Seymour Duncan Distortion or Invader?

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Seymour Duncan Distortion or Invader?

Post by CFH Eternal »

I have switched back to passives (as I am going to put PRS pickups in my SG). Anyway, for my next guitar I have decided between these two, I have tried them out and like them both. Yet, with the Distortion it's not as much output as I would I like but goes well with high-gain amps. Where the Invader is like an active pickup loud but you really can't use a high gain amp with it. Anyway, which one do you think would be better?
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

id rather have the duncan distortion

im thinkin pretty soon about getting a dimarzio x2n and maybe a evolution neck pickup along with that.
Zivi
BOOM headshot!

Post by Zivi »

Why can't you use an Invader with a high gain amp? O_o
I'd take the Invader.
Panterachat get your metal pestilence. Arbuckle hospital. Iron from 1920s. Aheels. Seals hockey. Evan lysacek personal life. Bbb certified at home ...
Disembodied
n0ob

Re: Seymour Duncan Distortion or Invader?

Post by Disembodied »

CFH Eternal wrote:I have switched back to passives (as I am going to put PRS pickups in my SG). Anyway, for my next guitar I have decided between these two, I have tried them out and like them both. Yet, with the Distortion it's not as much output as I would I like but goes well with high-gain amps. Where the Invader is like an active pickup loud but you really can't use a high gain amp with it. Anyway, which one do you think would be better?
Between the two I'd pick the Distortion, Ive heard better things about that than I have the Invader.

You should give the DiMarzio X2N a try, it works very well with high-gain amps like Randall and whatnot. The sound is very thick and full for rhthym, and for leads it really shines through the EQ and puts you at the top of the mix.

If you want a good neck pickup for it I'd recommend the PAF Pro.
ivanlongknob
Creampuff

Post by ivanlongknob »

my mate had a duncan distortion in his epi les paul and it sounded pretty good, nice crunch type sound. had a nice balance and wasnt very muddy, i might put one in my shovel
Gor-Gor
Tyrant-King

Post by Gor-Gor »

Zivi wrote:Why can't you use an Invader with a high gain amp? O_o
I'd take the Invader.

i second that. i want to put an invader in my Viper and put it through a Line 6 Spider II.
[quote="IFryKids"]I bet you were drunk on maple syrup and powdered donuts, you sloppy piece of shit.[/quote]
[quote="DBS"]shut the fuck up you greasy disaster.[/quote]
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

gor-gor(oth)?
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

INVADER, I had two of them, and they smoked, even through a high gain amp, just roll back the gain on the amp a hair, and it sounds GREAT...where you working now, CFHEternal?
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

Balls On Parade wrote:where you working now, CFHEternal?
Look at the sig.
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

fucking sweet, were'e they located? and how'd you get in?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

Balls On Parade wrote:fucking sweet, were'e they located? and how'd you get in?
Near 290 and Eldridge, if you know where Traders village is then your halfway there. I got in of all places, while I was in Co-Op. It was my last week to find a job and I was pretty sure I was gonna be doing "You want fries with that?" or do gym. So I applied there and it was a dream guitar parts galore everything from PanterA to Van Halen to John McLaughlin to SRV to Thin Lizzy to Ozzy playing in the back. I told Steve I was a guitar player and some of my favorite albums which is Gary Moore's Still Got the Blues, Jeff Beck's Blow by Blow, and ZZ Top's Tres Hombres and Deguello. Unfortunatley I was stupid enough to believe after the interview I didn't have the job so I cut my hair and then on friday I was told I got the job and I applied with long hair. :x

But yeah anytime you want a part, I could probably get you a discount (no guarantee though), but we don't sell alot of pickups outside Fender's, Bartoloni's, and a little company called Razor.
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

oh, yeah, i know where TV is, i go there every couple of weeks to check out new car audio stuff, and sometimes find the occasional guitar part there...I found a decent neck there for $15 back in november...
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

i have two invaders in my washburn dime pretty bitchin to me
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
Panterian420
Creampuff

Post by Panterian420 »

I was always a big fan of Dimarzio Super Distortions myself.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

i got the dimarzio x2n in my dean and all i can say is that it rules! i was very impressed and am damn happy about the thing.
M16
n0ob

Post by M16 »

warhead dime wrote:i got the dimarzio x2n in my dean and all i can say is that it rules! i was very impressed and am damn happy about the thing.
i'm gonna have to agree with you on that coz my guitarist got it and his playing has changed for the better ever since :aargh:
Tom Araya once wrote: simple smiles elude psychotic eyes.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

x2n