My current corral of basses

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

My current corral of basses

Post by PABassPlayer »

Top left - '53 Fender P-bass "Sting" signature (MIJ)
Top right - '51 Fender P-bass "Mike Dirnt" signature road worn w/ rosewood fretboard (MIM)
Bottom Left - USA 2005 Fender P Bass Standard (USA)
Bottom Right - '51 Fender P-bass "Mike Dirnt" signature roadworn w/ maple fretboard (MIM)
Botton center - Gamma P16 (custom NJ based manufacturer) https://gammabassguitars.com/

Left - 2013 Fender Jazz Bass in metallic pelham blue (MIM)
Right - 2012 Squire Jazz 5 string (MIC)
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Big Ben
Mouth For War

Re: My current corral of basses

Post by Big Ben »

can you make a strong contrast between the P and Jazz basses? I'm thinking of getting a Jazz simply because some of my favorable bassists have used them on some of my favorite bass albums but i know the P's tend to be more common. i'm not that knowledged on bass besides knowing how to play one, and a lot of Zeppelin songs. JPJ obviously used a Jazz bass until 1975.

i currently have an Alvarez acoustic bass and an Ibanez 5 string electric. looking for a "regular", well-rounded bass.
e.townconcrete wrote:who is this guy? why is he black?
EvilisthenewGood wrote:Do some research Ben before you trash Kia.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Big Ben wrote:can you make a strong contrast between the P and Jazz basses? I'm thinking of getting a Jazz simply because some of my favorable bassists have used them on some of my favorite bass albums but i know the P's tend to be more common. i'm not that knowledged on bass besides knowing how to play one, and a lot of Zeppelin songs. JPJ obviously used a Jazz bass until 1975.

i currently have an Alvarez acoustic bass and an Ibanez 5 string electric. looking for a "regular", well-rounded bass.
The P bass tends to have a bit of a more "classic rock" grumble, and this is all adjustable by picks ups, strings and amp, but it's my "go to".
The J basses are brighter in sound, more treble adjust and great for "slap/pop" playing. I do some funk and R&B songs that I prefer the Jazz for.

It's really all preference, I would say go to a store that has both and play the music you like side by side and see which is "your sound".
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

Get a Lemmy Rickenbacker
rObsessed!
Wagner Vajagner
Hates Jews

Post by Wagner Vajagner »

Nice pink strings.
I hate you. I hate everything you stand for. I hate your family. I hate your ancestors. I hate the fact that you are alive.
mo0sE
Lynch Mob

Post by mo0sE »

Mine and my 2 friend's hoard. PRS, Ibanez Gio, RG, and Prestige, Schecter, and some random supermarket brand bass. The prestige had some smashed up green paint finish which my friend stripped back to wood, i think it looks pretty decent. The piezo in that thing is quite fucking astounding :tup:

That's my friend's Line6 Helix, mine is the shitty board :(

If you're reading this, you're stupid