Bacteria on guitar strings

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Bacteria on guitar strings

Post by JesseJames »

Just curious about what all may be on the guitar strings after some use. So I decided to culture a used wound guitar string in a broth to see what arose from it. It's gram positive, coccus, and staphlyo. So staphlyococcus is growing on your shit, but it's ever present all over you regardless. I kinda wasn't expecting a halophile to really live that well on metal.
I couldn't get a good slide of it, so I decided to do a quadrant streak on an isolation plate and see if I could get a pure culture to do a better slide from.
I also cultured a used unwound guitar string, but nothing much really came out of it. I'm gonna let it incubate further.

To be continued. :tup:
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
Mad Muir
Dick Dangler

Post by Mad Muir »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Just because I can't crawl inside you it doesn't mean I'm not your parasite.
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

what?
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

JJ got an agar plate for Christmas!
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

At least someone has some idea of what I'm talking about.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

i got poked in the eye with a string once, it got all infected and shit, that sucked ass. i never thought about this before thanks for nothing you fucking doushebag.
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

AoD wrote:i got poked in the eye with a string once, it got all infected and shit, that sucked ass. i never thought about this before thanks for nothing you fucking doushebag.
*douchebag
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

stratovarius ain't growing on my shit
... You're killing me, Smalls.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

I poked a small hole in my right forefinger with an e string ages ago, it never healed properly and now I have a big thin patch of skin on the end of it :x

I studied biology for my A levels, I don't know what the US equivalent is, but in my last two years of school (16-17 and 17-18). It's always cool to watch this kind of stuff grow, but unless you're in a lab environment then the chances of the sample being contaminated are enormous.. Bear in mind that something that was living happily in your nostril or on your skin could make you as sick as a dog if you grow it for a couple of weeks and then transfer it to your mouth :aargh:
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

The only reason I even had access to this stuff is because our company is looking into the viability of cellulosic ethanol grown from switchgrass which grows VERY well in west texas. So they put in a small lab and hired some chemists to do some testing.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

As fuel? I read that there's a tequila shortage coming because all the Mexicans who used to grow agave have switched to biofuels :tdown:
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

croninburg wrote:As fuel? I read that there's a tequila shortage coming because all the Mexicans who used to grow agave have switched to biofuels :tdown:
Yeah but just from switchgrass, it grows very well here and serves practically no other purpose otherwise. The enzymes used to break it down can be pricey though and they are working on a more cost efficient mix to breakdown the switchgrass.
texasborn
Stoned Crow

Post by texasborn »

quit playing peekaboo in the butthole with your fingers before playing JJ.
Mescalito
Lynch Mob

Re: Bacteria on guitar strings

Post by Mescalito »

JesseJames wrote:Just curious about what all may be on the guitar strings after some use. So I decided to culture a used wound guitar string in a broth to see what arose from it. It's gram positive, coccus, and staphlyo. So staphlyococcus is growing on your shit, but it's ever present all over you regardless. I kinda wasn't expecting a halophile to really live that well on metal.
I couldn't get a good slide of it, so I decided to do a quadrant streak on an isolation plate and see if I could get a pure culture to do a better slide from.
I also cultured a used unwound guitar string, but nothing much really came out of it. I'm gonna let it incubate further.

To be continued. :tup:
In other words, you're a nasty motherfucker and you should wash your hands. Especially after you take a shit.
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

man, that shit is everywher eand theres nothing you can do about it.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

As Ernie said, staphylococcus is ever present on you.
Mescalito
Lynch Mob

Post by Mescalito »

I wasn't being totally serious bro dudes.
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

youre fired!
Mescalito
Lynch Mob

Post by Mescalito »

Lets not fight today diddy I'm happy today.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

croninburg wrote:As fuel? I read that there's a tequila shortage coming because all the Mexicans who used to grow agave have switched to biofuels :tdown:
That's a goddamn, motherfucking crisis of epic proportions!
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Very cool. :tup:
The Dave
Vulgar Bastard

Post by The Dave »

Listen Madame Curie, like we give a fuck. Thank you.
Gor-Gor
Tyrant-King

Post by Gor-Gor »

My answer to this is a resounding DUH. If you are just figuring out that bacteria is everywhere and are now scared, you should just off yourself.
[quote="IFryKids"]I bet you were drunk on maple syrup and powdered donuts, you sloppy piece of shit.[/quote]
[quote="DBS"]shut the fuck up you greasy disaster.[/quote]
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Gor-Gor wrote:My answer to this is a resounding DUH. If you are just figuring out that bacteria is everywhere and are now scared, you should just off yourself.
My answer to this is a resounding you're an idiot.
cena2020
Creampuff

Post by cena2020 »

When particularly high braking performance is required, on request it is possible to equip the vehicle with 380 mm x 36 mm ceramic carbon brakes featuring six-piston brake callipers. This offers braking performance more akin to driving into a set of buffers. Lamborghini have also given the Murcielago LP640 a whole host of styling tweaks too. Revised front and rear bumpers give the car a more aggressive, motorsports look and feel while the exhausts have been incorporated within the diffuser on the rear bumper. Other innovations include the rear lights and asymmetric side panels. While the area behind the air intake on the right side is practically closed, the left side features a vast aperture for cooling the oil radiator. An option the more extrovert will specify is a glass cover for the engine bay. The rear view mirrors and the windscreen wipers have been modified to improve aerodynamics and Hermera light metal wheel rims are offered. The interior has been given a thorough reworking with revised graphics on the instrument panel while the seats are not only bigger but also feature redesigned head restraints. The leather upholstery features lozenge-shaped stitching called Q-citura. The same design is recaptured on the upholstery on the door panels, on the panel between the seats and the engine compartment, and on the roof panel. The stereo system is well worth mentioning, the Murcielago LP640 being fitted with a Kenwood head unit featuring a 6.5" widescreen monitor and DVD, MP3 and WMA player. An optional navigation system is also available. Like its predecessors, the new Murcielago LP640 can be customised to a very large extent with special fittings and upholstery packages as part of the Privilegio programme. For example, the cockpit can be specified with a carbon finish applied to the air-conditioning control panel, the control lever console and the parking brake. The customer really is king at Lamborghini these days. It wasn't always thus. You don't have to spool the clock back too far to find a time when Lamborghini was a chaotic mess. They were building products that were hugely out of step with the times as the company was passed from one buyer to another, each one entranced by the glamour but without much in the way of vision. Some have muttered that a little of that magic has seeped away under the sensible stewardship of Audi. Cars like the Murcielago LP640 show that Lamborghini still have that essential extremity and the will to manufacture a car that will be too much for all but a tiny minority of customers to handle. Imagine Italian styling and charisma with German build quality and depth of engineering. Then mix-in something of the night and you'll have this extraordinary Lamborghini.

Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

I think Cena's got a point.
down ass chic wrote:takes one to noone SLUT!