Dimebag Warhead Stack

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

of course a tube amp is louder, the tubes are there so you can push the amp and make it louder. the best solid state amp is probably the line6 vettaII and at this moment is the only good solid state amp.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

TK wrote:
aeon wrote:
TK wrote:
Pantera420 wrote:
TK wrote:
stillborn wrote:
aeon wrote:Horrible amp.
cyz u suck
perfect amp
300 W
pure ass-kicking thing
really nice but expensive
300 watts dont mean shit,ive seen guitarists playing 50 watt amps and cutting through at a venue.Only kids who want to be loud need a 300 watt amp.
300 watts SS = about 100 watts tube
100 watts is 100 watts you dumbfucks,a tube amp just sounds louder.
What the fuck are you talking about?
These guys think a SS amp of 100 watts is less powerfull than 100 watt tube.
It is.
Pantera420
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Pantera420 »

Wrona you fucking idiot :no:
Individual Thought Patterns
Zivi
BOOM headshot!

Post by Zivi »

100W RMS are still 100W RMS, tubes just just seem to be luder and more harmonic at high levels.
Panterachat get your metal pestilence. Arbuckle hospital. Iron from 1920s. Aheels. Seals hockey. Evan lysacek personal life. Bbb certified at home ...
Pantera420
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Pantera420 »

that's not what i'm saying. 300 watts SS = 100 watts tube VOLUME wise
Individual Thought Patterns
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Pantera420 wrote:that's not what i'm saying. 300 watts SS = 100 watts tube VOLUME wise
100 watts is 100 watts,tubes only SOUND louder,do i have to put sound in size 72 bold print
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

Pantera420 wrote:Wrona you fucking idiot :no:
:lll:
[quote="STEVE COFFEY"] SYCROTES FACT #285: I like gettin' fucked[/quote]
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

aeon wrote:
stillborn wrote:
cyz u suck
perfect amp
300 W
pure ass-kicking thing
Hey dickhead, 300 watts of solid state is the equivalent of 100 watts of tube. It's nothing special. Get your head out of Dimebag Darrell's ass. The amp sucks dick, that's why he didn't use it.
HAHAHA...Hey hardon lets assume you've actually heard the stack up close, and used your 'devine' intellect to ajust it, but it still sucks balls...gotcha :roll: ...this amp isnt just some mass produced piece of shit that Dime just slapped his name on, he designed the fucking thing....and basically what your saying is he did such a horrible job at designing it, that he decided not to use it? Help me find the logic here...

Now i will agree that the clean tones are a bit muddy...unlike the warmth and brightness an all tube Mesa style amp can offer...but they do well enough... I haven't heard an amp (solid state, or tube) that has the sheer power this thing does. 4x12's and 2x15's provides a huge amount of low end...another very cool aspect of this rig...
Get killed.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Jefferino wrote:
aeon wrote:
stillborn wrote:
cyz u suck
perfect amp
300 W
pure ass-kicking thing
Hey dickhead, 300 watts of solid state is the equivalent of 100 watts of tube. It's nothing special. Get your head out of Dimebag Darrell's ass. The amp sucks dick, that's why he didn't use it.
HAHAHA...Hey hardon lets assume you've actually heard the stack up close, and used your 'devine' intellect to ajust it, but it still sucks balls...gotcha :roll: ...this amp isnt just some mass produced piece of shit that Dime just slapped his name on, he designed the fucking thing....and basically what your saying is he did such a horrible job at designing it, that he decided not to use it? Help me find the logic here...

Now i will agree that the clean tones are a bit muddy...unlike the warmth and brightness an all tube Mesa style amp can offer...but they do well enough... I haven't heard an amp (solid state, or tube) that has the sheer power this thing does. 4x12's and 2x15's provides a huge amount of low end...another very cool aspect of this rig...
Hey, dumbass. He never used the amp. He didn't design it. He only put his name on it so it would sell to stupid fucking fanboy's like you.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Well first of all fuckstick I dont even own it... and what makes you think he didnt design it or play it? I would really like to hear this one.

1999 Press Release
--
Randall Amplifiers, a division of Washburn International is proud to introduce the newest component of the Dimebag Darrell signature line. On October 1, Randall will begin shipping the long awaited Warhead Amplifier and Full Stack.

Designed in close conjunction with the legendary guitar shredder, the Warhead combines all the unstoppable gain, unique effects, and brutal power of Dime's actual touring rig in one compact amplifier design.

The Warhead itself sports 300 watts of stereo power. The gain circuit was specifically modified by Dime to deliver his trademark slashing distortion. As if more were needed, Randall and Dime include 16 digital effects specifically tailored to round out this truly impressive sonic package. Customized graphics and Dime's signature complete an amplifier that is sure to thrill guitar player the world over.

The cabinetry that compliments the amps is as unique and powerful as the Warhead itself. The top half are 4 12" Celestion Vintage 30's with a built in crossover, designed to deliver all the high gain attack you need. Underneath are 2 15" 60 watt Jaguars for that signature chest rattling bottom end that defines Dimebag's sound. Stainless steel front baffels and 13 gauge custom grill work produce a combination that looks brutal as it sounds.

For delivery information, contact your nearest Randall dealer or call 1-800- US SOUND for more information.
Get killed.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

When i saw them on the RTS tour, he was using them...

My eyes arent too good, hey Aeon whats behind Dime in this picture?

and this one? ... those must be cardboard cutouts, and he's got his real amps, behind the stage?

haha! the madness continues...

I know you think you know everything....but you dont PAL.
Get killed.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Douchebag, he never used them. There was a thread about this maybe a year ago. There is even pictures with his real rig behind the empty 4x12's. Not to mention he isn't the only guitarist who does this.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

aeon wrote:Douchebag, he never used them. There was a thread about this maybe a year ago. There is even pictures with his real rig behind the empty 4x12's. Not to mention he isn't the only guitarist who does this.
Id like to see those pics...although I dont think you can produce them....
also seems like a pretty elaborate scheme to sell amps, but hey...you know everything Aeon....so I guess Ill just have to take your word for it. :roll:
Get killed.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

all of his cabs have vintage 30's anyway, why goto all the trouble of having a fake line of cabinets.
Get killed.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

hes endorsed. the company wants people to see hes using their product, that way people will think that he will sound like him if they use it. even if he is endorsed, it doesnt mean that he doesnt ever use anything else.

now im not 100% sure if dime actually had his real rig behind the wall of amps but i wouldnt be entirely surprised.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

supposing he did use decoy heads, you cant really criticize his cabs...
Get killed.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

cool...?
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

he used a randall rig backstage, he never used the warheads.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

he didnt help design it, he never used it....Randall completely undermined him, and used his Dimebag name to sell AMPs... :|):

I stand corrected. :roll:
Get killed.
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

that's right bitch
Chris
I will fuck you up

Post by Chris »

Jefferino wrote:
aeon wrote:Douchebag, he never used them. There was a thread about this maybe a year ago. There is even pictures with his real rig behind the empty 4x12's. Not to mention he isn't the only guitarist who does this.
also seems like a pretty elaborate scheme to sell amps, but hey...you know everything Aeon....so I guess Ill just have to take your word for it. :roll:

viewtopic.php?t=2551

to be fair though, those pics were from before the warhead was made, and theres some other pics of warheads wired up backstage, so maybe he did use them. i read an interview with dime where he said he used a prototype warhead on TGSTK, maybe he was bullshiting, who knows.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Jefferino wrote:all of his cabs have vintage 30's anyway, why goto all the trouble of having a fake line of cabinets.
Dude he could have the road manager call and have a whole new backline behind his ass in a few days from randall,its all mass produced.His heads were not warheads that you could buy at musicians horror or jacks used guitars.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

hippy wrote:that's right bitch
:|
Get killed.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Chris wrote:
Jefferino wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=2551

to be fair though, those pics were from before the warhead was made, and theres some other pics of warheads wired up backstage, so maybe he did use them. i read an interview with dime where he said he used a prototype warhead on TGSTK, maybe he was bullshiting, who knows.

Of course he was bullshitting, Dimebag is a crazy bullshitter. Anyone who uses an AMP that they helped create, is an idiot IMO. :roll:
Get killed.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

He never used the Warheads, for any recording or any live event.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

aeon wrote:He never used the Warheads, for any recording or any live event.
I could be wrong about this too, but I dont think he ever used Washburn guitars either...
Get killed.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

He used the Washburn Guitars, obviously. He never used the Warheads.
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

Yeah its a funny thing because why would dime want to use Krank amps? I dont know anything about Krank amps but for dime to just switch right after his warhead 2 came out... diaaaaam
[quote="STEVE COFFEY"] SYCROTES FACT #285: I like gettin' fucked[/quote]
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

Gnarkiller wrote:Yeah its a funny thing because why would dime want to use Krank amps? I
because krank amps sound good.
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Gnarkiller wrote:Yeah its a funny thing because why would dime want to use Krank amps? I dont know anything about Krank amps but for dime to just switch right after his warhead 2 came out... diaaaaam
I dont think it has much to do with the Amps themselves, he also went back to Deans. Randall and Washburn are the same company, he probably lost both of his endorsements due to the Pantera split.
Get killed.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

aeon wrote:He used the Washburn Guitars, obviously. He never used the Warheads.
Either way- the whole point of this thread was IMO Warheads kick ass. I find it hard to believe any of you that've criticized it, have stood anywhere near this amp while its being played, or you might have a different point of view. If you have, and still think they suck, well....agree to disagree...I dont fuckin know... :? But ive seen the thing stomp a Mesa Boogie Dual Recifier like a little bug.
Get killed.
InfernalEmpire
Far Beyond Driven

Post by InfernalEmpire »

I've heard one being played by some local death metal band. I was anxious to hear it because I had wanted one for a while but was unimpressed to say the least. Sure, he might have had the EQ set for shit, but in my experience it sucked.

Also new Mesas suck anyhow. Not hard to stomp them.

Get an old 5150 block letter or sell your house for an ENGL Powerball. :|):
\m/ VADER \m/
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

The original warheads are fucking shite, and no dime didnt use them, it was a dummy rig, this is a well known fact

The warhead X2's on the other hand from what i know are very good, and there are pics/videos of him playing through them floating around, so i definately believe he used them at some point, probably behind his usual warhead dummy rig

He definately used those krank amps in the last couple of months though
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

I can definately understand why a lot of you dont like it....it lacks flexability in some aspects, and you dont set up the EQ, well enough, and balance the gain's, levels, and master volume, it could definately sound like shit- but for the raw power, and the blood curdling distortion IMO it kicks ass....
Get killed.
BEER CFH
Creampuff

Post by BEER CFH »

:tup:
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Can you all shut the fuck up and quit arguing about what desmond g baggins used for one fucking month?
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

There was no need for a 2+ year old thread to come back.
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Re: 1

Post by Muffin »

BEER CFH wrote::tup:
BEER CFH
Creampuff

:shock:
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Jefferino wrote:I find it hard to believe any of you that've criticized it, have stood anywhere near this amp while its being played
How fucking goddamn hard is that to believe?
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
Metal66
Trendkiller

Post by Metal66 »

Gnarkiller wrote:
Pantera420 wrote:Wrona you fucking idiot :no:
:lll:
[quote="Avulsed"]Some white girl I met in summer school said she got pregnant from a black man so she threw herself down the stairs twice.[/quote]