U.K.'s DAMNATION FESTIVAL 2009

Have some tour dates? Got a concert review? Its all in here....
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

U.K.'s DAMNATION FESTIVAL 2009

Post by Lumber Jack Off »

Grindcore 'Supergroup' LOCK UP To Perform At U.K.'s DAMNATION FESTIVAL - July 22, 2009

Grindcore supergroup LOCK UP will headline the Terrorizer Stage at the U.K.'s Damnation Festival, set to take place Saturday, October 24 at Leeds University Union. This will be the band's only show of 2009 and will likely mark their last-ever live appearance.

The almost mythical extreme metal behemoth — which will feature AT THE GATES frontman Tomas Lindberg, Anton Reisenegger of PENTAGRAM and CRIMINAL on guitar, NAPALM DEATH bassist Shane Embury and ex-DIMMU BORGIR and TESTAMENT drummer Nick Barker — will perform live in the U.K. for the first time in almost ten years.

Commented Embury: "LOCK UP has not played the U.K. since the summer of 2000 when we did a small tour with Poland's DECAPITATED. In fact, the band has only ever done around 15 shows since we formed ten years ago.

"We have had so many requests over the years from fans to play again that we thought, 'Let's get off our arses and do this one last time.'

"So our appearance at this year's Damnation Festival will be a total '7 Churches on vinyl or fuck off!' exclusive show.

"This may well be the last show the band plays, ever, so don't miss out on what I hope will be a night to be remembered!"

Barker added: "Damnation will mark the live debut of new guitarist Anton Reisenegger from the Chilean underground death metal legends PENTAGRAM and Anglo/Chilean death/thrash band CRIMINAL.

"Reisenegger replaces the late Jesse Pintado who sadly passed away in August 2006."

The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

LOCK UP
THERAPY?
DESTRUCTION
ELECTRIC WIZARD
JESU
ROTTING CHRIST
THIS WILL DESTROY YOU
AKERCOCKE
A STORM OF LIGHT
MISTRESS
NEGURA BUNGET
MINSK
EXTREME NOISE TERROR
MANATEES
THE GATES OF SLUMBER
AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR
CHARGER
STAND-UP GUY
RINOA

For more information, visit www.damnationfestival.co.uk
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
The Morbid Angel Board has a new address.
come check it out.
rapidshare :no: :fu:
Eibon
Umeå Hardcore

Post by Eibon »

DESTRUCTION :aargh:
som en grop fylld av blinda hundar som äter sin egen avföring. en avgrund där stanken är så tät att man inte kan andas.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Eibon wrote:DESTRUCTION :aargh:
Exactly what I thought. If I could go, I'd go just for them.
Agua Moose
Lynch Mob

Post by Agua Moose »

Electric Wizard :tup:
This Will Destroy You :tup:
[quote="DBS"]agua moose is probably the best poster here. he fucking rules.[/quote]