Iced Earth with Sons of Liberty

Have some tour dates? Got a concert review? Its all in here....
Hailblaze
Welfare Abuser

Iced Earth with Sons of Liberty

Post by Hailblaze »

ICED EARTH / SONS OF LIBERTY, SEPTEMBER 2010

Fri/SEP.10.2010 - Washington DC - 9:30 Club
Tue/SEP.21.2010 - Chicago IL - House of Blues
Thu/SEP.23.2010 - New York NY - Nokia Theater Times Square
Sat/SEP.25.2010 - West Hollywood CA - House of Blues

Iced Earth is also playing the texasborn cruise.
Hailblaze
Welfare Abuser

Re: Iced Earth with Sons of Liberty

Post by Hailblaze »

ICED EARTH Mainman Promises 'Surprises' On Upcoming Mini-Tour
When Jon Schaffer does something, he does it right. Like creating an eclectic, fan-favorite set list for ICED EARTH's upcoming limited-engagement U.S. tour.

"I wanted to give fans something really special," Schaffer said. "So I put together songs that include some we've rarely played live before, and at least one that reaches back to our first album. Even longtime fans of ICED EARTH are going to be surprised."

ICED EARTH kicks off its four-city U.S. tour on September 10 in Washington DC, followed by Chicago (September 21), New York (September 23), and West Hollywood (September 25).

The touring lineup for ICED EARTH will be

Jon Schaffer - Rhythm and Lead Guitars, Backing Vocals
Matt Barlow - Lead and Backing Vocals
Brent Smedley - Drums
Troy Seele - Lead Guitar
Freddie Vidales - Bass Guitar

But the setlist isn't the only treat in store for fans of ICED EARTH. Schaffer's SONS OF LIBERTY band, featuring Schaffer on lead vocals, makes its live debut on this tour.

"SONS OF LIBERTY is a project that is near and dear to my heart," Schaffer said. "I'm very passionate about it. This is an opportunity for me to speak directly to the people. Hopefully, I can inspire them to look into the message and wake up to what is going on around them."

He continued: "This isn't about me thinking I'm a great singer or front man. In fact, through the rehearsing process my respect has only grown for Matt. Doing lead vocals presents a whole new set of challenges for me."

According to Schaffer, the response to his SONS OF LIBERTY album, "Brush-Fires of the Mind", has been overwhelming. It was only officially released on July 13, but already tens of thousands of copies have been sold and given away on his web site. Hundreds more are downloaded every week.

But as popular as SONS OF LIBERTY has become, it's ICED EARTH that takes center stage this month.

"We haven't been this energized and passionate in a long time," Schaffer said. "We are definitely going to kick ass, and have a lot of fun doing it."

Preparing for the four-city tour isn't all that's been keeping Schaffer busy these days. He's also working on a new ICED EARTH album (scheduled for release next spring), a live DVD (scheduled for release before the end of this year), and a special project he will only say fans will "freakin' love."

The soon-to-be-released DVD is called "Festivals Of The Wicked". It features full-length concerts from several European festivals — namely Wacken Open Air in 2007 (with Tim "Ripper" Owens on lead vocals); and Metalcamp and Rock Hard in 2008 (with Matt Barlow on lead vocals) — a rockin' road movie, a long interview with Jon, and more.

To help him with his many projects, Schaffer recently hired veteran writer Bill Murphy, owner of PurpleCrayon Direct (a marketing and public relations consulting firm that specializes in working with people who make their living in the arts) as global publicity director for ICED EARTH and SONS OF LIBERTY. Murphy's first task was to create an official ICED EARTH Facebook page, and help Jon and his management team create clear and concise communications strategies for ICED EARTH and SONS OF LIBERTY.

Schaffer formed ICED EARTH in Tampa, Florida, in 1984. Since then, he has released 10 studio albums, one live album, two compilations, and three boxed sets. With worldwide sales topping one million albums, ICED EARTH has earned a seat in the pantheon of America's most successful heavy-metal bands.
Bodom J (2)
Hail Dimebag

Post by Bodom J (2) »

I have never seen iced earth in tour! Of my top 5 favorite bands, the only one I have seen is megadeth :(
Bar Rat
How much do you Bench?

Post by Bar Rat »

Are the Sons of Liberty a biker club?
Suns out, guns out!
Hailblaze
Welfare Abuser

Post by Hailblaze »

Sons of liberty is one of shafers side projects. Basically its a bunch of patriotic ballads mixed with some iced earthish heavyness... Definitely happy I only had to see 3 of their songs. Heres the set list for Iced Earth.
Hailblaze
Welfare Abuser

Post by Hailblaze »

Bodom J (2)
Hail Dimebag

Post by Bodom J (2) »

not a very good setlist. Why are the playing so much material from the non barlow eras? A band like iced earth has such a huge catalog it is shocking they don't play more songs than that.
Hailblaze
Welfare Abuser

Post by Hailblaze »

They played pretty much every ballad/slow song, many of which I had not heard live until then. I was disappointed no dantes inferno or stormrider but seeing em with barlow was way better then the only other time I saw em which was with tim the ripper owens.
Bigval
Beanerwop

Post by Bigval »

I'll pass on this tour. I have seen almost every Iced Earth Chicago show since 2003.

I am all that is man.
[21:29] utsadeli: i thought this chick i used to work with mexican i talked to her in spanish
[21:29] utsadeli: untill she told me she was hawaiian and i was like oh schitt my bad lol
[21:29] utsadeli: that went on for 2 months