GWAR, Priestess, & Cattle Decapitation

Have some tour dates? Got a concert review? Its all in here....
MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

GWAR, Priestess, & Cattle Decapitation

Post by MetalStrikesDown »

It can't be easy to open for one of the most notorious live bands in the world and to put up with their bloodthirsty fanbase, but deathgrinders CATTLE DECAPITATION and retro-rockers PRIESTESS both think they're up for the task. GWAR is taking both bands out on their upcoming jaunt, where we're sure to see what happens when a band that writes about killing humans (and has an awesome new album) meets a band that dismembers people onstage. Dates and our ODERUS URUNGUS interview (from the set of the "School's Out" video) are after the jump.

5/2 East Rutherford, NJ @ Meadowlands Sports Complex
5/3 Providence, RI @ Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel
5/4 Orono, ME @ 103 Ultra Lounge
5/5 Boston, MA @ House of Blues Boston
5/7 Allentown, PA @ Crocodile Rock
5/8 Millvale, PA @ Mr. Small's Theatre
5/9 Cincinnati, OH @ Bogarts
5/10 Traverse City, MI @ The Termnal
5/11 Dekalb, IL @ Otto's Niteclub
5/12 East Peoria, IL @ East Peoria Event Center
5/14 Springfield, MO @ Remmington's Downtown
5/15 Nashville, TN @ Exit/In
5/16 Jackson, MS @ Club Fire
5/17 Knoxville, TN @ Valarium
5/19 Fayetteville, NC @ Jesters Pub
5/20 Jacksonville, NC @ Hooligans
MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

Re: GWAR, Priestess, & Cattle Decapitation

MetalStrikesDown wrote:5/11 Dekalb, IL @ Otto's Niteclub
Me, myself, and I are going to this show. :aargh:
BMFOhio
Rod Stewart

Post by BMFOhio »

I'll be in Cincy, and Priestess ruled last time I saw them open for GWAR :tup:
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]
Luckily I am Frodo and I win.[/quote]
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

Post by Lumber Jack Off »

heh, first time I sae Cattle they were opening for Gwar back in 2002. they were nothing special then. nowadays however, cattle decap fucking owns. this tour will be awesome. :tup:
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
The Morbid Angel Board has a new address.
come check it out.
rapidshare :no: :fu:
ImaginaryEntity
Show Me Your Tits

Post by ImaginaryEntity »

Blah, I can't make it to the Cinci or Nashville shows :tdown:
Bar Rat
How much do you Bench?

Post by Bar Rat »

MetalStrikesDown wrote:
Another fine establishment....I barely remember that place but isn't it kinda small for Gwar's theatrics?
Suns out, guns out!
MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

Bar Rat wrote:
MetalStrikesDown wrote:
Another fine establishment....I barely remember that place but isn't it kinda small for Gwar's theatrics?
I was wondering how big the place was. Considering since it is on Rt 38 in Dekalb I didn't think it would be too big. I was at The Hosue Cafe for a show not too long ago and that place was small. But do you think they will have enough room for a good stage show? I have yet to see GWAR but I want the show to be good.
buck satan
Baldy

Post by buck satan »

I've seen gwar in a small club and a large club. It's better in a large club, but everyone gets soaked in a small place. No room to hide. :tup:
Robert M ByrdFinally passed a math class after 8 tries in a 14 year period of going to college off and on.
Bar Rat
How much do you Bench?

Post by Bar Rat »

MetalStrikesDown wrote:
Bar Rat wrote:
MetalStrikesDown wrote:
I was wondering how big the place was. Considering since it is on Rt 38 in Dekalb I didn't think it would be too big. I was at The Hosue Cafe for a show not too long ago and that place was small. But do you think they will have enough room for a good stage show? I have yet to see GWAR but I want the show to be good.
Last time I was there was in 2002 and I was seeing a KISS tribute band. I don't believe they even played on a stage but there has to be one in that place somewhere.
Suns out, guns out!
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

Post by Lumber Jack Off »

Bar Rat wrote:
MetalStrikesDown wrote:
Bar Rat wrote:
MetalStrikesDown wrote:
Last time I was there was in 2002 and I was seeing a KISS tribute band. I don't believe they even played on a stage but there has to be one in that place somewhere.
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... D=92435463
doesn't look that small. not much of stage, but i'm sure gwar can manage

i saw them once at a venue that wasn't even a concert venue. they actually played on the floor of a dance club with fans surrounded the "stage" on various tiers that surrounded the floor (normally where table and chairs would be for clubbers to overlook the dance floor). and unless you were in the first few rows you couldn't really see shit. I remember a lot of fights breaking out because people were trying to push forward just to see the band....who was playing below them. after that concert, I never had high expectations for a concert again.

I found this article that sums up the entire experience quite well:

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/2002-10 ... -of-blood/
"You couldn't see anything," reports a long-time fan who eventually found a riser near the bar to stand on. "I saw the top of their heads, that's it. People were walking out saying, 'If they ever book another show in here, I'm not coming.' It was just a fiasco. The band came out, and Brockie yelled, 'Before we play a single note, I just want you to know this is the most fucked-up show I've ever played in my life!'"
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
The Morbid Angel Board has a new address.
come check it out.
rapidshare :no: :fu:
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

Yeah that doesn't really make sense to have the band BELOW the crowd. GWAR's never disappointed me live, even when we saw them in a small venue that could only hold about 100 people and Brockie was completely wasted as fuck, it was awesome. :tup:
BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR IN CINCY GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR GWAR :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :fu: :tup:
BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
Bodom J
Lynch Mob

Post by Bodom J »

fuck i really wanted to go to this but i have to work the next day, 7 am. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. i go on vacation two days later maybe it will get delayed two days :lol:
Recommended listen:

Artist: Dark Tranquillity
Album: Construct
Song: What Only You Know
BMFOhio
Rod Stewart

Post by BMFOhio »

Awesome show last night. They set up the wrestling ring and had Intergalactic Championship Wrestling :tup:

Setlist highlights for me were: Short History of the End of the World, Rock and Roll Never Felt So Good, Slaughterama, You Ain't Shit Until You Learn How to Rock, The Private Pain of Techno Destructo, and Crush Kill Destroy :aargh:

Oh yeah, Brockie was talking to these girls in line before the show and besides them I was the only one who recognized him. I asked him to get me in for free along with the ladies. Didn't work.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]
Luckily I am Frodo and I win.[/quote]
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

weird line-up. priestess rule though.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.