Rode $1AU mic promotion

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Rode $1AU mic promotion

Post by croninburg »

https://www.rodemic.com/onedollarmic.php

Worth knowing about if you're looking for gear, Rode gear is pretty well regarded. They are offering a handheld dynamic, handheld condenser or pencil condenser for 1 Australian dollar when you buy another of their mics from a participating dealer this August :tup:
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

My dad's birthday is coming up and he's been looking for some new mics. I'm totally going to take advantage of this. :tup:
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Good stuff. What does he do? I just bought a matched pair of NT55s (the pencil condensers with the attenuation pad and bass roll off) for overheads, because the large condensers I have can barely handle loud drums. I'm hoping to get two M3s into the bargain, and if I don't like them I shoud be able to get at least 1/3 of my outlay back by selling them :tup:
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

croninburg wrote:Good stuff. What does he do? I just bought a matched pair of NT55s (the pencil condensers with the attenuation pad and bass roll off) for overheads, because the large condensers I have can barely handle loud drums. I'm hoping to get two M3s into the bargain, and if I don't like them I shoud be able to get at least 1/3 of my outlay back by selling them :tup:
He does finger picking acoustic stuff like Leo Kottke and Michael Hedges. He's an amazing player, and I want to get him some mics so he can finally record his songs. He kind of has his mind set on some shitty direct to usb mic because it'll be "easier". I keep trying to explain to him that it's going to sound like shit but he doesn't listen. Nigga doesn't want to deal with preamps. :x

edit: So I'm going to get him a condenser or two, maybe get my brother to chip in for a cheap mixer or something.
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Cool, you should be spoilt for choice from their range :tup: I don't know much about interfaces, but I have a focusrite saffire 10 i/o, they also do a smaller interface with 4 xlr inputs which would be perfect for solo vocal and guitar.