Anyone own any Chinese Gibson's ?

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Necrophobic
n0ob

Anyone own any Chinese Gibson's ?

Post by Necrophobic »

The fake ones that are being mass produced ?
"METAL ON METAL !!!!"
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Re: Anyone own any Chinese Gibson's ?

Post by JesseJames »

I owned a fake PRS one time, just curious to see how they stacked up against the real deal. They don't. You can tell their fake all the way.
As far as a fake gibson, I hear that they are a little better in quality, but they are also very easy to spot as fakes, the headstock angle is usually off, or the logo, or how they press the frets into the binding, on the gook made ones they cut the binding and press the fret on, on a genuine gibson the fret tangs are cut at the and and the end of the fret lies over the binding. They used crap woods and crap pickups and hardware on them, but they just hide it under a pretty paint job.
The chinese also fake squiers and epiphones, which I'm not sure why, but they do.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

If you're going to go the knockoff route, I recommend checking out http://www.rondomusic.com/ . I got a Bass from there last April and I couldn't ask for a better instrument for the money. From what I've heard the guy that runs the site is really good about exchanging instruments if you get a lemon, too.
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

I've never touched a Chinese or Mexican guitar I liked, so it's my opinion that a Chinese Gibson knock off is probably a turd.

And I have heard good things about Rondo Music, if you're in the market for something cost effective, although I've never played one of their guitars to know if I personally dig them.

There are plenty of options if you want a cheaper guitar, even if you want something that looks like a Gibson but isn't.
Ezekiel 23:20
Bar Rat
How much do you Bench?

Post by Bar Rat »

My friend Pat who rocks out with his cock out on guitar brought one over to my other buddie's. He says it plays well with the EMGs he put in there. The hardware is what gives it away.
Suns out, guns out!
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

You're a chinese gibson
Last edited by Hunter/Killer on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
... You're killing me, Smalls.
Bar Rat
How much do you Bench?

Post by Bar Rat »

Plays well, dewd.
Suns out, guns out!
Necrophobic
n0ob

Post by Necrophobic »

Bar Rat wrote:My friend Pat who rocks out with his cock out on guitar brought one over to my other buddie's. He says it plays well with the EMGs he put in there. The hardware is what gives it away.

I've heard this to man, May have to get one.

I fancy the zakk Grail (white and black) les paul, Or his V version (Bullseye).

The youtube reviews all state that the Zakk Les paul's are the best of all the Chinese Gibsons. While apparently the Bullseye v comes with a shit ton of problems. The floyd recess is off not allowing the floyd to be pulled back, So some routing to be done. Also apparently the Allen Clamps at the top of the neck are all drilled to shit. But i've only been able to find one review of that guitar, And that's where i got the info from.

so rather than gamble i'll end up with the Les paul i think, Just to be on the safe side.
"METAL ON METAL !!!!"