Strapping Young Lad May 14th Vancouver, Commodoore Ballroom

Have some tour dates? Got a concert review? Its all in here....
FUBAR
Grass God

Strapping Young Lad May 14th Vancouver, Commodoore Ballroom

Post by FUBAR »

INSANE! We went and stood in line at about 6 30, doors opened at 7 and there wasnt many people there yet. I looked over and saw a behemoth human walking down the road and sure enough it was Mr. Gene Hoglan. Nobody was even talking to him so I called him over and I shook hands with him and we bullshitted for about 10 minutes which was cool, I asked for an autograph but didnt have a pen, he said not to worry about it because hed be around all night, and sure enough he eventually came over to my table during an opening band and signed my ticket stub :aargh:

Anyways, the opening band Reflux sucked, just standard hardcore boring shit. The Agony Scene had some cool songs but were fairly boring and misery signal was the same, a few notable headbangable parts but still pretty timid, I just wanted to see SYL. SYL finally came out and they were fucking ON! This is about what the setlist looked like:
Info Dump (intro)
Imperial
Skeksis
Velvet Kevorkian
All Hail the New Flesh
Oh My Fucking God
Love?
S.Y.L.
In the Rainy Season
Relentless
Shine
Aftermath
Shitstorm
Detox (encore)
actually they played say what you will by Fastway before Detox too which was cool.

highlites were of course meeting Gene, Devin kept blowing his nose and having long strings of snot hanging from his nose as he played :lol: when he introduced the band he introduced them by describing their penis's, for example "behind the drums, packing what looks to be a babys arm clutching a granny smith apple, Mr Gene Hoglan". He was fuckin hilarious all night, he did "Im Rick James bitch" chorus which was funny as hell. The pit was violent as fuck, my friend got in a fight right off the bat and headbutted the shit outta some guy knocking him out cold :lol: Anyways fuckin amazing show, I got my moneys worth :)
Captain Blackout
[quote="Wayne"]fubes does nothing but kick ass and cut grass[/quote]
Go Leafs Go
Pantera420
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Pantera420 »

:tup:
Individual Thought Patterns
charlie
formerly known as threak

Re: Strapping Young Lad May 14th Vancouver, Commodoore Ballr

Post by charlie »

FUBAR wrote:INSANE! We went and stood in line at about 6 30, doors opened at 7 and there wasnt many people there yet. I looked over and saw a behemoth human walking down the road and sure enough it was Mr. Gene Hoglan. Nobody was even talking to him so I called him over and I shook hands with him and we bullshitted for about 10 minutes which was cool, I asked for an autograph but didnt have a pen, he said not to worry about it because hed be around all night, and sure enough he eventually came over to my table during an opening band and signed my ticket stub :aargh:

Anyways, the opening band Reflux sucked, just standard hardcore boring shit. The Agony Scene had some cool songs but were fairly boring and misery signal was the same, a few notable headbangable parts but still pretty timid, I just wanted to see SYL. SYL finally came out and they were fucking ON! This is about what the setlist looked like:
Info Dump (intro)
Imperial
Skeksis
Velvet Kevorkian
All Hail the New Flesh
Oh My Fucking God
Love?
S.Y.L.
In the Rainy Season
Relentless
Shine
Aftermath
Shitstorm
Detox (encore)
actually they played say what you will by Fastway before Detox too which was cool.

highlites were of course meeting Gene, Devin kept blowing his nose and having long strings of snot hanging from his nose as he played :lol: when he introduced the band he introduced them by describing their penis's, for example "behind the drums, packing what looks to be a babys arm clutching a granny smith apple, Mr Gene Hoglan". He was fuckin hilarious all night, he did "Im Rick James bitch" chorus which was funny as hell. The pit was violent as fuck, my friend got in a fight right off the bat and headbutted the shit outta some guy knocking him out cold :lol: Anyways fuckin amazing show, I got my moneys worth :)
I hate faggots who fuck around and get too over violent in pits.Last time i saw Nile, Dying fetus were playing and i usually stand on the out skirts of the pit cos you can get a good view.Well this over excited dick decided to start windmilling next to all of us who were just standing still having a good time watching the show, he hit me in the face twice so i punched him in the chest, shoved him on the ground and then pulled him back up by his neck.I made him apoligise whilst he was pleading for me to calm down, then me and my friend sent him away.
GRIM
FUBAR
Grass God

Post by FUBAR »

yea the other guy punched my friend in the back of the head, bad idea.
Captain Blackout
Go Leafs Go
jasmin
MinMon

Post by jasmin »

cooooooooooooooooooooool! :D
Strange Machines
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

Sounds good man, solid set-list :tup:
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
FUBAR
Grass God

Post by FUBAR »

Lager wrote:Sounds good man, solid set-list :tup:
it was amazing man.
Captain Blackout
Go Leafs Go
Subzero
Rock Dealer

Post by Subzero »

That sounds like an absolutely horrible time.
AlphaOmegaCFH
Mouth For War

Post by AlphaOmegaCFH »

Subzero wrote:That sounds like an absolutely horrible time.
:lol:
Those Who Trumpet Their Sufferings are Usually the Ones Most Deserving Of Agony -Dave Brockie

[quote="Isis"]hahahahaha I thought you were gonna say it's not big enough to fill up your monstrous snatch. heh sorry, my bad.[/quote]
BMFOhio
Rod Stewart

Post by BMFOhio »

people who fight over getting hit in the pit = faggot
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]
Luckily I am Frodo and I win.[/quote]
Subzero
Rock Dealer

Post by Subzero »

BMFOhio wrote:people who fight over getting hit in the pit = faggot
Fights are awesome though.
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

i take it you got your ass kicked in a pit.
GRIM
Subzero
Rock Dealer

Post by Subzero »

threak wrote:
i take it you got your ass kicked in a pit.
We all take it you get your ass kicked everywhere you go.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

I think pits are one big jackoff session. Im there for the music, not to be wheeled out on a stretcher.
Get killed.
FUBAR
Grass God

Post by FUBAR »

someone puched him in the head, he beat the piss outta him, game over.
Captain Blackout
Go Leafs Go