michael does great pentatonic stuff and all, has good emotional melodies and has about the best wah sound and all that good stuff. but he is really repetative if you listen to all of his solos you will hear the same 5 licks at least twice in each solo. and chris is completely different
Yeah I agree. But for me, the typical metal soloing styles don't really satisfy me. And what these guys do just sound to me like the past.

I don't know what happened to Michael though, he used to be more badass in Carcass.
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

warhead dime wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:
warhead dime wrote:

Yeah I agree. But for me, the typical metal soloing styles don't really satisfy me. And what these guys do just sound to me like the past.

I don't know what happened to Michael though, he used to be more badass in Carcass.
yeah. you cant deny wages though
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

Gnarkiller wrote:
BassPhemy wrote:You don't know anything about guitar and music. Just chew some gum and scream some overrated 80's singer's riffs.
You do ghey vocals. Get out of your guitar thread.
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

<THe_FeAR> wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:
guess what... THAT DUDE ISNT ME... you guys are fucking idiots for believing that all you is pm him on youtube and he would be like wtf....
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Gnarkiller wrote:
<THe_FeAR> wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:
guess what... THAT DUDE ISNT ME... you guys are fucking idiots for believing that all you is pm him on youtube and he would be like wtf....
I already called you out on this. Go back to doing something that doesn't involve music because you suck at it.
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

Gnarkiller wrote:
<THe_FeAR> wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:
Guess what. I still don't know who you are.

But you're standing out as being a fucking homo.
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

<THe_FeAR> wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:
<THe_FeAR> wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap_36haufE8 Oooooh hey guys check out a video my friends put up! teehee :oops:
and I really can dance I dont care what you boys thinks
Maelstrom
Bukkake Master

Post by Maelstrom »

Who the FUCK cares about things like that :lol:
Kevin James derp de derp. Derp de derpity derpee derp. Until one day aderp aderp aderp. Derp de derp, ta teetley tum. From the creators of Der, and Tum Ta Tittaly Tum Ta Too, Kevin James is Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb. Rated PG-13.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Maelstrom wrote:

YOU COULD NEVER UNDERSTAND
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

Gnarkiller wrote:
<THe_FeAR> wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:
<THe_FeAR> wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap_36haufE8 Oooooh hey guys check out a video my friends put up! teehee :oops:
and I really can dance I dont care what you boys thinks
I didn't watch that or even read your post because i don't care.
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

Maelstrom wrote:

Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

Maelstrom wrote:

Uh, guitar players?

By having bad style, you limit yourself and get further along playing in a way that impedes your playing. No different than a baseball player who holds the bat improperly; while he might be good, he's limiting himself by using improper technique.

Just my two cents, though.

BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

It's a bad habit. You wouldn't piss in your toilet from across the room because it's stupid.
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

No such thing as a bad habit of playing guitar, if it works, it works.
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

What if it caused you physical pain after playing that way for a while? What if it hindered your endurance? What if it slowed your overall speed down? What if it caused notes to not ring out properly?
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

BassPhemy wrote:What if it caused you physical pain after playing that way for a while? What if it hindered your endurance? What if it slowed your overall speed down? What if it caused notes to not ring out properly?
... does it look like it slows him down? have you seen live apacolypse? I dont think you can get much faster... and if you could WHO THE FUCK CARES. look at marty friedman. I dont see you guys bitching about his technique. If you look at it in ur dumbass way its alot worse than chris's. "ooo he holds the pick like a caveman it slows him down a few bpm's"
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Gnarkiller wrote:
BassPhemy wrote:What if it caused you physical pain after playing that way for a while? What if it hindered your endurance? What if it slowed your overall speed down? What if it caused notes to not ring out properly?
... does it look like it slows him down? have you seen live apacolypse? I dont think you can get much faster... and if you could WHO THE FUCK CARES. look at marty friedman. I dont see you guys bitching about his technique. If you look at it in ur dumbass way its alot worse than chris's. "ooo he holds the pick like a caveman it slows him down a few bpm's"
Did I say it slowed him down? No I didn't you fat twit. CFH Eternal said there is no such thing as bad technique. Can you agree with that? No, you can't.

Marty has a wierd technique. It isn't wrong or limiting obviously. But guess what Friedman can do chris can't? Write a good solo.
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

BassPhemy wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:
Did I say it slowed him down? No I didn't you fat twit. CFH Eternal said there is no such thing as bad technique. Can you agree with that? No, you can't.

Marty has a wierd technique. It isn't wrong or limiting obviously. But guess what Friedman can do chris can't? Write a good solo.
funny you say that because i think their styles are somewhat similar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pToMIAzK41w the solo in this song for example. but wait. wtf do know about guitar solos? you play bass.
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

Gnarkiller wrote:
BassPhemy wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pToMIAzK41w the solo in this song for example. but wait. wtf do know about guitar solos? you play bass.
Well that makes sense, because if you play bass there's no way you could know anything about guitar, or even be a guitar player as well! lol!!!111

Faggot.

Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

Ben wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:
BassPhemy wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:

Well that makes sense, because if you play bass there's no way you could know anything about guitar, or even be a guitar player as well! lol!!!111
Finally you make some sense
UNGODLIKE
Lynch Mob

Post by UNGODLIKE »

he's alright
satan sux my dick
Deleted User #4
Trendkiller

Post by Deleted User #4 »

Personally i think it's a cool sounding solo, but that is pentatonic s.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Everything Rich Fagass Ward plays is a pentatonic scale. Too bad you have no idea what it is.