Potting Pickups

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Potting Pickups

Post by BassPhemy »

So I'm about to go jam with this drummer who lives near me with my guitar but when I turn my guitar up past a certain level it feeds back like fuck. Through Googling and webernetting I think potting my pickups is the answer I'm looking for aside from buying new pickups which I probably won't be doing. Dipping them in wax in a double boiler and whatnot.

But anyway, I was wondering maybe if I'm missing another problem totally or if anyone else has done this?
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

The wax potting isn't really going to help much at all. People claim it does, but in my experience there is little to no help.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
texasborn
Stoned Crow

Post by texasborn »

I agree with JJ. I see little to no results when using said wax.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

texasborn wrote:I agree with JJ. I see little to no results when standing over a mirror to see my penis.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

active pickups? and how loud do you turn the guitar to to get the feedback? like 9-10/10? usually if i crank my guitar and then turn it down 1 level (or what degree of turn 1 level would be) it sends a signal thats not as hot and gets rid of it, but it's still loud enough for my liking
texasborn
Stoned Crow

Post by texasborn »

JesseJames wrote:
texasborn wrote:I agree with JJ. I see little to no results when standing over a mirror to see my penis.

its pretty. what do you want me to say? :)
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

what the fuck is a double boiler? just get more earwax. feedback is awesome.
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

would shielding the electronics better, help?