Herp Derp

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Dimebag_Dave
I will fuck you up

Herp Derp

Post by Dimebag_Dave »

Right, i've got a Dean ml79f and after countless hours/attempts to restring it - i have managed! :aargh:

Go me. However, i'm getting a shit load of fret buzz on the low e and d/a strings. The floyd is in line with the body like this = so im thinking it might be the truss?

I've had the guitar for about 5 years now, but have managed to avoid any kind of maintenance due to me paying people to do it (i love it and i didn't want to hurt it), so, as you can tell, i'm a complete noob when it comes to shit like this.

Advice greatly appreciated. :tup:
[color=#FF00FF][/color]Slappa' Da Bass
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Re: Herp Derp

Post by JesseJames »

Try adjusting the bridge height on those string areas and see if that helps, just be sure to turn one of the bridge poles as much as the other so you have a level trem, as far as the truss rod, I would recommend you leave it alone, you will probably do more damage than you will good, if the bridge height doesnt work, take it to someone who knows what they are doing a little more.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
Dimebag_Dave
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimebag_Dave »

I'm not taking the urine, but, wut? Do you mean the other allen keys (not the ones which hold the strings in place) before the string holders on the actual floyd? TBH i didn't even know what those were.

:|
[color=#FF00FF][/color]Slappa' Da Bass
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

take a pic of your bridge please so I can mark them.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?