Ok...

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Ok...

Post by The Doctor »

So, I need something and I don't know if such a thing actually exists. Do any of you know?

I have a 3 channel amp with only 1 effects loop. I need 3 effects loops. I also hate effects processors and I can't justify the cost of a Diezel VH4.

Is there such a thing as a switcher I can use to change between effects loops, change the channel on my amp, and bypass the other 2 loops all with one "stomp"?
Ezekiel 23:20
Mad Muir
Dick Dangler

Re: Ok...

Post by Mad Muir »

Hey doc, fuck you, get back into the non pantera swing of things
Just because I can't crawl inside you it doesn't mean I'm not your parasite.
ron c nigbur
I will fuck you up

Post by ron c nigbur »

This might come close. You can also get passive switch boxes but they are usually very noisy:

http://www.tonebone.com/smartsheet-loopbone.pdf
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

Well, that is close... but while looking at similar products I came across something called the Voodoo Lab GCX that will do EXACTLY what I want it to do, if I pair it with a Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro.

So thanks, cuzn. :tup: You've saved me thousands of dollars.
ron c nigbur
I will fuck you up

Post by ron c nigbur »

Glad to be of assistance. What's going in the loops? My pedals are being neglected since my band are more or less defunct now :(
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

As far as pedals go... MXR Carbon Copy, Malekko Analog Chorus, Tortuga Neptune, Electro Harmonix Micro POG. And a few to be used only on a semi-distorted channel: Boss HM-2, MXR 10 band EQ, Boss NS-2. The EQ and Noise Suppressor are there just to control the noisiness and unpredictability of the HM-2. I really dig the old school Swedish Metal guitar tone, but I'm kind of toying around with a couple HM-2s and different EQ configurations right now trying to create a cleaned up version of that sound to use for myself.

I'm also shopping around for outboard rack gear for things like compression, signal splitting/recombining and the like.

The Voodoo Lab GCX and Ground Control Pro seems like they will let me program presets to use individual pedals in combination with each other without tapdancing around like a fool and trying to keep track of what's what. Like if I just want to use the Micro POG and the Carbon Copy together, I can turn them on and off with a single stomp if it's programmed in the GCX.

The big thing here is that I want the HM-2 and the pedals I use to "tame" it on a loop that will only be active on a distortion channel (HM-2 all knobs on 10, gain set at about 4 on the amp) and I want something that will activate and deactivate it, and will change the channels on my amp simultaneously. With the Voodoo Lab setup it seems that I could also isolate and combine my delay, just for example, with the distortion chain too...
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Unless you're playing live (maybe even if you are), don't waste your money on outboard gear. I would tell you to get a decent DAW but you must have one already. The software on any big name DAW should be good enough for more or less any home studio purpose, in my humble opinion.
ihsahn_disciple10
Professional Dick

Post by ihsahn_disciple10 »

Hey Doc, I got tired of all those fucking effects pedals and shite, I just got a nice multi-box (mine WAS 5 yrs ago, but still works like a fucking charm, was the GNX 3000 Guitar Workstation)...she's got effects and mods out the ass, all kinds of amp/cab sims, and usb recording out and a built in wah ped.

Try Musiciansfriend.com and check out multi effect boxes or guitar workstations.

The boxes are alaso heavy duty and designed for heavy out use, constant stomping, being dropped, kicked...etc.

I know I sound like a fucking salesman but it's worth it and no complaints yet....
RandomRussianDude wrote: with a retarded, dancing nigger
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

I considered multi-effects processors, but there's a lot of stuff on those that I just won't get around to making use of. And I find that while I like certain effects on a certain unit, others on the same unit will be lacking for me.

I'm pretty particular about my delays for as well, but I can't seem to find a multi-unit that has a satisfying delay effect. The closest I've come to finding something I dig in that realm is the Boss GT series. They're decent on the reverbs and chorus-type effects, but the delay is really synthetic and dry sounding to me.

I won't even get started on the UniVibe and Rotary effects either. The only easily accessible solution I've found for that is the Tortuga Neptune...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rlJ1tTovKc