Gear question

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Gear question

Post by JesseJames »

Do the boss NS-2 pedals do any good?
Also, best wah?

I was at guitar center in san antonio this weekend, but with every fucking idiot in there cranking the amps up playing guitars they aren't gonna buy and them playing music through their system you can barely hear yourself think.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

If you have areally noisy guitars, the NS-2's are pretty useful. I used them a lot in metal bands I played with. You just have to watch the sensitivity because it will cut off your notes if you have it set too strong.

I've always like Dunlop wahs. Morley makes some cool ones too.

I wish Electro-Harmonix would make a standard one, I bet they'd be crazy.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

i've got the gain cranked on my amp, plus i use a boss super overdrive to boost it more. sounds great while im playing but as soon as you stop, the amp is screaming feedback. I got the NS-2 and it eliminated it. So it works for me :tup:
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Dawdy wrote:i've got the gain cranked on my amp, plus i use a boss super overdrive to boost it more. sounds great while im playing but as soon as you stop, the amp is screaming feedback. I got the NS-2 and it eliminated it. So it works for me :tup:
My amp I have the gain cranked to 10, but it's hard to play a clean legato because it just rings if you dont palm mute it. So that was what I was pretty much wondering.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
texasborn
Stoned Crow

Post by texasborn »

JJ, to tell you the truth I dont like um that much. When Im grinding out a tune on my flying V I just dont like the sonar path they take you know?
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

i use one of these and recommend them to everyone. ive used it for at least 5 years now, its been beat to shit and keeps on ticking. never a problem and you cant tell its there untill you take it away..
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Bought a ton of pedals:
Bad horsie II wah
BBE Two Timer Delay Pedal
Landmine LC-1 Chorus
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Gator Powered Pedal Board

And I bought another guitar lulz. Pics will be coming in later of it.
False_Prophet
Far Beyond Driven

Post by False_Prophet »

Weeping Demon is the best wah I have used
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

I have a weeping demon wah, just not getting the sound I want out of it, I'm wanting something with more mids.
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

I never messed with gating or noise suppression until I started trying to record my guitar playing, but now I couldn't play without one. Thankfully, Guitar Rig has a very nice gate built in without having to add one and mess with it.

As for wah pedals... The only wah (not attached to an effects processor) I've tried that I like and would buy again is the original, old school, plain old Dunlop Crybaby. :tup:

Although, I've never tried this...

http://www.voxamps.com/pedals/bigbadwah/
Ezekiel 23:20
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

i dont know if i just suck or im not trying the right ones but i could never figure out how to make those things sound cool
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

I think there's definitely a right and wrong way to use a wah pedal, but it's actually pretty easy to pull off.

Jerry Cantrell = The right way

Kirk Hammett = The wrong way
Ezekiel 23:20