Current setups and Guitar/amp combo for a grand

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
WHISKEY
Far Beyond Driven

Current setups and Guitar/amp combo for a grand

Post by WHISKEY »

What current setup do you all have for Metal/ Stoner Rock/ Hard Rock. Thats all I really play. Hit a power chord and work it for a while.

I currently have a Dean EVO XM and a cheap Dean 10watt amp. Im looking at upgrading both. I have a cheap Strat for clean Ill probably hold onto.

I was looking at a 200 dollar Roland Cube 20watt practice amp cause of the Metal distortion and metal stack options it also has a Tube option and Ive heard it sounds pretty close. Though thats hard to believe.

Now since my Guitar shop gave me a stretched payment plan 1000 broken into 3-4 monthly payments no intrest Ill probably do it.

What kind of Guitar should I be looking at? Im thinking 3-450 on a guitar and mabey looking at some sort of cheap tube amp? Or just go with the Roland 20x and get a nice guitar.

I like the Dean but I want something that stays in tune and is better suited for my style of playing. I doubt Ill keep the Dean and spend a stack on an amp so thats really not an option.
"TELL THAT BITCH TO CHILL"
"GETCHA PULL!"
DIMEBAG FOREVER STRONGER THAN ALL
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

I got my bugera 333xl tube half stack for 750.00
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
WHISKEY
Far Beyond Driven

Post by WHISKEY »

JesseJames wrote:I got my bugera 333xl tube half stack for 750.00
Yeah, I was lookin at the Bugera heads.

How does your half stack compare to a Marshall or even Orange half stack? Not that I would even look at an Orange amp rite now but I am curious.

Im looking at another Dean rite now on Zzounds.com and all of the Dime guitars look awsome. What is the best one and which one has the best bang for the buck. They all look the same to me. I want my guitar to sound good and hold notes for a long time. I really dont care about looks. I really dont even know what Im looking at really. Some oppions would help.
"GETCHA PULL!"
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

WHISKEY wrote:

How does your half stack compare to a Marshall or even Orange half stack? Not that I would even look at an Orange amp rite now but I am curious.

Im looking at another Dean rite now on Zzounds.com and all of the Dime guitars look awsome. What is the best one and which one has the best bang for the buck. They all look the same to me. I want my guitar to sound good and hold notes for a long time. I really dont care about looks. I really dont even know what Im looking at really. Some oppions would help.
The bugera sounds just fine. A lot of people will piss on it because of the name, but they haveb't played one. It's not as crisp as a marshall, but I dont think it's worth the extra 700.00 in price difference.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
WHISKEY
Far Beyond Driven

Post by WHISKEY »

JesseJames wrote:
WHISKEY wrote:

The bugera sounds just fine. A lot of people will piss on it because of the name, but they haveb't played one. It's not as crisp as a marshall, but I dont think it's worth the extra 700.00 in price difference.
Yeah, I would imagine they sound pretty close. I dont care about name recognition or extended warentees, shit breaks and by that time Ide have something much better anyway. I need to find a guitar shop that will let me plug in and play with some amps a little. The guitar shop I go to only carries Bad Cat amps. I got to play on one and they rule but they are way out of my price range. They are close to Orange as far as price.

If I dident have a car/Mortgage/little stupid shit payments I would be lovin life.
"GETCHA PULL!"
WHISKEY
Far Beyond Driven

Post by WHISKEY »

Looks badass but I cant imagine it accomidating a drop C or D sound too well.
What kind of guitar does Kirk Play? I know Pepper plays a hollow body

http://www.zzounds.com/item--DNEDFH

Edit " 10 out of 10
"amazing guitar"
Feature:
it came with hard shell case which i had to replace twice because there was a weired smell to its other then thta it comes with all the allen keys and the floyd rose works like a charm u can get those real dimebag screams out of it,the two traction knobs work good when ur palying and ur hands are swaety u can grip the knob well."

WTF

What about Ibanez

5 year plan is a Gibson Les Paul 59 Goldtop. Ahhhhhhhh!
"GETCHA PULL!"
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

I have a 5 watt Harvey Benson practice amp, if you put a good value dual humbucker guitar (Schechter or however you spell it are supposed to be good value) and a decent distortion and EQ pedal in front, it would sound the tits :tup:
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Honestly, fuck the dimebag guitars. His name doubles the price tag and there's nothing special about them as far as playing goes. I had a ST-2 and it lived under my bed for about 4 years.
Gor-Gor
Tyrant-King

Post by Gor-Gor »

every Dime ive played always played muddy. even on clean it was distorted. i like the distortion to be thick but you can tell what the guitarist is hitting, it doesnt just melt into fuzz.
[quote="IFryKids"]I bet you were drunk on maple syrup and powdered donuts, you sloppy piece of shit.[/quote]
[quote="DBS"]shut the fuck up you greasy disaster.[/quote]
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

I haven't played a good sounding dime guitar either. I remember reading one time someone got a washburn dime 333 and it was made of plywood.
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

as does ibanez, hamer, epiphone, peavey, bc rich, fender squire, danelectro, LTD, jackson, sammick and yamaha ect ect....
you get what you pay for. i recomend buying used stuff on ebay or c-list if youre on that kind of budget. theres tons of $200 guitars out there that are fun to play and a $60 pickup will make any guitar sound decent. so now you have 740 bucks for an amp. fuck yeah!
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

cornford amps ftw
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]