Who owns an SG?

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Who owns an SG?

Post by Dawdy »

I just got an Epiphone G-400 off of ebay real cheap. It came with everything but the pickups/electronics. I'm not sure what pickups i want to put in it. I like the look of the chrome covered pickups. I dont think i want to buy the Epiphone ones meant for it. I've been reading great reviews for these pickups made by acompany called GFS. I guess they make really great sounding pickups and sell them cheap because theres no middle man. I was thinking about getting the GFS Fat Pat set.

SG owners, tell me about yours. What pickups do you have? Is your guitar neck heavy? what did you do to help fix it, or did you just learn to live with it? The neck on mine wants to point down a bit. i dont want to start moving strap buttons around and leaving holes all over it if it wont make a difference. i read somewhere about using a leather strap because it wont slide. i have one, and all it did was grip my shirt and starting pulling my shirt down.
washburnML
I will fuck you up

Post by washburnML »

I bought my Gibson SG at a used guitar store about 2-3 years ago for $500. The guitar neck on the SG is heavier than most guitars but you grow use to it. I don't know the EXACT model of my SG, but it seems to be like this one:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/prod ... sku=517222

According to the link it has Alnico 490 pickups. I have never herd of these pickups before, but they have a good tone to them. The SG is a guitar I love playing and I honestly have no desire to buy another guitar.
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

Post by Three Second Doom »

GFS is guitar fetish I believe. http://store.guitarfetish.com/

I was reading up on their P90 equivalent a little while ago when I was thinking about buying a cheap guitar to mod. I've heard good things about them too.
Goddamn, this is one wacky game show.
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

i ordered my fat pats. should get them in the mail next week hopefully. will post pictures once its all done.
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

i swear by dimarzio, but if it sounds good to you :tup:
UNGODLIKE
Lynch Mob

Post by UNGODLIKE »

i've got an black 89' SG w/dimarzio humbuckers.
satan sux my dick
cottonmouth
I will fuck you up

Post by cottonmouth »

ive played an epiphone SG from a friend lately. the whole thing was a little off balance, but the guitar is so light it took a minimum amount of effort to keep it in playing position.
Tweel
I will fuck you up

Post by Tweel »

i got a '91 SG . i put jazz(neck) and a JB(bridge) in it. :tup:
Fuck Ole Miss