lets trade guitars

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
AoD
Mouth For War

lets trade guitars

Post by AoD »

I need a guitar without a trem, i hate floydrose. i like gibsons, or anything that plays or sounds like them. i dont care about cosmetics as long as the guitar itsself is solid.

The jackson i have to trade is in verygood condition. there are a few scratches and dings but nothing that affects its playability. most of the stuff can be polished out, other than a couple chips in the paint..
this is from the professional line, jacksons 1990's japanese import version that rivals their USA guitars, but with cheaper hardware. its dirty in the pictures..

i also have this beat to shit multi tour used ibanez rg
i dont have a good picture of it other than live shots..
it plays and sounds good, has an EMG 81 installed. it has many scratches, dings, digs and paint chips but thats what happens when 2 drunk assholes use it for a bunch of shows...

i will trade one or both twards what you have?
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
Sky Black
Veganazi

Re: lets trade guitars

Post by Sky Black »

AoD wrote:this is from the professional line, jacksons 1990's japanese import version that rivals their USA guitars
:lol:
billlawry wrote:it was only a matter of time until someone called you a piss drinker.
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

Too high quality?

The story goes that the American luthiers taught the Japanese how to make the Jackson Professional Series guitars and went to the factory in Japan several times to adjust the production and check the guitars coming out. The Japanese luthiers did such a great job, that the top import line, namely the Professional Series Pro models, gradually became known as being on par with their USA counterparts build at that time.

The only small downside to the Japanese Pro guitars were the use of cheaper hardware. Apart from that, they were the same build quality, listed at about $400 less compared to the USA models. This price difference is typically magnified in the second hand market, where the Japanese models can be acquired for half of a USA model. And that's a killer deal regarding the Pro models. Lately (2006-7), I've seen used Pro's go for a lot more though, and it seems like all the 1986-1995 Japanese imports are being highly valued these days.
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

also, newer USA jacksons feel like chincy knock-offs with nice paintjobs. are you laughing because you think American factories build better products than Japanese factories?
Sky Black
Veganazi

Post by Sky Black »

Oh.. you were serious.

I'm well aware of the quality of the old Pro imports however that is not what you have there. What you have there is basically a step above entry level. They all say "Professional" on the headstock, but the differences should be obvious.
billlawry wrote:it was only a matter of time until someone called you a piss drinker.
texasborn
Stoned Crow

Post by texasborn »

damn girl knows what up. :|): orale
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

You only use 4 strings on that crapson?
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Sky Black wrote:Oh.. you were serious.

I'm well aware of the quality of the old Pro imports however that is not what you have there. What you have there is basically a step above entry level. They all say "Professional" on the headstock, but the differences should be obvious.
If it's Japanese, it's probably good.
Sky Black
Veganazi

Post by Sky Black »

AoD wrote:
Too high quality?

The story goes that the American luthiers taught the Japanese how to make the Jackson Professional Series guitars and went to the factory in Japan several times to adjust the production and check the guitars coming out. The Japanese luthiers did such a great job, that the top import line, namely the Professional Series Pro models, gradually became known as being on par with their USA counterparts build at that time.

The only small downside to the Japanese Pro guitars were the use of cheaper hardware. Apart from that, they were the same build quality, listed at about $400 less compared to the USA models. This price difference is typically magnified in the second hand market, where the Japanese models can be acquired for half of a USA model. And that's a killer deal regarding the Pro models. Lately (2006-7), I've seen used Pro's go for a lot more though, and it seems like all the 1986-1995 Japanese imports are being highly valued these days.
I tracked down the site you quoted that from and looks like you didn't scroll down far enough.
Protection of the USA Jackson brand

It is rumoured (by Larry Langell) that the Professional Series, the original Pro models in particular, eventually cut into the USA sales and therefore Jackson made changes to the Japanese Import Series as a whole in an attempt to separate it further from the USA made guitars. Finally, around 1994 or early 1995, the killer Japanese Pro's were taken completely out of production, leaving only the bolt-on models with cheaper materials and lower quality woods in the import selection.
It's not a bad guitar; I had a King V from the same line as yours, and it was decent but trust me, it's NOT from the Pro line. I'd trade you my 15 year-old Squier II for it though :|):
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

I had a jap made jackson pro once too. It was alright. That one looks like it might fetch about 100$ though.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

yeah im not claiming its made of gold, i allready have 4 decent "entry level" guitars just like it. im trying to trade it for a beat up piece of shit without a fucking floyd rose, i seriously didnt expect this kind of reaction about it :lol: i allready found a trade for it, this guy on craigslist is going to give me either a flextone2 2-12 amp or an 80's gibson explorer with a piece of the wing broken off...
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

ok heres the ibanez. it plays and sounds great . i will put new strings on it and new knobs. other then that, its a piece of shit and has been abused its entire life. its covered in dried beer, blood, coke and duct tape residue. it has been slammed into a tree and dropped down stairs, been all over the world and still works great! dont try to lecture me about not taking care of my shit and how in 1984 ibanez made some bullshit on the moon because i dont give a fuck. if you want this guitar , trade me your own beat up piece of shit without a fucking floyd rose, ok? if you dont want it, suck my dick and shut the fuck up.

Sky Black
Veganazi

Post by Sky Black »

:lol: Calm down bra. You're the dumbfuck who doesn't know shit about guitars and tried to misrepresent yours as something it's not.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Are you on your period or something?
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

Sky Black wrote::lol: Calm down bra. You're the dumbfuck who doesn't know shit about guitars and tried to misrepresent yours as something it's not.
ernie is a gift to this forum, don't fuck it up.
[quote="Brandon"] there are weirdos on the net. [/quote]
Sky Black
Veganazi

Post by Sky Black »

I was very polite and informative!
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

Sky Black wrote:I was very polite and informative!
if you were polite you would trade him one of your guitars to check the quality yourself!!!!
[quote="Brandon"] there are weirdos on the net. [/quote]
Sky Black
Veganazi

Post by Sky Black »

I offered to!
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Sky Black wrote:I offered to!
Why don't you offer to sit on my face. :PP:
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

Sky Black wrote::lol: Calm down bra. You're the dumbfuck who doesn't know shit about guitars and tried to misrepresent yours as something it's not.
how am i misrepresenting it? i said its a solid guitar that plays and sounds good. doesnt your squier 2 have a tremelo? cant you read? i dont want a tremelo. also, werent they made in 89-90? thats not 15 years. again, suck my dick you faggot. i will eat your babies.
Sky Black
Veganazi

Post by Sky Black »

AoD wrote:how am i misrepresenting it
AoD wrote:this is from the professional line, jacksons 1990's japanese import version that rivals their USA guitars, but with cheaper hardware
Well, I've had it for 15 years anyway. Have you seen the "trem" on a Squier II? It wouldn't move even if you jumped on it. Also, I was kidding you googly-eyed fucking freak.
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

you string your guitar like an asshole! i'll trade you my rusty banjo
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

really?
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

i do want a banjo.
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

i also need a digital recording thingamabob, but i might consider drugs as well.
texasborn
Stoned Crow

Post by texasborn »

AOD got owned. hard. holy shit.
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

i also just bent my dick trying to jack off and now i think its bruised, it kinda hurts. fuck what a shitty day
texasborn
Stoned Crow

Post by texasborn »

and you broke your goddamn bong. :no:
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

and i sold my motorcycle :no:
Mescalito
Lynch Mob

Post by Mescalito »

Sky Black knows everything about everything.
gay_hayride
I will fuck you up

Post by gay_hayride »

its not an e.s.p i aint interested...nether is george lynch my mentor and cousin
A MAN WHO FUCKS ANOTHER MAN, IS NOT A MAN AT ALL
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

suck it, douche nozzles. i traded the guitars for this yamaha trb1005 bass

its way nice. i traded it with the bassist from my band for this guitar..

i will be sanding it down and repainting it ASAP. i think its ugly as shit with the fake wear and tear, i dont get people who pay extra for that, just use it long enough and it will look like that anyway :lol:
other than that, this guitar is sick. it plays perfect and i love it.
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

well ill be damned, there was actually a nice guitar under all that crap.. now to do some finish sanding, stain it, rub some oil in an call it a day
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

If you paint it with a light yellow or white enamel paint with just a few coats the paint will seep into the grain and show through, looks pretty cool when done right.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

AoD wrote:well ill be damned, there was actually a nice guitar under all that crap.. now to do some finish sanding, stain it, rub some oil in an call it a day
James Hetfield is very upset with you. :lol:
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

yeah, it was a Hetfield signature guitar
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Much better :tup:
Jebodiah
Bullfrog

Post by Jebodiah »

AoD wrote:well ill be damned, there was actually a nice guitar under all that crap.. now to do some finish sanding, stain it, rub some oil in an call it a day
Paint it black :tup:

Or be a tough dood and scratch it up and put bottle caps all over it.
One Man Ghetto
Mescalito
Lynch Mob

Post by Mescalito »

Looks like you sanded through the veneer a little.
Mescalito
Lynch Mob

Post by Mescalito »

Looks like you sanded through the veneer a little.