BC Rich ASM Pro

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Jebodiah
Bullfrog

BC Rich ASM Pro

Post by Jebodiah »

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/ ... index.html
Features: I have the Black cherry burst finish, I think it was made in 2010, made in korea. It has 24 jumbo frets and a 25.5 scale thin like an Ibanez neck. The body wood is mahogany which sounds nice, and the neck is made of maple with an ebony fretboard, the neck is smooth on the bank but has a finish. It is a flamed maple top I think. Start body shape, has a Floyd Rose frt-2000 tremolo. And active EMG 81 And 85 pickups. Has 1 volume, 1 tone and 3 way selector. Grover tuners, and came with the allen keys needed. // 10
Sound: It suits my music style very well as I play metal. I'm using it with a solid state Marshall amp, and my DigiTech RP150 and my Dunlop wah.

EMG-81 (bridge position)
The EMG-81 is a high output pickup designed especially for the lead guitarist. The 81 is at its best for high volume overdrive and amps with a master volume. Whether you're playing power rock and roll, or overdriving your amp, there's a razor sharp attack, and incredible sustain for brilliant soloing. If you're looking for exceptional qualities in a rock pickup, the EMG-81 is the one.

EMG-85 (neck position)
Although the EMG-85 has more measurable output than the 81, its frequency response and string interface are different. The 85 uses two Alnico magnet loaded coils with a wide aperture to maintain a beefy low end and a fatter top end. Because of a more natural tone, it works great as a rhythm and blues pickup because it has loads of output but isn't muddy.

The pickups are really good but not the best. The sound from the guitar is rich and full,but would be better with a valve amp,the guitar can make a few different sounds when tweeking with settings // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Mine was setup well except I had fret buzz on a the 1st 2 frets on the low strings. I had to do a little truss rod adjustment to fix this. Everything else was fine and the way it should be. There were no flaws whatsoever other than some fret buzz. // 9

Reliability & Durability: If you need an instrument that withstands live performances and studio sessions, rehearsals and practicing, you should rest assured that B.C. Rich's ASM Pro is a great choice. This instrument is definitely built to last and will do so, The hardware seems like it will last, the tuners are grovers, and the Floyd Rose trem is awesome. I would bring a backup guitar incase of string breakage, altho I never really break a string. The finish is well done and will last for definite, hate seeing scratches as its so beautiful. // 10

Impression: This suits my style very well as I play metal. I have been playing for 9 years and own 2 other guitars, a BC Rich KKV And an Ibanez RG270.I was happy to purchase the guitar, and if it got lost or stolen I would get another one for definite. Feature-wise this guitar is almost perfect! There is no need to add or remove anything, and that is quite an achievement considering that it's quite hard to please every musician's desire, I love everything about it other than the finish scratching which I hate as its a gorgeous guitar. I wish it had a coil tap, and I compared it to the Jackson SL2H Soloist and the ESP FR2 Horizon, I chose this because it had similar features but costs a lot less.
Sounds like a good guitar case. :tup:
One Man Ghetto
Jebodiah
Bullfrog

Re: BC Rich ASM Pro

Post by Jebodiah »

:tup:
One Man Ghetto
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

No one cares Jeb. You never buy any of them.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

No offense, Jeb. He is right.
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
Jebodiah
Bullfrog

Post by Jebodiah »

I also want a million dollars.
One Man Ghetto
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

Jebodiah wrote:I also want a million dollars.
Same here, but the reality is you probably have the better chance of being hurt than getting a million right now. Like before, my suggestion is go around as many guitar centers/guitar shops as possible play the guitars and don't rule anything out. Find what you like and don't like about the guitars you play and then make a decision on what you want and then buy it, internet or guitar store.
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]