Drum Budget Question.

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
AlphaOmegaCFH
Mouth For War

Drum Budget Question.

Post by AlphaOmegaCFH »

I was wondering what would be smarter and cheaper. Fixing up my current set (drum heads, cymbals and stands, double bass pedal etc.) or just buying a new nicer set instead.
Those Who Trumpet Their Sufferings are Usually the Ones Most Deserving Of Agony -Dave Brockie

[quote="Isis"]hahahahaha I thought you were gonna say it's not big enough to fill up your monstrous snatch. heh sorry, my bad.[/quote]
wal
women = whore

Post by wal »

whats your current set? how much is your budget?
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

d.) not enough information
Cheyenne fucking Buffet
I am cool

Post by Cheyenne fucking Buffet »

I'd recommend not wasting money on a nice set until you're proficient enough to warrant a serious upgrade.
AlphaOmegaCFH
Mouth For War

Post by AlphaOmegaCFH »

wal wrote:whats your current set? how much is your budget?
Right now I have a piece of shit "rockwood" that I've had for several years. My budget is pretty much how much I want to save up for, I'd say around 2000 I'm willing to spend on a new set or my current one.
Those Who Trumpet Their Sufferings are Usually the Ones Most Deserving Of Agony -Dave Brockie

[quote="Isis"]hahahahaha I thought you were gonna say it's not big enough to fill up your monstrous snatch. heh sorry, my bad.[/quote]
cottonmouth
I will fuck you up

Post by cottonmouth »

2000? id say you could get a decent new kit for less than that.
anyway, i wouldnt upgrade, if you buy a lot of shit seperated youll be spending way too much money. play it untill it falls apart then get a new one
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

You could get a very nice Sonor 3003 for around $700, which would give you a nice budget for cymbals and hardware :tup: Most intermediate/high end kits will be around $600-1200 or so. You're going to get the most diversity of sound with the heads you choose, not the kit. If you pick the right heads and tune them right you'll get a great sound which almost any kit.

Cymbal wise I'm a Sabian man so I'd recommend those. Your best bet would be to just go to a music store and try out all the cymbals you can and choose the best one. If your budget is $2000 you should be able to get high end models easily with or without buying a new kit :tup:
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
scothern
Creampuff

Post by scothern »

Well, if it is in good shape and you liek the sound, keep it. Unless your a roadwarrior, giging every other tuesday, chances are it wont fall apart on you.

Personally I would get some real nice hardware then erpalce the kit. Get a good Snare, some nice stands or a rack and cymbals. then buy a new shell pack. A nice shell set will cost around $1200 to $3200 dependign on your wood and brand. Post some pics of your set-up bro.