Convenient recording of riffs/ideas

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Leviathan
Lynch Mob

Convenient recording of riffs/ideas

Post by Leviathan »

What do you guys use? I used to have a cheap tape recorder, but it broke. Trying to find stuff on a tape can be annoying, though, so I'm done with that. For a while now I've just been writing stuff down right away, but that's kind of a pain in the ass, and I sometimes can't remember the exact rhythm of my riffs when I go back to play them later. I just need something that I can use immediately, without any setup. I know there are portable digital recorders out there, with built in mics, but I don't know much about them. Anybody have one of those?
phil is still part of the brotherhood no matter what dumb fucking idiots may think.
he was pantera just like you and me
Jebodiah
Bullfrog

Re: Convenient recording of riffs/ideas

Post by Jebodiah »

You can't just use an mp3 player's recording feature and upload onto your computer?
One Man Ghetto
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Re: Convenient recording of riffs/ideas

Post by Muffin »

If you don't mind going digital, a Line 6 studio GX into a DAW is pretty painless. It'll only set you back like 100 buckaroos. Wont sound the best, but whatever.
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon