Just ordered one of these

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Back on topic please :hit:
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

It finally arrived today. Could use a little better action on it, but it is a pretty good sounding acoustic. Not up there with a higher end taylor or martin, but definately sounds good. Mids are lacking mainly. It also came with a pretty plush hardshell case. Not a bad deal for $519.00 shipped to my door.

Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
tacos
Lynch Mob

Post by tacos »

hella gay
:lol:
On track to quit this PBB late January 2016
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

why don't you learn to play the damn thing first? never has the phrase 'all the gear, no idea' been so apt.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Green is definately your color lads. :pimp:
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

i'm definitely not envious of your spelling.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

But you are of my guitars. I am also thinking of getting a modern eagle. Is that okay with you? Thought I would ask since :zzz:
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

post a vid of you playing it JJ
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Acid Flashbakc wrote:post a vid of you playing it JJ
I suck at guitar, it would be nothing worth viewing.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

JesseJames wrote:
Acid Flashbakc wrote:post a vid of you playing it JJ
I suck at guitar, it would be nothing worth viewing.
what about just some chords? im more interested in what it sounds like.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

JesseJames wrote:But you are of my guitars.
i'm really not. i think it's nice that you have money to afford the things you want but if i had the money i wouldn't buy any of your gear.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

DBS wrote:
i'm really not. i think it's nice that you have money to afford the things you want but if i had the money i wouldn't buy any of your gear.
I think you would, you constantly feel the need to comment on it. And I've never seen a single bit of what you have. But then again I have never asked, because I truly don't care what you have or how well you do or don't play it. I think you suffer from a good bit of jealousy with just a tinge of inadequacy.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

JesseJames wrote:
DBS wrote:
I think you would, you constantly feel the need to comment on it. And I've never seen a single bit of what you have. But then again I have never asked, because I truly don't care what you have or how well you do or don't play it. I think you suffer from a good bit of jealousy with just a tinge of inadequacy.
I'm sure JJ likes the stuff he bought... but if I had the cash and wasn't much of a player (like he said) I would get some nice historic or classic gear that might appreciate rather than stuff that is worth half it costs the second you paid for it.

But thats just me...
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

PABassPlayer wrote:
JesseJames wrote:
DBS wrote:
I'm sure JJ likes the stuff he bought... but if I had the cash and wasn't much of a player (like he said) I would get some nice historic or classic gear that might appreciate rather than stuff that is worth half it costs the second you paid for it.

But thats just me...
I am thinking of getting a PRS modern eagle in the faded blue jean color to add with my other PRS guitars.
But the fact of the matter is I don't look at guitars as an investment. Just a way to fuck around for a little while.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

JesseJames wrote:
DBS wrote:
well to address each of your points...

i've only commented on your gear in threads that were about your gear. if you don't want people to give their opinion, don't post pictures of your stuff - that's what these threads are about, right? seeing what other people think of your stuff?

i have never asked to see what you have, either, but as this is a forum and the whole point of it is to communicate, i have given you my thoughts. doesn't mean that i lie awake at night worrying about what guitar you have. i don't put too much stock in your equipment either.

i don't understand how you can possibly suggest i am jealous of you. there are several other people here who have said that they are not fond of what you own - people with very nice stuff themselves. they're not all jealous.

i understand you having no interest in what i own or what i am capable of playing. but to suggest i feel inadequate because you have a certain guitar without you having an idea what i myself own, is completely absurd.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Because no one but you or my other pbb enemies ever talks shit about my gear. You aren't saying your opinion on anyone else's guitars actually, just mine. Just check PA's thread for proof of this. You're just trying to get under my skin about it and I could honestly care less what you think. Fact is I can buy just about whatever type of gear I want, and I think you know this and this is where some of your jealousy and inadequacy feelings come from.
And I do realize and have said before some people will like it, some wont, but it just to happens that the same people dont like it over and over again, no matter what, and I recognize what's behind this too.
But honestly, I will buy whatever I want regardless of anyone's opinion but my own.
externus
Mouth For War

Post by externus »

JesseJames wrote:You're just trying to get under my skin about it and I could honestly care less what you think.
:lol:
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Oh wow, look who decided to venture back in here despite never once claiming to be a musician before this thread. Did I get under your skin? Survey says yes.
externus
Mouth For War

Post by externus »

Now I have to prove that I'm a musician AND that I've had sex with girls! FFFFUUUUU :x
BabyKiller
Sexual Rubik's Cube

Post by BabyKiller »

Really, why would anyone buy a brand new instrument that they've never played?
"The world I live in is one where I have five quarrels a day, each with someone who really takes me on over something; and if I can't get into an argument, I go looking for one, to make sure I trust my own arguments, to hone them."
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

BabyKiller wrote:Really, why would anyone buy a brand new instrument that they've never played?
I've done it a few times. :oops:
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war