So i've been buying a ton of luthier shit

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

So i've been buying a ton of luthier shit

Post by JesseJames »

And designing my own guitars, I don't get much time to build them, the hardest part right now is being able to proper route the neck pocket. I pretty much subscribe to the maple cap on top of mahogany or sapele like 99% of the rest of the high end guitar builders.
Anyway, I am trying to design a double cut away guitar right now outside of the V and the singlecut I designed.
No pics or anything, just bored and wanted to talk about geeeetars.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
Leviathan
Lynch Mob

Re: So i've been buying a ton of luthier shit

Post by Leviathan »

About how much does it cost to build a guitar?
phil is still part of the brotherhood no matter what dumb fucking idiots may think.
he was pantera just like you and me
Jebodiah
Bullfrog

Post by Jebodiah »

In b4 "PM me for prices".
One Man Ghetto
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Depends on the woods and hardware. If you want to buy your own stuff, then you are looking at about a 3K initial investment in tools. I can get sapele for 30$ a blank, and highly figured maple for 100$, then the neck blanks for about 50$. Add in hardware, pickups, fretboard, wire, etc....You are looking at about 500$ a guitar.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?