drum machines for mac

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

drum machines for mac

Post by hektik »

I tried using ezdrummer but after installing it i couldn't, and still can't figure out how to run it. what are some other good drum machines for a mac? i've been looking on the net and can't find jack shit really. help me PBB.
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

You need to run it in a DAW, you dingus.
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

you talk like i know anything about computers. PBB is as far as I go.
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

DAW = Digital Audio Workstation

EZDrummer is a VSTi (Virtual Studio Technology Instrument), which means you need a "host program" (DAW) to run it. I recommend Renoise. Real men sequence vertically.

www.renoise.com

If you need help with this shit, I don't know why you didn't just send me a message. This computer music stuff is all I do anymore. :lol:
Ezekiel 23:20
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

Fruityloops is pretty easy for babbies (I use it, i'm gay)
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

Fruity Loops is the Guitar Hero of DAWs. :no: At least check out Ableton or Reason. They're both still a little low tech compared to other things out there, but they're a lot more powerful and allow you to be a lot more individual than FL will. :tup:
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

The Doctor wrote:Fruity Loops is the Guitar Hero of DAWs. :no: At least check out Ableton or Reason. They're both still a little low tech compared to other things out there, but they're a lot more powerful and allow you to be a lot more individual than FL will. :tup:
Yeah, abelton and reason are superior programs, but I figure he's only going to use a daw to program thrash drums so he's not going utilize all that SUPREME POWER.
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

Then use a tracker. Stripped down, but still very powerful. :tup:
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Logic Logic Logic Logic Logic, Hektik.

Get Logic Express, dude, and it's your one-stop music production shop. It's like taking all the best parts of Reason, Pro-Tools, and other programs and putting them into one. You can have your drum machine right there in your recording interface. No bouncing or moving tracks from one program to another. It's all right there in front of you, side-by-side.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

Pfl?yd wrote:Logic Logic Logic Logic Logic, Hektik.

Get Logic Express, dude, and it's your one-stop music production shop. It's like taking all the best parts of Reason, Pro-Tools, and other programs and putting them into one. You can have your drum machine right there in your recording interface. No bouncing or moving tracks from one program to another. It's all right there in front of you, side-by-side.
wait wait wait! I have that program already, how do I combine this with DFH?!
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

hektik wrote:

What are the samples that DFH uses? What kind of files? At worst you'd have to convert them to .wav files and then load them into the library.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

Pfl?yd wrote:
hektik wrote:

What are the samples that DFH uses? What kind of files? At worst you'd have to convert them to .wav files and then load them into the library.
i don't know, i can't view anything other than the install folders.