no one stepping up...?

Talk about anything Pantera related....
MindsetOfAnnihilation
Far Beyond Driven

no one stepping up...?

Post by MindsetOfAnnihilation »

how come no good bands are stepping up in the name of Dimebag. Thats some pretty fucking serious shit, getting killed while on stage. I understand everyone has tuff schedules and shit but give me a fucking break this is Dime we are talking about here... the only Dimebag tour i ever heard was bullshit with drowning pool on the bill... some real kick ass bands could have got together and played a few shows in a few cities and given the money to a Dime foundation. I saw Shadows Fall last week in NJ and they gave a little remember Dime thing and took a shot of something for him... me and my brother got a dimebag chant started and before long it took over the whole arena....
Dark Rum
Creampuff

Post by Dark Rum »

I'm sure that ALL the Heavy Rock festivals going on throughout this year, ALL over the world ,will remember Dimebag and will pay tribute to him.

The likes of Ozzfest, Download (U.K), Wakken (Germany), Big Day Out (Australia) to name but a few.
"One hand on the bottle, the other a shaking fist!"
MindsetOfAnnihilation
Far Beyond Driven

i know that at every show i go to for the next year that something will most likly be said... i just want 4 or 5 really fucking sick bands on the same bill all in te name of dimebag...
Dark Rum
Creampuff

Post by Dark Rum »

MindsetOfAnnihilation wrote:i know that at every show i go to for the next year that something will most likly be said... i just want 4 or 5 really fucking sick bands on the same bill all in te name of dimebag...
If there was a "DimeFest" who would you like on the bill?

My five would be:
1) Superjoint Ritual
2) Black Label Society
3) Kiss
4) Slayer
5) Black Sabbath

This isn't fantasy, this COULD happen! :tup:
MindsetOfAnnihilation
Far Beyond Driven

Dark Rum wrote:
MindsetOfAnnihilation wrote:i know that at every show i go to for the next year that something will most likly be said... i just want 4 or 5 really fucking sick bands on the same bill all in te name of dimebag...

My five would be:
1) Superjoint Ritual
2) Black Label Society
3) Kiss
4) Slayer
5) Black Sabbath

take Kiss off... even though vinnie and dime loved them i think they fucking suck balls... and put vinnie on the drums for BLS switch SJR with Down so Rex can be there.... so this way vinnie phil and rex can play some Pantera songs... some with Zakk some with Iommi and some with Kerry King
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

MindsetOfAnnihilation wrote:
Dark Rum wrote:

My five would be:
1) Superjoint Ritual
2) Black Label Society
3) Kiss
4) Slayer
5) Black Sabbath

take Kiss off... even though vinnie and dime loved them i think they fucking suck balls... and put vinnie on the drums for BLS switch SJR with Down so Rex can be there.... so this way vinnie phil and rex can play some Pantera songs... some with Zakk some with Iommi and some with Kerry King
No. No fucking Zakk Wylde. Anyone else would do, but not that fucking homo faggot.
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
buck satan
Baldy

Post by buck satan »

there was already a big Dime tribute show with Anthrax, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, Soil and someone else
Robert M ByrdFinally passed a math class after 8 tries in a 14 year period of going to college off and on.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

big day out in australia did something for dime
onetwothreefour
Cowboy From Hell

Post by onetwothreefour »

MindsetOfAnnihilation wrote:
Dark Rum wrote:

My five would be:
1) Superjoint Ritual
2) Black Label Society
3) Kiss
4) Slayer
5) Black Sabbath

i don't like kiss either, but this isn't about your taste or mine. how cool would dime find it for one of his favorite bands to be playing in tribute to him?

and i hate this talk about vinnie drumming for BLS (its been on zakk message boards too.) what the hell? no, BLS doesn't need that kind of drummer. i think vinnie is better off doing his own thing and so is BLS. BLS isn't about drumming, it's about zakk; everyone knows that.

also, think about what you said. you said switch SJR with Down so rex vinnie and phil can play songs. vinnie was never in Down and you just said he should play for BLS anyway. why don't we just get dimebag in here to fill in for guitar while we're at it? yes i would love to hear the remaining pantera members do something together again but it's not pantera. i made a suggestion about a song they could do in a different thread here.

personally i would rather hear some of the others bands mentioned just do pantera songs. i would ESPECIALLY like hearing black sabbath do a song or two. one that ozzy can handle :).
MindsetOfAnnihilation
Far Beyond Driven

onetwothreefour wrote:
and i hate this talk about vinnie drumming for BLS (its been on zakk message boards too.) what the hell? no, BLS doesn't need that kind of drummer. i think vinnie is better off doing his own thing and so is BLS. BLS isn't about drumming, it's about zakk; everyone knows that.

also, think about what you said. you said switch SJR with Down so rex vinnie and phil can play songs. vinnie was never in Down and you just said he should play for BLS anyway.
personally i would rather hear some of the others bands mentioned just do pantera songs. i would ESPECIALLY like hearing black sabbath do a song or two. one that ozzy can handle :).
I am not saying vinnie should play for BLS your 100% right it would just be too much. I was just saying for shits and giggles for a couple shows.. and in no way was i suggesting that vinnie was in down i might not be too bright but i am not a fucking retard. Just figuring if they were all at one venue at one time then they could do some sort of encore thing... play a couple songs with some other guitarist. and it would be real fucking cool to here some other bands do some Pantera stuff.
MindsetOfAnnihilation
Far Beyond Driven

buck satan wrote:there was already a big Dime tribute show with Anthrax, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, Soil and someone else
thats what i am talking about Drowning Pool, Disturbed and Soil are pretty shitty.. how come any real fucking good bands have played
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

There wasn't any big tour because there is no money in tribute shows. If there was it wouldn't be a tribute.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
buck satan
Baldy

Post by buck satan »

IF YOU WANNA STEP UP
STEP UP
YOU GONNA GET KNOCKED DOWN

:aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh:
Robert M ByrdFinally passed a math class after 8 tries in a 14 year period of going to college off and on.
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

MAMMA SAID KNOCK YOU OOOOOOUTT :x
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Re: no one stepping up...?

Post by Brandon »

MindsetOfAnnihilation wrote:how come no good bands are stepping up in the name of Dimebag. Thats some pretty fucking serious shit, getting killed while on stage. I understand everyone has tuff schedules and shit but give me a fucking break this is Dime we are talking about here... the only Dimebag tour i ever heard was bullshit with drowning pool on the bill... some real kick ass bands could have got together and played a few shows in a few cities and given the money to a Dime foundation. I saw Shadows Fall last week in NJ and they gave a little remember Dime thing and took a shot of something for him... me and my brother got a dimebag chant started and before long it took over the whole arena....
are you retarded??????????????????????????
rObsessed!
the_auzzie
Creampuff

Post by the_auzzie »

fuck oath
i think it would b fuckin awsome 2 see
phil and the rest doin some tribute songs 2 dime
and im all for a world tour with some of the best bands
in the world but im afraid it aint gonna happen mate
disturbed are really gay they should b shot
:aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh:
"every trend that dies is livin proof"
R1D3th3LIGHTN1NG
Creampuff

Post by R1D3th3LIGHTN1NG »

how the hell is zakk wylde a faggot? don't you think if dime could pick anyone to play a few of his songs in his memory it would be his best friend? zakk is an awesome guitarist, and he and dime were like bros as im sure you know, i dont really need to say that. but what the fuck? i dont think dime would appreciate you disgracing his bud. if dime could pick anyone to play in his memory with the remains of pantera, he'd probably choose zakk, paul stanley, david allen coe, kerry king, and maybe evh. is kerry king a faggot too?
shit
To cool for school

Post by shit »

R1D3th3LIGHTN1NG wrote:how the hell is zakk wylde a faggot? don't you think if dime could pick anyone to play a few of his songs in his memory it would be his best friend? zakk is an awesome guitarist, and he and dime were like bros as im sure you know, i dont really need to say that. but what the fuck? i dont think dime would appreciate you disgracing his bud. if dime could pick anyone to play in his memory with the remains of pantera, he'd probably choose zakk, paul stanley, david allen coe, kerry king, and maybe evh. is kerry king a faggot too?
Shut up faggot.
Dark Rum
Creampuff

Post by Dark Rum »

:hit:
CoercedCoexistence
Lynch Mob

Post by CoercedCoexistence »

hektik wrote:MAMMA SAID KNOCK YOU OOOOOOUTT :x
I'M GONNA KNOCK YOU OOOOOOUTT :x
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

R1D3th3LIGHTN1NG wrote:how the hell is zakk wylde a faggot? don't you think if dime could pick anyone to play a few of his songs in his memory it would be his best friend? zakk is an awesome guitarist, and he and dime were like bros as im sure you know, i dont really need to say that. but what the fuck? i dont think dime would appreciate you disgracing his bud. if dime could pick anyone to play in his memory with the remains of pantera, he'd probably choose zakk, paul stanley, david allen coe, kerry king, and maybe evh. is kerry king a faggot too?
Yes. Kerry King is a fucking mongal.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
snowblind
Creampuff

Post by snowblind »

to the guitarest list that would play for tribute: Rob Flynn would also prob be added in there too apperently him and Dime were friends and Rob kicks ass at guitar too :|):
Doomsbrewser
Creampuff

Post by Doomsbrewser »

when im done tryin to form a band, i am writing a song about dimebag, as a tribute to the difference hes made in mine and everyone elses lives, and you guys dont know me obviously, but the people who do, know that when i write this songs, i will try to make it the best.
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

If he wanted anyone to play it wud be with Van Halen.. i bet hes playin with him right now
:aargh:

R.I.P
you know sometimes i wonder..
MARDUK
Hail Dimebag

Post by MARDUK »

I'm ashamed over all of you. :no:

There is not ONE decent band mentioned in this whole thread except for Black fuckin Sabbath and Down.

All the other bands fuckin' SUCK and should not be mentioned in the same thread as the name Dimebag.

Soil :x :tdown: :fu:
Shadows Fall :negro: :no: :x :tdown: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:
Anthrax :no: :fu:
Kiss :no: (But ok, Dime would've wanted it. :tup: )
Superjoint Ritual :no:
BLS :no:
Drowning Pool :x :x :fur: :tdown: :tdown: :fu: :fu: :no:
Disturbed :zzz: :zzz: :x :no: :tdown: :fu: :tdown: :fu:
[quote="George Bush"]"I'm President of the United States and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli".[/quote]

Post by Crow »

Aeon wrote:big day out in australia did something for dime
what did they do? i didn't notice anything apart from jamey jasta and corey mentioning him in the hatebreed/slipknot sets
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

MARDUK wrote:I'm ashamed over all of you. :no:

There is not ONE decent band mentioned in this whole thread except for Black fuckin Sabbath and Down.

All the other bands fuckin' SUCK and should not be mentioned in the same thread as the name Dimebag.

whoa, slow down there hotpants..

Soil, Shadows Fall, Anthrax, and SJR are all on-again off-again bands. in their good moments, they are quite ON, conversely in their bad moments they are all quite OFF.

the remaining four bands...KISS, BLS, Drowning Pool, and Disturbed...i agree, they do not even count as music. i am content to pretend they don't exist.

you can get right off your high fuckin "not to be mentioned in the same sentence as Dimebag" horse and then stimulate its cock for awhile, kthx :|):

Scott Ian made mistakes. Dimebag made mistakes.

however, Scott Ian did Bring The Noize and then made up for it with Speak English Or Die.

Pantera's whole repertoire barely makes up for Breathing New Life. :no: barely.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Pfft, Kiss/anthrax > marduk 10000000000 times
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

dead forever wrote:

now, don't get me wrong - i'm all for belittling Marduk...but what the hell does anyone see in KISS? personally i think Dime and Vin have pretty bad taste in music. it's okay to like Pantera and not dig whatever they're into...nobody seems to get that. in fact, isn't it even more p0sercore to lick a band's nuts just because another band that you're genuinely into name-checks them?
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

PhilCore wrote:
dead forever wrote:

now, don't get me wrong - i'm all for belittling Marduk...but what the hell does anyone see in KISS? personally i think Dime and Vin have pretty bad taste in music. it's okay to like Pantera and not dig whatever they're into...nobody seems to get that. in fact, isn't it even more p0sercore to lick a band's nuts just because another band that you're genuinely into name-checks them?

:roll: I listened to kiss way before id even heard the name pantera, the first four kiss albums has some great riffs and guitar playing and just overall great songs, also at that period of time they were one of the most impressive live bands ever, if you look past the popular stuff you will find they do have some great stuff, its not supposed to be serious , its light hearted, but its all very well done.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
MARDUK
Hail Dimebag

Post by MARDUK »

PhilCore wrote:whoa, slow down there hotpants..

Soil, Shadows Fall, Anthrax, and SJR are all on-again off-again bands. in their good moments, they are quite ON, conversely in their bad moments they are all quite OFF.

the remaining four bands...KISS, BLS, Drowning Pool, and Disturbed...i agree, they do not even count as music. i am content to pretend they don't exist.

you can get right off your high fuckin "not to be mentioned in the same sentence as Dimebag" horse and then stimulate its cock for awhile, kthx :|):

Scott Ian made mistakes. Dimebag made mistakes.

however, Scott Ian did Bring The Noize and then made up for it with Speak English Or Die.

Pantera's whole repertoire barely makes up for Breathing New Life. :no: barely.
Who do you think you are, telling ME what is good/ bad music. The nu metal bands Shadows Fall should be killed. Slaughtered. I don't want to repeat myself: Look at my post above. Thats what I think of the above mentioned bands. They kan all go to hell and fucking DIE! Ok, Scott Ian's in SOD. So what. Anthrax is the band mentioned and they should be raped by horses.

Brerathing New Life. Jesus Christ what are you thinking!? :no:

Go fuck yourself dude.
[quote="George Bush"]"I'm President of the United States and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli".[/quote]

Post by MARDUK »

dead forever wrote:Pfft, Kiss/anthrax > marduk 10000000000 times
Whatever douchebag. :roll:

People clearly don't understand that it's not only because of the band I choose the name MARDUK(though I discovered it through them), it's because of the meaning.

Marduk is a good band thought. Want proof? Listen to Opus Nocturne or Panzer Division. :fu:

Post by dead forever »

MARDUK wrote:
dead forever wrote:Pfft, Kiss/anthrax > marduk 10000000000 times
Whatever douchebag. :roll:

People clearly don't understand that it's not only because of the band I choose the name MARDUK(though I discovered it through them), it's because of the meaning.

Marduk is a good band thought. Want proof? Listen to Opus Nocturne or Panzer Division. :fu:

Panzer division marduk is a fucking joke of an album,as are the band, you are not educating me on anything, i judged that band a long time before you showed up here.
MARDUK
Hail Dimebag

Post by MARDUK »

dead forever wrote:Panzer division marduk is a fucking joke of an album,as are the band, you are not educating me on anything, i judged that band a long time before you showed up here.
Well, I can't make you like the album of course, but do you even like black metal..?

Post by Deleted User 1 »

MARDUK wrote:
dead forever wrote:Panzer division marduk is a fucking joke of an album,as are the band, you are not educating me on anything, i judged that band a long time before you showed up here.
Well, I can't make you like the album of course, but do you even like black metal..?
Marduk sucks cock you nazi wannabe piece of shit.
"I cut her from one stinking hole to the next just like connect the dots" - dax riggs
Deleted User 1
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Deleted User 1 »

Goatwhore and Ritual Killer fucking own Marduk.
"I cut her from one stinking hole to the next just like connect the dots" - dax riggs
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

MARDUK wrote:
I listen to windir, immortal, burzum, darkthrone, emperor,old satyricon,mayhem and alot of other bm bands, and have done for a good 3 or 4 years.
MARDUK
Hail Dimebag

Post by MARDUK »

dead forever wrote:
MARDUK wrote:
I listen to windir, immortal, burzum, darkthrone, emperor,old satyricon,mayhem and alot of other bm bands, and have done for a good 3 or 4 years.
Oh well different taste I guess, though I like Burzum, old Emperor, satyricon and old Mayhem.

Windir and Immortal is a bit overrated. Actually, Windir ain't Black Metal. They only sing about mountains and nature. Oh, and that goes for Immortal as well. They don't call themselves Black Metal. Musically they are, but lyrically they aren't. Black Metal is 50% lyrics and 50% music.

I would call those two bands extreme metal. A relatively new term that suits them well.

Post by dead forever »

MARDUK wrote:
dead forever wrote:
MARDUK wrote:
Oh well different taste I guess, though I like Burzum, old Emperor, satyricon and old Mayhem.

Windir and Immortal is a bit overrated. Actually, Windir ain't Black Metal. They only sing about mountains and nature. Oh, and that goes for Immortal as well. They don't call themselves Black Metal. Musically they are, but lyrically they aren't. Black Metal is 50% lyrics and 50% music.

I would call those two bands extreme metal. A relatively new term that suits them well.

Pure holocaust is black metal, old immortal has black metal lyrics
windir have folk style lyrics but the music is very much black metal , and i would say the lyrics only make up a small fraction of it, if you think of it that way then you could consider mayhem gore metal because of death crush, chainsaw gutsfuck etc, and they are clearly black metal.
MARDUK
Hail Dimebag

Post by MARDUK »

dead forever wrote:Pure holocaust is black metal, old immortal has black metal lyrics
windir have folk style lyrics but the music is very much black metal , and i would say the lyrics only make up a small fraction of it, if you think of it that way then you could consider mayhem gore metal because of death crush, chainsaw gutsfuck etc, and they are clearly black metal.
The first two Immortal records are Black Metal, I agree. But they went further away from black Metal on every record. Battles In The North for example is about some kind of magic kingdom that Abbath and Demonaz made up. :lol: ..and snow. :roll: (decent record though :tup: )

Lyrics ARE 50% of Black Metal.
So if a christian band play "Burzum music" with christian lyrics, it's Black Metal? No way.

I'm not getting into the "Is DEATHCRUSH gore metal!?", "Is Venom Black Metal!?", "Is Mercyful Fate black metal!?" dicussion. I'm not. Period.