I'm dissapointed in Marshall

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Armchair Shrink
Creampuff

I'm dissapointed in Marshall

Post by Armchair Shrink »

To be honest, $400 down the drain. The first couple of days I played it, I realized I did not like the overdriven tone. Let me be one of the few to say I hate the Marshall sound. I usually play with a dirtier distortion, more fuzz. The clean channel and noise gate are excellent and it's the loudest 20w I've ever heard. Turning it to a 4 rattles my sperm and gives them hearing damage.

Marshall Valvestate 2000 20watt
RATING: 2/5

On the right side of the pic is the bathroom where the toilet is. The flushing mechanism has malfunctioned leaving a week old fecal creation to rot with nowhere to go.
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

me no like marshall either, well only the low end ones ive played
Once more unto the breech dear friends, for England,Harry and St George!
I'M A FUCKING FAGGOT! NICE COCK DUDE!
Armchair Shrink
Creampuff

Post by Armchair Shrink »

If you play a simple chugging riff, the distortion kinda sounds like knocking on cardboard. I sound better with a brighter, buzz-saw-ier tone.
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Sheldon »

The first and second series Valvestates are awesome amps. Anything after that is a waste of money...as you've found out. Go exchange it for a Peavey XXL.
[i]If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit![/i]

Jackson/Charvel Whore
A Fleeting Glimpse
Cowboy From Hell

Post by A Fleeting Glimpse »

Sheldon wrote:The first and second series Valvestates are awesome amps. Anything after that is a waste of money...as you've found out. Go exchange it for a Peavey XXL.
Or he could get a good amp instead.
Faithfully sardonic since 1982.
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Sheldon »

A Fleeting Glimpse wrote:
Sheldon wrote:The first and second series Valvestates are awesome amps. Anything after that is a waste of money...as you've found out. Go exchange it for a Peavey XXL.
The Peavey is a good amp.
[i]If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit![/i]

Jackson/Charvel Whore
TEX!!!
Creampuff

Post by TEX!!! »

I might just do that Shelly, will probably lose alot a bit of money since it's now "used" even though I played it a handful of times. But the Peavey Studio Pro is about $75 cheaper anyway and it has more bang for the buck. I played it in the store and it sounded fucking great. Or a Line 6 but I'm not too sure about combos...they are Hell to fix and break easily.

Question time: When I hook up my Zoom 505 effects pedal I get (surprisingly) great distortion. But the buzzing and humming is about 50 decibels in itself. Is it just the old cheap-ass pedal or is there some way I can decrease the output so I don't hear the HRMMMMMNNNNNNNMMMMMNNNN?
TEX!!!
Creampuff

Post by TEX!!! »

Peavey's are great in all sizes, just because they're cheaper doesn't mean shit. The Peavey 5150 is still one of the best sounding amps I've ever played with but will never be able to afford.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

the !!! is kind of flamboyant, but whatever
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

i wouldnt go with the peavy studio pro. after some time of abuse ( playing with a band or somehting) the tone starts to distort alot at high volumes and gains and sounds really messy. i dont own one, but a friend of mine has one and its all fucked up.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

dude, 20 watts. what did you expect. trade it in and put it towards a bigger amp.

but holy mother fucker
i walked in my local musicstore last week and they had a new marshall full stack setup. so i asked to try it out and it fucking kicked my ass. for the price, its a good deal id say.
it's a mode four, 350 watts. MF350, MotherFucker350
i am seriously thinking about getting it
... You're killing me, Smalls.
Chewbacca
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Chewbacca »

I just got a new Marshall amp last week. I had a JCM900 for the last 11 years, but after all that gigging and 4 repair jobs later it finally agve up the ghost!

I did'nt want another Valve amp, to fuckin heavy and tempremental! So I thought I'd check out the Marshall Valve state amps. To my suprise ther're good, very good! I ended up getting the cheapest Marshall head you can get, which was not my intension.

Its fuckin brill! I could not believe my ears when I tried it out in the shop. Realy meaty destortion and easy to use onboard effects. When I saw the price I could'nt believe it, 333 Euros, plus its a valve state amp so its light as fuck, and sounds better than the JCM900 which is almost 3 times the cost.
Zivi
BOOM headshot!

Post by Zivi »

:tup:
Panterachat get your metal pestilence. Arbuckle hospital. Iron from 1920s. Aheels. Seals hockey. Evan lysacek personal life. Bbb certified at home ...
Chaosphere
Creampuff

Post by Chaosphere »

Engl makes sweet amps. Marshall Valvestate amps are all right, especially the older models. Here's a clip of one if you want to hear, http://www.btinternet.com/~mikawbarish/ ... 3-8200.mp3
Enough distortion imo, hell Meshuggah use to use em live.
I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity -- Edgar Allan Poe
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

marshall mg anything sounds like a pile of failed kidneys

mesa/boogie dc, mkIV, F series with a decent overdrive pedal (not wylde) or any other mesa/boogie amp will be heavy enough to fail your kidneys. or save up 4500 and buy the diezel herbet head
Tweel
I will fuck you up

Post by Tweel »

Peavey :|):
Fuck Ole Miss
Tweel
I will fuck you up

Post by Tweel »

btw, if you're looking for the ear spliting distortion, check out all the 80s model AMPEG solidstates. the model i'm thinking of is 150 watts and can be bought for about 200 to 300. Soilent Green uses this amp and it's NASTY and has bite
Fuck Ole Miss
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

I have the Mg100dfx. Good amp.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Gor-Gor
Tyrant-King

Post by Gor-Gor »

im in that boat, i hate the marshall sound too. i like more meat to my distortion. I can never get that with one, they always fall short. even the high end ones.
[quote="IFryKids"]I bet you were drunk on maple syrup and powdered donuts, you sloppy piece of shit.[/quote]
[quote="DBS"]shut the fuck up you greasy disaster.[/quote]
A Fleeting Glimpse
Cowboy From Hell

Post by A Fleeting Glimpse »

Sheldon wrote:
The Peavey is a good amp.
Not knocking Peavey amps, but the XXL? Over a 5150, 5150II, XXX, or JSX?? No way. :no:
Faithfully sardonic since 1982.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

TEX!!! wrote:
Peavey's are great in all sizes, just because they're cheaper doesn't mean shit. The Peavey 5150 is still one of the best sounding amps I've ever played with but will never be able to afford.
i got a 1991 (first year) model on ebay in near perfect condition (only thing was some tolex scratches on the bottom of the head) for only 750. the head AND the cab :).
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

TEX!!! wrote:
shit, get on ebay. they always have those killer old 5150's (with the block letters) for cheap on there.
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

the marshall i mentioned, the mode four has great distortion. i was playing straight from the amp and was surprised by it. it sounded better than my jcm900 i used to have.
there is some audio samples over at the marshall website

http://marshallamps.com/images/products/mf/mfaudio.html
... You're killing me, Smalls.
*101proof*
n0ob

Post by *101proof* »

i love marshall. i just got a Marshall MM100HDFX for christmas and that thing blows me away every time i play it. i probably wont stick with marshall but the one i have fucking rocks :|):
1966-2004 R.I.P Dime
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

Ben wrote:
TEX!!! wrote:
shit, get on ebay. they always have those killer old 5150's (with the block letters) for cheap on there.
yeah but youd be lucky to get them cheap now since EVH has ended his deal with them, people will be holding onto those bitches for collecter items.
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
Southern Black Metal
Cowboy From Hell

Re: I'm dissapointed in Marshall

Post by Southern Black Metal »

Armchair Shrink wrote:Image

To be honest, $400 down the drain. The first couple of days I played it, I realized I did not like the overdriven tone. Let me be one of the few to say I hate the Marshall sound. I usually play with a dirtier distortion, more fuzz. The clean channel and noise gate are excellent and it's the loudest 20w I've ever heard. Turning it to a 4 rattles my sperm and gives them hearing damage.

Marshall Valvestate 2000 20watt
RATING: 2/5

On the right side of the pic is the bathroom where the toilet is. The flushing mechanism has malfunctioned leaving a week old fecal creation to rot with nowhere to go.
Use it abuse it then lose it when you have the cash to buy a real amp like a Mesa Boogie from Petulma California :aargh:
"Look, I smoked out a fucking pop metal fan.....What the fuck is this?....Who the fuck are you?...You heard me right." - nigelfoo

peace from the southeast, my last breath in the goddamn southwest -SBM