LTD M-1000

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Jebodiah
Bullfrog

LTD M-1000

Post by Jebodiah »

Anyone own one of these?
One Man Ghetto
ihsahn_disciple10
Professional Dick

Re: LTD M-1000

Post by ihsahn_disciple10 »

No, but it looks righteous...digging the slate body finish...
RandomRussianDude wrote: with a retarded, dancing nigger
Jebodiah
Bullfrog

Post by Jebodiah »

It's either this or the Ibanez Prestige series, looks pretty nice and seems to have the right features. It's also around my price range ($1000). :tup:
One Man Ghetto
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

get a 400 dollar guitar and a 600 dollar amp/head set up. don't be stupid, you can find a great axe for 400 bucks at guitar center
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
Jebodiah
Bullfrog

Post by Jebodiah »

A good guitar ain't going to be cheap Patty. I might be able to get the same guitar for less than $1000 if I can get a reasonable deal.
One Man Ghetto
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Quit bullshitting Jeb. In the end you aren't getting it anyway.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
ihsahn_disciple10
Professional Dick

All depends on your setup, playing ability and need.

If you're NOT a semi-pro and/or playing out? Just doing it around the house 'cause you can, and like it?
U can get a nice amp/effects mod box for $300 or so and armed with your present amp you can sound fairly decent, and modify your sound to simulate ANY amp/head combo you want.
That could leave you almost $700 for a decent axe.

Don't be a sucker for just the nice body (that ain't gonna do shit but pump you up when your idiot friends come over, pick it up and play it like cavemen discovering fire for the first time). After they leave, with a few "wow, bro"s, it'll still be you and the axe. And the potentially same crap sound.

Good amp is key though. You want at least 2 12"s, maybe 4, for speakers. You obviously DON'T have to go all Marshall stack if you go the amp/effects box route.

I got a BC Rich and an Ibanez for electrics. I have a small Ibanex prac amp and a 2/12 Peavey floor amp, plus the effects box. For me, playing around, learning the latest shit, and pretending I'm filling in for Opeth, or Ihsahn's band? It's fine.
Jebodiah
Bullfrog

Post by Jebodiah »

My music theory is getting better, I practice everyday on a fairly small Fender amp and sometimes use my Korg AX3000G pedal board (which gives my amp a lot of nasty feedback noise)

I just like to have a good guitar for once that has 24 frets with a floyd rose that won't fuck up the tuning. Afterwards I was going to get a better amp, but only another practice amp since I got no room for a stage amp here. I'm not blowing money just to impress people, what's the point? I want something that feels right and has good quality so I don't have to worry about any problems in the future. I already started off playing cheap stuff and have been doing so for the past 5 years, now it's time I get something better and well worth the money. This isn't something that will be collecting dust shortly after I get it.
One Man Ghetto
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

A Floyd is a pain in the ass, Jeb. If you're going to drop 1K dollars, there are better choices... for sure.

And I say that as someone who owns an ESP. I have an LTD EX400, and I'd bet anything it plays and sounds every bit as good as the M-1000.
Ezekiel 23:20
ihsahn_disciple10
Professional Dick

Never tried the Floyd.

And Jeb? I hear ya. To be fair, we almost ALL started out playing shite gits, and then once we FEEL we've "learned enough" then we can justify a better $$$ of axe. To date, I've only went B.C Rich and that's cause of Kerry King. (I would've liked to go all PRS like Mike from Opeth until I saw the fucking $$$ tag on one, shit's insane like well over $2000.) And of course, the more I learned and opened my playing, the more I wanted to explore the 7 and even 8-str guitars.

I have another thread on here for the 8-str I plan to get after holiday, the Xmas $$$ just didn't materialize for me...
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

get a jackson rhodes V. those guitars are the best.
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
tomEtom
No class Scumbag

Post by tomEtom »

I've always dug my Jackson Dinky... I love the neck on that thing.
Bazinga!
aggressor_27
Lynch Mob

Post by aggressor_27 »

Jebodiah wrote:A good guitar ain't going to be cheap Patty. I might be able to get the same guitar for less than $1000 if I can get a reasonable deal.
A little steep for a first. Make sure you sit down with one. Dropping a couple grand on a guitar does jack shit if it isn't the sound you're looking for. After 15 + years of playing the only guit fiddles I buy are one's I've sat down and played, not overpriced chunks of wood with some asshole's name on it so I can look cool for elitist fucks trapped in a coffee house cover band who only care about shit like that.
I like big black men.

Last edited by aggressor_27 on Tue Jun 6, 1944 6:30 am, edited 101 times in total.
Jebodiah
Bullfrog

Post by Jebodiah »

Shit piss fuck bitch
One Man Ghetto
ihsahn_disciple10
Professional Dick

aggressor_27 wrote:
Jebodiah wrote:A good guitar ain't going to be cheap Patty. I might be able to get the same guitar for less than $1000 if I can get a reasonable deal.
A little steep for a first. Make sure you sit down with one. Dropping a couple grand on a guitar does jack shit if it isn't the sound you're looking for. After 15 + years of playing the only guit fiddles I buy are one's I've sat down and played, not overpriced chunks of wood with some asshole's name on it so I can look cool for elitist fucks trapped in a coffee house cover band who only care about shit like that.

Well said, Aggressor. Ever walked into like a Sam Ash and just held and played a fucking Martin that's like $3K?? Jesus lord...
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

aggressor_27 wrote:
I agree with this 100%. I won't buy anything I haven't had my hands on first, not even stomp boxes.
Ezekiel 23:20
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

You didn't get this guitar either, did you?
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
Jebodiah
Bullfrog

Post by Jebodiah »

Not yet.
One Man Ghetto
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Not ever.
Jebodiah
Bullfrog

Post by Jebodiah »

You should buy it for me.
One Man Ghetto
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Jeb is becoming the little boy who cried "guitar".
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
aggressor_27
Lynch Mob

Post by aggressor_27 »

Jeb, stop aiming so fucking high and go buy a used sammick or some shit. Fuck your friends or whoever the fuck instilled in you that you have to buy an expensive fucking guitar right out of the gate. I guarantee all these assholes play on them is shit other people wrote.
I like big black men.

Last edited by aggressor_27 on Tue Jun 6, 1944 6:30 am, edited 101 times in total.
Jebodiah
Bullfrog

Post by Jebodiah »

aggressor_27 wrote:Jeb, stop aiming so fucking high and go buy a used sammick or some shit. Fuck your friends or whoever the fuck instilled in you that you have to buy an expensive fucking guitar right out of the gate. I guarantee all these assholes play on them is shit other people wrote.
You don't read threads much do you?
One Man Ghetto
EvilisthenewGood
I'm not your bro!

Post by EvilisthenewGood »

hahha My first guitar was a Sammick!! It was a cool color.
Talk to me on AIM -theworstpostrevr

Never trust a man who can spell a word only one way.

I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.