What do you think?

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

What do you think?

Post by JesseJames »

Worth spending 3650.00 on?

j/k I'm gonna get it anyway.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

spend that on lessons over 2 years and you'll actually have something to brag about.
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

Honestly? No. I challenge the notion that any factory guitar is worth over 1500 dollars. Once you hit the 2k mark, you should be entitled to custom specifications.

And I've played a few PRS guitars. Very nice, but not worth the price tag.
Ezekiel 23:20
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Acid Flashbakc wrote:spend that on lessons over 2 years and you'll actually have something to brag about.
I don't take playing guitar seriously enough to get lessons. I could give a fuck about theory.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

The Doctor wrote:Honestly? No. I challenge the notion that any factory guitar is worth over 1500 dollars. Once you hit the 2k mark, you should be entitled to custom specifications.

And I've played a few PRS guitars. Very nice, but not worth the price tag.
So do you have any guitars that are more than 2k? And do they have custom specs?
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

JesseJames wrote: So do you have any guitars that are more than 2k? And do they have custom specs?
No, because I don't think a guitar should cost that much. 1,000, fine. But anything over 1,500 is pushing it.

I don't understand why you're asking me this question though. All I was trying to say is that PRS guitars are nice, but not worth the price tag many of them have IMO.
Ezekiel 23:20
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

Post by Three Second Doom »

I can understand collecting guitars for the sake of collecting them, but 3 grand on one piece of musical equipment seems a bit much. Different strokes I guess. If I had 3 grand to blow I'd have a whole new setup. :lol:
Goddamn, this is one wacky game show.
Grimlock
Russian Roulette

Post by Grimlock »

Is it just me, or is that bridge really fucking big?
You have exercised utmost discernment, far beyond that of the layman.
5axisOfEvil
I will fuck you up

Post by 5axisOfEvil »

If it makes you happy buy it.
I agree that factory guitars shouldnt be that much.
I have a Fender Custom Shop Fat Strat that is killer but only cost 1100.
I also have a Jackson PC1 that is cool, but I only paid 1400 for it.
Save the whales. Collect the whole set.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

I don't think I would ever spend much more than £500 on a guitar. Even pretty cheap models can sound great with some TLC, good pickups and a good amp. I would be tempted by PRS guitars but I don't really like the quilted finish, which they all seem to have for some reason. Obviously if I won the lottery, I would buy the dragon.
UNGODLIKE
Lynch Mob

Post by UNGODLIKE »

well, if you put the decimal next to the 5, it's be an alright deal IMO.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Fuck it, who cares. If I have an extra three-grand to blow on something that I wanted, I fuckin do it. That's the beauty of choice.

I'm not a professional upright bassist, but if I had the money for one of those fucking doghouses that they played in the 20's, I'd scoop it right up.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Pfl?yd wrote:Fuck it, who cares. If I have an extra three-grand to blow on something that I wanted, I fuckin do it. That's the beauty of choice.

I'm not a professional upright bassist, but if I had the money for one of those fucking doghouses that they played in the 20's, I'd scoop it right up.
:tup:
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

I don't know why anyone other than a working musician would spend that much on a guitar
... You're killing me, Smalls.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Hunter/Killer wrote:I don't know why anyone other than a working musician would spend that much on a guitar
Why would anyone other than a professional race-car driver want to buy a high-speed sports car?
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Pfl?yd wrote:
Hunter/Killer wrote:I don't know why anyone other than a working musician would spend that much on a guitar
Why would anyone other than a professional race-car driver want to buy a high-speed sports car?
Good one! :tup:
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Mad Muir
Dick Dangler

Post by Mad Muir »

Pfl?yd wrote:
Compensation?
Just because I can't crawl inside you it doesn't mean I'm not your parasite.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Pfl?yd wrote:
Because they have a tiny piece?
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

<should have requoted muir.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

So when pfloyd spent all that money on a drumset, despite him admittedly not being that great of a drummer he did so because he has a small penis?
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

JesseJames wrote:So when pfloyd spent all that money on a drumset, despite him admittedly not being that great of a drummer he did so because he has a small penis?
exactly.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

JesseJames wrote:So when pfloyd spent all that money on a drumset, despite him admittedly not being that great of a drummer he did so because he has a small penis?
Pfloyd is in bands and records albums. Also, decent electronic drum sets cost a shitload anyway.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

croninburg wrote:
Pfloyd is in bands and records albums. Also, decent electronic drum sets cost a shitload anyway.
exactly. floyd is actually a musician. if you want to spend all this money on cool gear then that's all your business dude. but whats the point in making so many posts about getting all this gear when your not interested in the least in discussing it? it's not even like your interested in playing the gear; you just want to show it off, and then you act surprised when people think you are a dick.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

croninburg wrote:
Really? Name some of his bands and albums, since you are apparently such a huge fan and would know this.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Acid Flashbakc wrote:
croninburg wrote:
exactly. floyd is actually a musician. if you want to spend all this money on cool gear then that's all your business dude. but whats the point in making so many posts about getting all this gear when your not interested in the least in discussing it? it's not even like your interested in playing the gear; you just want to show it off, and then you act surprised when people think you are a dick.
You think I'm a dick sheerly because I AM buying this stuff and because you can't afford to do the same thing.
You wouldn't care if I bought a squier strat, and probably wouldn't even talk shit about it. Because you can relate to something like that, but when someone buy something awesome and high dollar, you get mad and jealous because you can't have the same thing(s).
Too bad so sad.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

JesseJames wrote:
Acid Flashbakc wrote:
croninburg wrote:
You think I'm a dick sheerly because I AM buying this stuff and because you can't afford to do the same thing.
You wouldn't care if I bought a squier strat, and probably wouldn't even talk shit about it. Because you can relate to something like that, but when someone buy something awesome and high dollar, you get mad and jealous because you can't have the same thing(s).
Too bad so sad.
i have about 15 grand worth in gear. you don't know about that because I don't make countless threads bragging about it. want me to post pics with little signs that say "get over yourself JJ" next to my instruments? Really. I think your a dick because you post about what you have with NO intention to actually discuss it, only for the sake of bragging about it.

keep thinking everyone's just jealous JJ.
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

JesseJames wrote:Because you can relate to something like that, but when someone buy something awesome and high dollar, you get mad and jealous because you can't have the same thing(s).
Too bad so sad.
:lol: :lol:

To go with Pfloyd's sports car reference, I doubt a professional race car driver would be jealous if he saw someone parading around town running errands in a more expensive car than he has just cause it cost more money.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Acid Flashbakc wrote:
JesseJames wrote:
Acid Flashbakc wrote:
croninburg wrote:
Too bad so sad.
i have about 15 grand worth in gear. you don't know about that because I don't make countless threads bragging about it. want me to post pics with little signs that say "get over yourself JJ" next to my instruments? Really. I think your a dick because you post about what you have with NO intention to actually discuss it, only for the sake of bragging about it.

Yeah I'm sure your crate amp and your boss metal zone were just high dollar purchases.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

JesseJames wrote:
Acid Flashbakc wrote:
JesseJames wrote:
Acid Flashbakc wrote:
croninburg wrote:
Too bad so sad.

Yeah I'm sure your crate amp and your boss metal zone were just high dollar purchases.
Haha.
How much was your custom? 2grand? my warwick was double that. How much was your SWEET behringer made tube-amp? 700 for the head + cab? my engl powerball head alone was about 3x that. my floor pod and woolly mammoth pedals alone cost more then your rig dude.
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

I think either way, most musicians who are even somewhat serious value ability over how much their equipment cost. In another thread people were talking about how Eddie Van Halen would sound like himself through any setup and I think it's true. Who gives a shit what something costs, if it inspires you to play more and you're happy with the sound, what else really matters?

If spending nearly four grand on a guitar inspires you to pick it up more and helps develop your sound then that's great, I think most people just don't care much for the swinging around of e-dick saying people are jealous. It really couldn't be farther from the truth I'm sure.
Last edited by Three Second Doom on Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

And how much could you sell your items versus what you paid for them? Because that prs up there, I could easily make a profit off of, my custom guitar, could potentially turn out to be very lucrative, and my amp, I could probably sell at a loss of 150.00, same with the acoustic.

And all your gear? whats the new price versus the used market price? Probably considerably less. :pimp:
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

JesseJames wrote:And how much could you sell your items versus what you paid for them? Because that prs up there, I could easily make a profit off of, my custom guitar, could potentially turn out to be very lucrative, and my amp, I could probably sell at a loss of 150.00, same with the acoustic.

And all your gear? whats the new price versus the used market price? Probably considerably less. :pimp:
:lol: i buy things to use them JJ, i'm not into jewelry.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

Three Second Doom wrote:I think either way, most musicians who are even somewhat serious value ability over how much their equipment cost. In another thread people were talking about how Eddie Van Halen would sound like himself through any setup and I think it's true. Who gives a shit what something costs, if it inspires you to play more and you're happy with the sound, what else really matters?

If spending nearly four grand on a guitar inspires you to pick it up more and helps develop your sound then that's great, I think most people just don't care much for the swinging around of e-dick saying people are jealous. It really couldn't be farther from the truth I'm sure.
:tup: exactly. which is why I think the instrument market is somehow in favor of starting-out musicians. everyone starts on cheap-o instruments that are hard to play and then when they get good on that they move on to something more expensive and easier to play, and because they are used to playing on a shitty instrument they play that much better on a nicer instrument.

I'm only bringing up the prices because of JJ.
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

Hell, I've tried a few Squier classic vibe strats and teles and love them. I've thought about getting one to just mod for fun. It all comes down to just what you like and how you think your rig should sound.

I'm glad I don't look at instruments in dollar signs and used market value, etc. I'm in it to enjoy myself and play music, not run a business.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

Three Second Doom wrote:Hell, I've tried a few Squier classic vibe strats and teles and love them. I've thought about getting one to just mod for fun. It all comes down to just what you like and how you think your rig should sound.

I'm glad I don't look at instruments in dollar signs and used market value, etc. I'm in it to enjoy myself and play music, not run a business.
yea I actually had a friend whose parents were loaded and he started playing bass with music-mans and ESPs and never kept at it. I like to think that when I'm ready skill-wise to get something like a custom guitar, i'll get one. same goes with other instruments. It keeps everything fresh and I end up better skill-wise because of it.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Acid Flashbakc wrote:
JesseJames wrote:And how much could you sell your items versus what you paid for them? Because that prs up there, I could easily make a profit off of, my custom guitar, could potentially turn out to be very lucrative, and my amp, I could probably sell at a loss of 150.00, same with the acoustic.

Really? Are you in a band? You guys have a site?
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

JesseJames wrote:
Acid Flashbakc wrote:

Really? Are you in a band? You guys have a site?
yes i am in a band JJ, but since when do you need to be in a band to use an instrument? your logic is fucking retarded.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Kinda the same logic you use to say I shouldn't buy a guitar that I want. Or that I can't post about it on here.

So you have the freedom of choice when it comes to your life, but when it's someone else, they are impractical and stupid.
tacos
Lynch Mob

Post by tacos »

I think I had more fun when I played a really cheap guitar in the late 80s.
On track to quit this PBB late January 2016