God damn it...

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

God damn it...

Post by The Doctor »

Edwards? The Japanese-made ESP? I guess they can get away with producing/selling models after lawsuits over there...

Any odd chance in a million that anyone here has ever played an Edwards guitar? Everything I've seen has said the Edwards models are regarded as "better" than the ESP LTD's (Korean and Indonesian made), but not as good as the legit ESPs. Besides, you can't get the proper Explorer shape from any ESP sold in the US... only the overly pointy EX models which look a little blasphemous to me.

These are pretty consistently being sold on eBay for about 1k USD... and I'd never dare to buy a guitar without playing something from their brand or line at the very least, but Edwards guitars are not exported for sale to the US. They're pretty much a Japanese thing from what I understand...
Ezekiel 23:20
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

That's pretty awesome.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

ask CFH Eternal, I believe he bought an Edwards Les Paul some time back and was extremely happy with it...
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

I wish I could get my hands on one to try it out. No way am I spending 1k on a guitar sight unseen...

But it's an ESP, more or less, so can it really suck?
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

No I got an Orville which is a Gibson Made in Japan. To be honest those Edward guitars are good but I like the older Tokai's, Burny's, and Orvilles and if you can find any of those for a steal you should do so.
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

in shinjuku tokyo theres a street full of instrument stores, it would have been heavenly if i had a penny to my name when i was there... i played a couple Edwards guitars and at the time i thought they were the best guitars ive ever played and one day i will get one.
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

Was the neck super thin like an Ibanez or did it have a fatter feel to it like a Gibson/Epi?

I am madly in love with Explorers, but only like the traditional Explorer shape. I don't care much for the look of the Peavey Rotor, the post-lawsuit Ibanez Destroyer, or any of the new "super pointy" ESP EX models.

If I had a few thousand dollars at my disposal, I'd go the Hetfield route and get a Ken Lawrence... but that just isn't happening anytime soon.