Finally made up my mind.

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Jebodiah
Bullfrog

Finally made up my mind.

Post by Jebodiah »

Jackson KV5FR King V Electric Guitar with Floyd Rose Tremolo

Yes I am a Megadeth fan and want to play just like Dave Mustaine since he's my favorite guitarist and his techniques and style of playing is really fun to play than Metallica's easy shit. I feel more comfortable playing a flying v anyways, well maybe not as much as playing a Les Paul standard but I like to have something to wrap my legs around while attempting to play solos.

What is an important spec to have with a guitar that has a floyd rose? My friend told me not to get a floyd rose unless the guitar has something which prevents the floyd to fuck up the strings and putting the guitar out od tune?
One Man Ghetto
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Re: Finally made up my mind.

Post by Muffin »

I think people don't like floyd roses because they can be a bitch to tune (but not really, you get used to it) and, in my case, they can't hold sustain as well as a string through or whatever.

You friend might be talking about the locking thingies on the nut, they keep your strings from going out of tune when you use the floyd rose. It's on that guitar so you've got nothing to worry about.
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
Jebodiah
Bullfrog

Post by Jebodiah »

Ok good, This is a $1,700 guitar which is a little over my price range so if I'm lucky I might beable to try and barter it down $200-300 if I can get a good case with it aswell. Then I still need to decide whether to get a Marshall or Orange amp with head for it.

My new job this summer should pay me enough for me to beable to afford this in within 2 months or so. Can't wait!

As for now, this is what I got...

Pretty bad since I used to have a good Vox tube amp along with an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. But this is all I got until this summer.
One Man Ghetto
washburnML
I will fuck you up

Post by washburnML »

Jebodiah wrote:Ok good, This is a $1,700 guitar which is a little over my price range so if I'm lucky I might beable to try and barter it down $200-300
yeah ok :lol: :roll:
Jebodiah
Bullfrog

Post by Jebodiah »

washburnML wrote:
Jebodiah wrote:Ok good, This is a $1,700 guitar which is a little over my price range so if I'm lucky I might beable to try and barter it down $200-300
yeah ok :lol: :roll:
I meant so it's down to $1,400 - $1,500. Some stores will be nice enough to cut you a deal here and there. I'm sure the guy could give me a really good case with it if I added in an extra $100.
One Man Ghetto
washburnML
I will fuck you up

Post by washburnML »

oh. my bad holmes i thought you meant to $200-300.
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

Just remember with a floyd rose, you cant tune to drop D and back without it throwing the other strings out of tune. Unless you have one of these. I've got one on my Jackson DR. You can lock the tremolo from moving, set it to dive only (not pull-up), or leave it fully floating. http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-Tremol-No-Tremol ... 4cedfbfac5
Last edited by Dawdy on Sun May 23, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

Or he could do a D-tuna instead
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

CFH Eternal wrote:Or he could do a D-tuna instead

i have a d-tuna. it will still go out of tune unless you block the trem or rig it for dive only
rattlehead
I will fuck you up

Post by rattlehead »

i've been thinking about picking up a guitar for a while. one of my friends has this cheap ass guitar he can lend me so i'll see how it goes. don't even know how to play but fuck it. that jackson guitar looks nice as hell though :tup:
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Jackson-KV5FR-K ... 0570844821

There's a brand new one for 1100.00 you fucking idiot. Have fun overpaying.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?