Big Four playing together for first time

Have some tour dates? Got a concert review? Its all in here....
charlie
formerly known as threak

Big Four playing together for first time

Post by charlie »

SLAYER, MEGADETH, ANTHRAX Members Comment On 'Big Four' European Festival Appearances - Dec. 14, 2009
The worldwide web has been abound with speculation on a possible "Big Four" tour for several months. Now, the Sonisphere can exclusively reveal that METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH and ANTHRAX will play together for the first time in history, in a move that will have metalheads across the globe frenzied with excitement.

"It's about fucking time this happened," says SLAYER's Kerry King, "and about time the fans finally get what they want. This is fucking awesome."

ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian agrees, commenting on the enormity of the announcement. "People have been talking about these four bands playing together since 1984," he says. "That's twenty-six years of expectation!! And the thing is, I believe not only will we live up to the expectations, we will shatter them! No other four bands as influential as the four of us have ever done this. Imagine if THE BEATLES, STONES, THE WHO and ZEPPELIN had done shows? Or SABBATH, PRIEST, MAIDEN, MOTÖRHEAD? Well, I may be getting into some rarified air here but as a fan, that's how big I feel this is."

These four legendary acts broke out of the underground thrash movement to dominate the metal worl in the 1980s, selling millions of records and packing arenas across the globe. The metal giants have never before all shared the same stage, despite huge demand. But on June 16, 2010, METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH and ANTHRAX will take to the Sonisphere stage at Bemowo Airport, Poland, to make the dreams of headbangers the world over become a reality. A second Big Four appearance is planned for Sonisphere Czech Republic three days later, with more Sonisphere shows featuring the awesome combo to be announced in the coming days and weeks.

"This is a 'once-in-a-lifetime' opportunity for heavy metal fans to see the four greatest heavy metal bands in American history back together on one stage," concludes MEGADETH main man Dave Mustaine. "If there are any heads left at the end of this festival that haven't banged, they don't belong there."

Tickets are available from www.sonispherefestivals.com.

Should be working at both of these :tup:
GRIM
Bar Rat
How much do you Bench?

Post by Bar Rat »

Great. Of all places to have this, they choose Warsaw. :tdown: They'll think twice about that decision after the water cannon truck pumps about 10,000 gallons of water down their throat.
Suns out, guns out!
Villecore
Bottom Feeder

Post by Villecore »

This would only be cool if they all plays 80's stuff exclusively (except for Anthrax, playing 90's stuff exclusively).

The last great album any of those bands made was We've Come For You All.

Don't even fucking start with me, either. Endgame and Death Magnetic were "okay", not great. :fu:

As for Slayer's output of late... :lol:
[quote]calm down dude, drink some water take a nap, and when you wake up it will all be over and normal again
(i hope so for ya)

:Oo:[/quote]
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

after all the bands denied this would happen, it comes true.

this is why fans(including myself) take "rumors" posted on blabbermouth more seriously than what the bands tell us.

edit- besides, this tour is gonna make too much money to pass up. if it comes to america, this would be the ONLY circumstance of me going to a metallica show.
rObsessed!
Smkiller
Hail Dimebag

Post by Smkiller »

This tour's gonna suck soooooooo bad.
Villecore
Bottom Feeder

Post by Villecore »

Mind made up. Not going.

:zzz:

Wake me up when the REAL big 4 of 80's thrash (Sodom, Kreator, Testament, and Hirax) tour. :tup:
[quote]calm down dude, drink some water take a nap, and when you wake up it will all be over and normal again
(i hope so for ya)

Zivi
BOOM headshot!

Post by Zivi »

Villecore wrote:Mind made up. Not going.

Wake me up when the REAL big 4 of 80's thrash (Sodom, Kreator, Testament, and Hirax) tour. :tup:
Sodom, Kreator and Destruction did a tour together.
Panterachat get your metal pestilence. Arbuckle hospital. Iron from 1920s. Aheels. Seals hockey. Evan lysacek personal life. Bbb certified at home ...
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

Post by Lord of This World »

This is going to be the largest gathering of faggots ever, Scott Ian being King of the Faggots. That asshat is such a fucking douche. The only good music in those discographies are Metallica's first four albums, Slayer's Reign In Blood, and "Holy Wars" by Megadeth. The rest is absolute shit.
stoic wrote:good news...everyone took that at face value and immediately stopped thinking you're a scared dork fuck.
MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

Post by MetalStrikesDown »

Hirax part of a "Big" group? Yea ok. I think they are good but they were never that big. The reason it is called that is because they were the most popular ones. Plus the Big German Three were Sodom, Kreator, and Destruction
Villecore
Bottom Feeder

Post by Villecore »

MetalStrikesDown wrote:

Hirax part of a "Big" group? Yea ok. I think they are good but they were never that big. The reason it is called that is because they were the most popular ones. Plus the Big German Three were Sodom, Kreator, and Destruction
That's my own little personal Big 4. So, in my solipsist world, the only Big 4 that matters. :D Which bands sell the most records or stadium seats don't mean shit to me.
(i hope so for ya)