Very close to buying

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Very close to buying

Post by CFH Eternal »

An Ampeg V4B from 1973 in mint condition for $700. Was gonna pick up an Orange 2x12 as well.

My problem is like most losers my age, I live in an apartment and I will be jamming with other people but playing in bands will be a hobby.

Should I just put that off and just pick up a vibrochamp a friend of mine is selling for 300?
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Re: Very close to buying

Post by PABassPlayer »

the Ampeg (considered vintage) will hold it's value better, and they only go as loud as you turn up the volume.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

Fuck, I realized with everything going on I won't be able to buy it in till (at earliest) early March.
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

With the down economy, good chance it will still be available then, and probably at a cheaper price.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

what year is the Vibrochamp? a few years ago one guy had actually put one out for trash a couple of streets over, it was a 1966 that I eventually got $700 for, even with a scratchy volume pot...
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

Vibrochamp is early 80's but I didn't buy it. Bought an Epiphone Valve Jr. some guy modded up (new speakers, transformer).
Skull Dragon
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Skull Dragon »

I'd go with the V4B, my father has done nothing but rave about about them the past 17 years I've been playing guitar.
marrylessey1694
Creampuff

Post by marrylessey1694 »

Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

marrylessey1694 wrote:an antic item....
:lol: